Crown Point vs. MD

Bruschi

Crown Point has been so dominating this year that they haven't needed a certain match to put them over the top , Roach and Tsirtsis are like a cat playing with a mouse once they have caught it they like to play with it for awhile , if the Coach needs a pin from one of these guys he'll get it , I guarantee EMD have never seen any wrestlers  like these two this year .

I saw these 2 at Laporte wrestle if they don't pin you they'll embarrASS you . There's none better , if you wrestle one of these 2 , bring a pillow you will be on your back .

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give the edge to MD.  I don't see CP's studs getting bonus team points.  I think MD has some kids that will win by fall or majors... that will be the difference.  Am I wrong!?!

Personally, I do think your wrong. CP will not give up a pin. But, CP will get pins at 140 and 145. That will be the difference. In my opinion ;)

Alright didnt mean for there to be any misunderstanding, I know no one is planning on anybody getting hurt. I do understand where some of you are coming from. However the proof is still in the pudding, Fuqua (135) still beat two very talented wrestlers at his regional #6 and # 13. In my run down of how I think the match will play out I did not give Fuqua any bonus points, simply a decision. And regarding the question about Tsirtsis and Roach getting extra points. Went through Tsirtsis individual state brackets (mind you these are his underclassmen years Fresh/Soph) At a State caliber level he had 2 decisions (Quiroga/Jackson) over two unbeaten studs,  5 majors two of which were by 13 points, and 1 pin. Roach's stats at the State level have been mostly decisions, however I think if Coach Vlink needs bonus points Roach gets a major.  CP gets 10 points out of these two weight classes.

I say Saroff will get pinned or at least teched by Goebel , the 112s down here are tougher and deffinately under ranked to the boys up north . We're not getting the respect we deserve at this class , the extra couple of points from this match can swing this match up .

REALLY?? tougher @ #112 down there? I'm gonna bookmark this one, come back to it after state and explain everything that was wrong with this statement.  ;)

Really?  That surprises me.  I always thought Mater Dei's singlets were classic.  I think I can remember a few Mater Dei wrestlers over the years who did not wear the leggings, although I could be wrong.  Oh well, we will still be seeing good wrestling either way, which after all is the most important thing. 

No they will never lose the red tights and you have never seen a  Mater Dei wrestler without them. I think this will be a great match to watch I just hate that it's so early in the day but that's the way it goes.  One final note, I supose we're losing Team State and I think it's horrible, this is such a fun event to watch and it truly shows who the best TEAM is! I'm done now, good luck to all the wrestlers and teams still participating this year!

No they will never lose the red tights and you have never seen a  Mater Dei wrestler without them. I think this will be a great match to watch I just hate that it's so early in the day but that's the way it goes.  One final note, I supose we're losing Team State and I think it's horrible, this is such a fun event to watch and it truly shows who the best TEAM is! I'm done now, good luck to all the wrestlers and teams still participating this year!

I stand corrected.  For some reason I thought I had seen it, but I must have just been wrong.  Hope I didn't offend you.  Also, I agree losing team state is horrible. 

It is always fun to try and pick the winners.  However it never truley happens the way we think it is supposed to.  I remember regional qualifiers beating state qualifiers (Castles 215 Robinson vs PM).  If Castle's stud wins that one, they would have wrestled CP iin the finals that year.  You never know who is going to get sick, caught in a headlock, or injured.  So to say something is a sure thing (except for Tsirtes and Roach) is puting the cart before the horse.

103- Fuqua MajDec. Seng 4-0 CP

112- Saroff Dec. Goebel 7-0 CP

119- Pierre Dec. Burlison 7-3 CP

125- Henderson Dec. Harvey 7-6 CP

130- Mangold Dec. Halsted 9-7 MD

135- Fuqua Dec. Schroeder 10-9 CP

140- Tsirtsis Tech Lannert 15-9 CP

145- Roach MajDec. Riggs 19-9 CP

152- Flamme Dec. Weinzapfel 22-9 CP

160- Sims MajDec. Schurg 22-13 CP

171- Brandenstein Dec. Shrewsbury 22-16 CP

189- Boots MajDec. Langbehn 22-20 CP

215- Kral MajDec. Wright 26-20 CP

285- VanWinkle Fall Swope 26-26 TIE

Thanks Mogillis, we shall see, I don't think they will get pins at both weights, my guess is a major at one and maybe a TF at the other.  You can bet on MD to work the line and go out of bounds at least 10x in each match to avoid some takedowns....  they will need backpoints to get the TF.  IMO

Those two really tie the team together... Am I wrong!?!

I will delay making my picks until the Individual tournament is done.  A few years ago every poster on this board picked their 160 to beat MD's 160 because he was unranked prior to state.  His name was Sam "The Fall Guy" Wildeman.  He proceded to win state rather easily, pinning the number 1 ranked wrestler in route.  In my opinion, the main reason MD has a shot is that these two teams will have very few, if any, wrestlers compete prior to the Team State.  That means they will wrestle "straight up".  Alot of MD's individual losses are to opponents who they have wrestled and beaten several times, only to lose because the wrestlers in question learned how to block and stall their way to a win.

