Adams Central Team Regional updates?

Boot

It was still a great achievement for your team to win the sectional.  You placed ahead of two and maybe as many as four or five teams that would have beaten you in duals.  The team won because every wrestler did a little bit better than people expected.  All of those little bits added up to one big accomplishment.

haha well thanks even though i think only new haven and homestead would beat us in a dual but that doesnt matter does it.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the article above poster by AJ i'm glad they said Stebing was the most valuable wrestler. It's amazing what some guys can do when they realize it could be there last match of there high school career. He wrestled phenomenal and would be a very tough kid to go against if he was still in the run for state.

haha well thanks even though i think only new haven and homestead would beat us in a dual but that doesnt matter does it.

I was thinking of the three ACAC teams.  Woodlan beat Garrett, Leo beat AC, and the AC-Heritage match was only 3 points.  They all have some solid wrestlers in their line-up so, depending on match-ups, could have had a good dual match with you guys.

I'm not trying to point any fingers or make any accusations, but I heard a rumor recently that Travis Thatcher transferred to Bellmont from Adams Central his freshman year (which i realize is significantly closer than Franklin to Yorktown).  Again, this is a rumor and I have no facts to back it up, but if it is true, that would eliminate any argument about recruitment at Yorktown from Bellmont fans except VanHorn.  Does anyone have any information on this?  Again, this is by word of mouth.  I am simply looking for answers and truth here.  If I am wrong, then I am ready to accept that.  I just want to hear this.  Also, I am not taking a stab at Bellmont for doing so (assuming this rumor is true).  That would be ignorant of me.

I'm not trying to point any fingers or make any accusations, but I heard a rumor recently that Travis Thatcher transferred to Bellmont from Adams Central his freshman year (which i realize is significantly closer than Franklin to Yorktown).  Again, this is a rumor and I have no facts to back it up, but if it is true, that would eliminate any argument about recruitment at Yorktown from Bellmont fans except VanHorn.  Does anyone have any information on this?  Again, this is by word of mouth.  I am simply looking for answers and truth here.  If I am wrong, then I am ready to accept that.  I just want to hear this.  Also, I am not taking a stab at Bellmont for doing so (assuming this rumor is true).  That would be ignorant of me.

I do not know anything about this but I do know that the Thatcher name has been in the halls of Bellmont for years.

Van Horn's a Bellmont fan?

I think Travis Thatcher went to Adams Central in middle school. I have no idea what the circumstances are surrounding the move to Bellmont for high school. Not sure if the family moved or what. I'm fairly certain he never went to high school at Adams Central though, so I don't know what it has to do with people questioning Van Horn's move 3 weeks ago - in the middle of the season, at  weak weight for Yorktown.

As far as I know at least one parent hailed from Bellmont of any wrestler I know after 1992. Trivia: what high school starting 14 has won a State title with one parent Graduating  from same school? Probably none with layoffs in Indiana as of lately.

Totalfocus

Come on aj get rid of the sour grapes.

I dont have any... I was referring to an actual newspaper taking a shot at a kid.  Which I think is terrible journalism and very tacky.  I am not sure how you could take it as something else.

And if you think I have sour grapes cause Bellmont won, then you are mistaken.

I dont have any... I was referring to an actual newspaper taking a shot at a kid.  Which I think is terrible journalism and very tacky.  I am not sure how you could take it as something else.

I read it as  a shot at those that hired the gun, not the hired gun.

AJ I agree with Karl I do not think it was a shot at Van Horn. I agree that this would not fly at a big city newspaper but this is in a small town newspaper. In a town that loves wrestling and saw the move to defeat their wrestling team.

Van Horn's a Bellmont fan?

I think Travis Thatcher went to Adams Central in middle school. I have no idea what the circumstances are surrounding the move to Bellmont for high school. Not sure if the family moved or what. I'm fairly certain he never went to high school at Adams Central though, so I don't know what it has to do with people questioning Van Horn's move 3 weeks ago - in the middle of the season, at  weak weight for Yorktown.

I worded that wrong lol. I read a post earlier about all kinds of move-ins to Yorktown, but it must have been deleted.  What I meant by the bolded quote you had from my previous post is that an alleged Bellmont fan posted about all these people that moved in to Yorktown and all but VanHorn moved in before high school, which would have been the same (except for VanHorn) as allegedly Thatcher moving in to Bellmont.  However, I am not making any accusations (I want to make this very clear lol) and if he had a parent graduate from there, that adds another dimension.  If Billy Baker had transferred to his dad's alma mater, Yorktown (correct me if I am wrong), would that have been the same thing or would that have been a negatively displayed because of the rivalry? (again hypothetically speaking)

It is true that thatcher transfered to bellmont before his freshman year... didn't move and it sure wasn't for academic reasons! He wanted to wrestle for a better program in which he thought he had a better opportunity to reach his full potential...

