Biggest fanbase

Mr. RIght

Which school has the most fans show up and support them? Which schools have the craziest fans? I know EMD always brings a ton of fans to Indy, but it seems like not as many in the past few years. The mishawaka v. Penn duel is pretty crazy and always has a packed house. These are a few teams that POP in my head

They wrestled 3 Wkends. In a row I only. Recall the ss. Finals mono won 4-2 I believe..always good match's...gross ended up getting. Runner up that year ..mono 7TH MOTL was on the shelf. Til sectionsals knee injury..not bad comin in 0-0 and makin a podium run

Which school has the most fans show up and support them? Which schools have the craziest fans? I know EMD always brings a ton of fans to Indy, but it seems like not as many in the past few years. The mishawaka v. Penn duel is pretty crazy and always has a packed house. These are a few teams that POP in my head

Alexandria had a great fanbase that shown up at the Pendleton Heights Regionals a rowdy bunch!!!! I really didn't know much about their team they have some very good wrestlers and coaches. Was vey impressed with them today.

Mater Dei and Bellmont always have a good fanbase. I enjoy seeing them sort of sit next to each other at Conseco. The IHSAA needs to realize that the attendance was down last year at Team State because it was the first year that both of those teams didn't make it at the same time in the history of the Team State tournament.

I would definitely say hands down this goes to Mater Dei.  It was alsways amazing to see them fill that corner up at MSA.  It seems like it has not been the same for them since those days, but they still always bring a good following.  Bellmont is another that comes to mind. 

Gotta give a shout out to Delphi.  While they are small in comparison to the CP's, MD's and Perry's they usually have a pretty good showing based on their enrollment.  We aren't just talking parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents...I am talking about neighbors, friends of family and students.  Many with no ties to the sport at all other than just supporting Delphi athletics.  That is awesome to see and I hope it continues.  While I have an wrestler on the team, I try to thank each and every fan that shows up who isn't a parent and it can be exhausting.  Most respond with "why wouldn't we be here."

Case in point...Delphi girls basketball team had a game scheduled for 2:30 yesterday at Delphi...many fans/students left Regionals to go support the girls.  B-ball game cancelled and the whole crew (plus several new fans) came back to Logan to support the wrestlers (in that crappy weather) only to catch the last round.  Now those are some dedicated crazy fans!

Gotta give a shout out to Delphi.  While they are small in comparison to the CP's, MD's and Perry's they usually have a pretty good showing based on their enrollment. 

Actually, the enrollment at MD is only 531 -- 24 students more than that of Delphi.  Perhaps it is easier to have a great fan base when the school has such a small, family feel to it. At any rate I am happy to hear that the community supports the program there. That's really the best way to ensure long term success.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.