semi-state qualifier numbers

Tilt

Washington Hatchets set s school record by sending 4 to semistate from Jeffersonville Regional, previous record was 2

135 Leo Meza (2nd)

140 Raulie Velazquez (2nd)

189 Aaron Cissell (3rd)

215 Heath Hedrick (4th)

I didn't think Bellmont had any crybaby fans.  At least they didn't in the past...

I am just stating the facts. I am not sure the free agent signing was even needed for them to beat Bellmont- they are simply deeper than Bellmont.

Either way-I am proud of our program and the way they go about themselves week in and week out.

I think a lot of this stuff gets overblown to be honest. I am sure both of their coaches are good guys, and they are great role models for their kids-that has been said over and over by people here on the board. I just think the main difference is that it seems to be a common theme that wrestlers from other schools just happen to move into their district in the middle of their high school careers. Whether it is intentional or not, I guess it doesn't really matter, because they are obviously playing by the rules, otherwise the IHSAA would not allow all of these kids to transfer. I just enjoy watching the kids that came up through our system and seeing how they progress. I would rather see a Baker fight for 3rd/4th at Regional then have a Tsirtsis or Maldonado in the state finals...... But maybe I am crazy

I am just stating the facts. I am not sure the free agent signing was even needed for them to beat Bellmont- they are simply deeper than Bellmont.

Either way-I am proud of our program and the way they go about themselves week in and week out.

I think a lot of this stuff gets overblown to be honest. I am sure both of their coaches are good guys, and they are great role models for their kids-that has been said over and over by people here on the board. I just think the main difference is that it seems to be a common theme that wrestlers from other schools just happen to move into their district in the middle of their high school careers. Whether it is intentional or not, I guess it doesn't really matter, because they are obviously playing by the rules, otherwise the IHSAA would not allow all of these kids to transfer. I just enjoy watching the kids that came up through our system and seeing how they progress. I would rather see a Baker fight for 3rd/4th at Regional then have a Tsirtsis or Maldonado in the state finals...... But maybe I am crazy

I don't think it's necessary to call anyone out by name. I also don't think you have seen any tsirtsis or Maldonado for that matter transfer in middle of their high school careers. I am pretty sure that their is not any more maldonados left in high school.

I don't think it's necessary to call anyone out by name. I also don't think you have seen any tsirtsis or Maldonado for that matter transfer in middle of their high school careers. I am pretty sure that their is not any more maldonados left in high school.

Very sorry, I think you did not understand what I was trying to say- I was trying to use a name that everyone would immediately connect with a state champion caliber wrestler- I did not, by any means, imply that a Tsirstis or Maldonado transferred- I was trying  to say that I would rather watch a Baker (a traditional Decatur name) wrestle for 3rd/4th at Regional than watch a (Generic State Champion name) wrestle for a state title in a Bellmont singlet just because he moved to Bellmont to wrestle.

I apologize if anyone read it as me calling out either of those great wrestling families.

OK I did misread it. I think most coaches would welcome a transfer or pre-high school move as long as it was done correctly and for the right reasons.

The mid season transfer is another story and that has been beaten to death I don't think we have to comment on that anymore.

Except for Yorktown having more. As usual I expect this regional to do very well at semi state too.

Yorktown did have more than anyone else, but the Adams County teams, 3 out of 16 schools represented, are sending 24 out of 56 wrestlers advancing to Semi-State.  You can't take anything away from Yorktown here at all, but Adams County will definitely be representing at the Coliseum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.