What is your favorite thing about the Merrillville Semistate ?

Regionrat1

You're kind of mean Rankings Guy, but you are funny and smart.  I can't tell if you are good natured or not.  I think you probably are for a Sweatpants Nazi.

What are your plans after college?

i PM'd you.. and yes, some things i say may offend some people but i feel that i'm generally good-natured and most of the jesting is in good fun to keep the mood of the board light.

I personally enjoy seeing battle-tested Region kids with 5 to 10 losses reap the benefits of their tough schedules when they knock off untested kids from the Logansport Regional with shiny records  :P

I think my boys from Logan will hold there own this weekend some very good wrestlers, dont be surprised 2 see lots of logan regional wrestlers at conseco this yr

Oh, definitely the shirts.  Especially the ones from hick towns with one kid.  The shirts say stuff like (made up name) "PETER BATE, SEMI-STATE QUALIFIER 2011.  ALL THE WAY TO STATE FOR BATE!"

I never have seen a great wrestler, nor any member of his family, ever, ever where a shirt like that.  Yet annually 40 or so of these hayseeds show up with such a shirt for their 4th place regional wrestler.  Why not just make a shirt that says, "MVP of the Toad Hop, Indiana, JV Invitational"?

I think my boys from Logan will hold there own this weekend some very good wrestlers, dont be surprised 2 see lots of logan regional wrestlers at conseco this yr

I have to agree with Devildog!  Look for some of those shiny records to make it to Indy

Oh, definitely the shirts.   Especially the ones from hick towns with one kid.  The shirts say stuff like (made up name) "PETER BATE, SEMI-STATE QUALIFIER 2011.  ALL THE WAY TO STATE FOR BATE!"

I never have seen a great wrestler, nor any member of his family, ever, ever where a shirt like that.  Yet annually 40 or so of these hayseeds show up with such a shirt for their 4th place regional wrestler.  Why not just make a shirt that says, "MVP of the Toad Hop, Indiana, JV Invitational"?

LOL.  I saw people wearing shirts that said that almost verbatim this past weekend at the Castle regional.

Oh, definitely the shirts.  Especially the ones from hick towns with one kid.  The shirts say stuff like (made up name) "PETER BATE, SEMI-STATE QUALIFIER 2011.  ALL THE WAY TO STATE FOR BATE!"

Maybe it's just me, but taking pride in your school and supporting your team seems like a good thing to me.

I always loved the atmosphere of all those people there cheering on their wrestlers and the suspense of the first 2 rounds. The finals were always amazing too. It's almost worth the long drive to go back and see it again.

Maybe it's just me, but taking pride in your school and supporting your team seems like a good thing to me.

I always loved the atmosphere of all those people there cheering on their wrestlers and the suspense of the first 2 rounds. The finals were always amazing too. It's almost worth the long drive to go back and see it again.

hell yes.  i kind of like those shirts too.  for those kids it is a pretty big deal.  there is a school that we used to make fun of when i was in h.s. called hanover central.  one of, if not the, best wrestlers in the history of our state came from there!

I personally enjoy seeing battle-tested Region kids with 5 to 10 losses reap the benefits of their tough schedules when they knock off untested kids from the Logansport Regional with shiny records  :P

Seeing the kids with the shiny records beat the kids from other regionals who don't think they belong.  Don't get me wrong as I know the Logan regional is the weak sister coming into this semi state.  But there are some good kids that come out of there every year.

I personally enjoy seeing battle-tested Region kids with 5 to 10 losses reap the benefits of their tough schedules when they knock off untested kids from the Logansport Regional with shiny records  :P

Zach Sandefur 25-13 of merrillville beat Eric Palmieri 29-1 West Lafayette. Sandefur then won his second round to qualify for state.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.