It is true that thatcher transfered to bellmont before his freshman year... didn't move and it sure wasn't for academic reasons! He wanted to wrestle for a better program in which he thought he had a better opportunity to reach his full potential...

He moved to become a JV wrestler for two years... haha!  He got lucky and was varsity at the end of his sophomore season due to an injury.

I worded that wrong lol. I read a post earlier about all kinds of move-ins to Yorktown, but it must have been deleted.  What I meant by the bolded quote you had from my previous post is that an alleged Bellmont fan posted about all these people that moved in to Yorktown and all but VanHorn moved in before high school, which would have been the same (except for VanHorn) as allegedly Thatcher moving in to Bellmont.  However, I am not making any accusations (I want to make this very clear lol) and if he had a parent graduate from there, that adds another dimension.  If Billy Baker had transferred to his dad's alma mater, Yorktown (correct me if I am wrong), would that have been the same thing or would that have been a negatively displayed because of the rivalry? (again hypothetically speaking)

I don't know if I follow your hypo 100%, but if you're asking if people from Bellmont would have been upset if Billy Baker decided a couple weeks before sectional that he was going to wrestle for Yorktown because his dad went to school there (no idea if that's true) and his family still lived in Decatur, I'm sure they would probably be upset.  

I don't know if I follow your hypo 100%, but if you're asking if people from Bellmont would have been upset if Billy Baker decided a couple weeks before sectional that he was going to wrestle for Yorktown because his dad went to school there (no idea if that's true) and his family still lived in Decatur, I'm sure they would probably be upset.  

Well of course they would be upset.  I honestly had a hypothetical intention.  I apologize if I stepped on any toes.  I was just asking for clarification on that move-in.  Now I know and I thank everyone for not getting heated or upset.  I am not entirely sure that Thatcher's move-in was not entirely for academic reasons.  Who can dispute that other than himself and his family.  Lets not start pointing fingers.  These are high school athletes, but students first.  After all, the education is what is going to get each and every high school athlete where they want/need to be after their wrestling season is over.  They cannot make a living off of wrestling.  We are all here for the wrestlers and to support them, rivalry high school or not.

The truth about Billy Bakers father is that he has lived in Decatur all his life.

That is my fault then.  I apologize.  There is a banner in the wrestling room for a state champion and his last name was Baker.  I am blanking on the first name at the moment, but I was told it was Billy's father.  I apologize for being wrong.  Thank you for the clarification, bigbravenfan1

I usually don't post on here but on this subject I cannot resist. In my humble opinion a kid should be able to go anywhere and compete for any school he/she wishes regardless of school district restrictions. Parochial schools and private schools like and of the Bishops - Culver, Howe and Park Tudor do it all the time. If I am not mistaken Matt Irwin was a Norwell kid before ending up at Bellmont. The funny thing is the person or people who should be most upset are the parents of the kid who is displaced as a varsity wrestler because a kid moves in. Wouldn't it be great if people were only allowed to work within a specific geographical region regardless of their chosen field of endevour. Sorry you want a job at GM but you live in Wells Allen or Whitley county nada. Your a nurse who can't find a job a job in Huntington can't help you at Parkview Ft Wayne you don't qualify. As for Thatcher Joey is right I think he only made varsity his sophmore year because (Bultemier ?) got hurt. So a kid moved in so he could sit for two years when in all likelihood he could have been varsity at least full three years at AC right.

As for the Yorktown move in so what - Angel Escobedo Andrae Hernandez and a host of others in the region have made the moves. This is afterall only high school wrestling (As much as I love it) Damn what am I saying they should have made Andrew Howe go to IU it's not fair how can a Hoosier end up a Badger. The ISHAA is almost as overbearing and short sighted as the NCAA - They killed the basketball goldmine (who cares) They are bound and determined to do it to other High School sports and the homers perpetuate it with their crys of this isn't fair as it comes out of the side of their mouth all the while accepting someone in out of the other. If a parent wants the best for their child let it happen.

Well of course they would be upset.  I honestly had a hypothetical intention.  I apologize if I stepped on any toes.  I was just asking for clarification on that move-in.  Now I know and I thank everyone for not getting heated or upset.  I am not entirely sure that Thatcher's move-in was not entirely for academic reasons.  Who can dispute that other than himself and his family.  Lets not start pointing fingers.  These are high school athletes, but students first.  After all, the education is what is going to get each and every high school athlete where they want/need to be after their wrestling season is over.  They cannot make a living off of wrestling.  We are all here for the wrestlers and to support them, rivalry high school or not.

I still don't think I understand your point with the Billy Baker hypo. Was it supposed to mean something relative to the Van Horn situation?

It seems like you are saying people from Bellmont shouldn't question the Van Horn move from Franklin to Yorktown right before sectional at a weight that they had a definite disadvantage against Bellmont because Bellmont would be upset if a good wrestler from Bellmont transferred to Yorktown because his dad went there. What does that have to do with anything?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.