I will delay making my picks until the Individual tournament is done.  A few years ago every poster on this board picked their 160 to beat MD's 160 because he was unranked prior to state.  His name was Sam "The Fall Guy" Wildeman.  He proceded to win state rather easily, pinning the number 1 ranked wrestler in route.  In my opinion, the main reason MD has a shot is that these two teams will have very few, if any, wrestlers compete prior to the Team State.  That means they will wrestle "straight up".  Alot of MD's individual losses are to opponents who they have wrestled and beaten several times, only to lose because the wrestlers in question learned how to block and stall their way to a win.

That statement is rediculous , E.M.D. has not wrestled against wrestlers the likes  of Tsirtsis and Roach and many other top ranked wrestlers from C.P. , the talk on this sight is more or less how E.M.D. is going to try to stall and not get pinned . M.D. would be better off with seeing these wrestlers earlier to prepare . C.P. 's the one that benefits by not wrestling until State . Plus the talk of Boots being bumped up against Kral would be more points for the Dogs , we saw what another DAC kid did to Boots earlier , bring it on .

That statement is rediculous , E.M.D. has not wrestled against wrestlers the likes  of Tsirtsis and Roach and many other top ranked wrestlers from C.P. , the talk on this sight is more or less how E.M.D. is going to try to stall and not get pinned . M.D. would be better off with seeing these wrestlers earlier to prepare . C.P. 's the one that benefits by not wrestling until State . Plus the talk of Boots being bumped up against Kral would be more points for the Dogs , we saw what another DAC kid did to Boots earlier , bring it on .

Two ridiculous things about your post:

The talk of the site is that EMD is going to try and stall?  Not counting you, how many posts on this thread have talked about that?

EMD has seen some top shelf talent including the Ervins from Union Co., KY.  The older Ervin would handily win 152 in Indiana.  The younger one, I don't recall what weight, would likely be top 4 if not win it all.  The Ervins are every bit on the same level as the two CP guys, so EMD has seen some top shelf talent, not to mention the Welch's, Stein, and some of the other out of state talent.

EMD & Crown Point Fans don't need to say another word

the day is coming. The boys will wrestle and whom ever has the best day will win. REALLY NEITHER one the fan bases no the other kids

Agree to Dis Agree

Totally disagree.  This topic and threads like it build up fan interest.  Without fan interest, this sport will dry up and blow away.  Fan interest correlates directly to butts in the seats.  You're correct in saying the boys will wrestle and nothing we say on here will change what will happen.  A lack of fan interest( attendance ) has probably cost us the team state tournament.  Thinking like yours will cost us the individual as well.  Crawl back in your hole and leave the people who love this sport to our own devices.

"Crawl back in your hole?"  That's harsh, man.  I think Dawg is just saying that there's no point in continuing to rehash the lineups if neither fan base knows much of anything about the other team.  Everybody pretending to know anything about the other team has pretty much had their say already.

Team State attendance is down the last two years because MD and their huge fan base hasn't made it to state.  So if we lose Team State it's all MD's fault (and Bush's - because everything else is  ;)).  I wonder if its a done deal or if the IHSAA would reconsider if the attendance figures at Center Grove pop up this year with MD there.

I also wonder if Bobby Cox has ever bothered to drop in on Team State during the 15 years of its existence.  Center Grove HS is only a few miles down the road from Indy.  My gut tells me Cox is a basketball-only kind of guy.

One thing for sure is that Mater Dei will bring a huge crowd. My grandson wrestles in the feeder league for Mater Dei. They are letting them all out of school early that day after a pep assembly with the wrestlers. They start them young to keep the tradition alive. You will not be disappointed with the crowd from the south.

"Crawl back in your hole?"  That's harsh, man.  I think Dawg is just saying that there's no point in continuing to rehash the lineups if neither fan base knows much of anything about the other team.  Everybody pretending to know anything about the other team has pretty much had their say already.

Team State attendance is down the last two years because MD and their huge fan base hasn't made it to state.  So if we lose Team State it's all MD's fault (and Bush's - because everything else is  ;)).  I wonder if its a done deal or if the IHSAA would reconsider if the attendance figures at Center Grove pop up this year with MD there.

I also wonder if Bobby Cox has ever bothered to drop in on Team State during the 15 years of its existence.  Center Grove HS is only a few miles down the road from Indy.  My gut tells me Cox is a basketball-only kind of guy.

I saw an IHSAA official once at team state I think it was Cox the older lady next to him (I suppose it was his wife) asked why every one was so quiet. It was the finals match and it was MD vs Penn I think it was 97. I told her that since it wasn't seeded all the good matches were earlier in the day and every one knew MD was gonna burry Penn. She kind of gave me a disbeleiving look I just shrugged my shoulders and said look at the score at the end and you'll see what I mean.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.