Toughest semi-state?

FurgaSonic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Merrillville is statistically the top-dog.  That goes without being said. 

But this season, Da Region seems to be weaker.  Not saying that it is not good wrestling, but it seems that Da Region has guys who are there right there or not even close, though there are some that are in between.

New Castle is tough as nails this year, but I think the depth still lies in the North (I'm SUPER biased).  We'll see quite a few State Champs from this Semi-State.  & if I was still in high school, this would be the semi-state that I didn't want to draw on Friday Night!

Evansville always has it's stud and dark horses.  Plain and simple,  them boys just get after it.

& I hate to make Y2 happy, but Fort Wayne is getting stronger!  :o  & The twins from Carroll are studs, and Yorktown is strong.  Not to mention the rest of the stud who have lived and breathed wrestling since we were kids!

I'm too excited for this season to play out.  It's fun watching some of the guys who were always an age group younger climbing to the top of the ranks.  It's also awesome to see friends like Tsirtsis & Roach (Along with dozens more) making there way to the next level.

I'll be in East Lansing, keeping track of the semi-state and State Finals!  I know it's been a damn good year of wrestling in Indiana!

Good Luck to all you Studs working your tails off to wrestle under the lights! 

REMEMBER: Anything can happen on those 4 mats in Conseco!  Go get em!

I just looked at all 4 brackets of the weight classes, they all have some bad draws, some TOO lucky draws, and some stacked weight classes, each one has their own tough spots and weaker spots, its waaaay to spread out to decide a certain toughest SS. All a matter of opinion.

It will be very interesting to see how things end up this year.  It's really too early to tell what order the SSs will finish in.  You might see a SS get the most or the 2nd most champs, but the least number of placers this year. 

It really is cyclical.  Believe it or not, there was a stretch of years in the 90s when Merrillville was easily the weakest statistically and the other 3 beat up on each other at state.  I agree, though, that it seems more balanced this year than in recent years.  FW is up compared to recent results and M-ville seems down compared to recent results.  It should make state that much more entertaining with the 4 seemingly more even this year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.