any mind-blowing upsets today?

madman36

mind blowing was the 3rd period of that match!! what a impressive display of heart, he did the same thing in the NHC conference finals against Knueke! Never gave up and really set him self up for grabbing a ticket to state!

Agreed!  Love that kid.  Great little wrestler and a heck of a nice kid to boot.  I told RG to put him on the watch list around Christmas.  Not sure if he did but he'll be on the radar next year I'm betting.

Not sure if mind blowing but a couple upsets at Jay County:

119 #11 Roe (AC) defeated #9 Carroll(YK)   11-7

140 #19 Van Horn (YK) defeated #9 Faurote (Bell) and #7 Meska (JC)    

Roe and Carroll was a great match!!  I think it got me pumped up enough to win my match!  ;)

171 at Castle - Dalton Brandenstein (11), Ev. Mater Dei losing to unranked Aaron Haire (12), Boonville 13-2 decision first round Castle Regional.  Was that score a misprint for 3-2?   Was Brandenstein sick, injured or just not ready to wrestle?  MD sending remaining 13 to Semi-State.  Haire is 36-7 going into Semi-State but I don't know anything else about him. 

Whatever the answer, Castle is a meatgrinder!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.