Crown Point vs. MD

Bruschi

I thought the 1st tie-break criteria was if either team lost any team points...then most matches won...then most falls...

MatChick,

I do think you are correct on criteria:

1) misconduct loss of team point (coach or wrestler)

2) team who won the most matches in the dual

3) team who had the most falls

4) team with most majors

Someone correct me if wrong...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big matches will be between 112 and 130 , I can't believe Crown Point will give up all four matches . Crown Point was very dissapointing at these weights at the Merr. Semis . Saroff at 112 looked like the better wrestler than the Twin Lakes kid but didn't show any heart to finish it out the kid needs to step it up and finish what he started. Burlison was just out classed in his match , Harvey seems to have the bigger heart of the four wrestlers he just was out wrestled , Halsted had the toughest match up of the four but he 's not the same wrestler from his freshman year . This seems to be CPs week spot , but not to lose all 4 matches .

At 112 I'm really confused with Saroff , I've wrestled with him at Region Wrestling Academy , I've seen him wrestled many times especially agains't Petrov , the guy has all the tools but never seems to win the big match . Hopefully he'll step it up and prove what kind of wrestler he is by helping his team out down state .

The big matches will be between 112 and 130 , I can't believe Crown Point will give up all four matches . Crown Point was very dissapointing at these weights at the Merr. Semis . Saroff at 112 looked like the better wrestler than the Twin Lakes kid but didn't show any heart to finish it out the kid needs to step it up and finish what he started. Burlison was just out classed in his match , Harvey seems to have the bigger heart of the four wrestlers he just was out wrestled , Halsted had the toughest match up of the four but he 's not the same wrestler from his freshman year . This seems to be CPs week spot , but not to lose all 4 matches .

i think they would vs PM maybe 2 by fall what does everyone else think the the rundown of perry and CP/MD if perry can get past Roncalli and Penn again that is

Crown Point has been so dominating this year that they haven't needed a certain match to put them over the top , Roach and Tsirtsis are like a cat playing with a mouse once they have caught it they like to play with it for awhile , if the Coach needs a pin from one of these guys he'll get it , I guarantee EMD have never seen any wrestlers  like these two this year .

I think the Welch family (Castle) might disagree.......they've seen top notch competition all year long. 8)

As promised, my picks for this matchup:103 Fuqua vs Seng TF or pin by Fuqua.  If Vibbert makes weight, Fuqua by decision or maybe major.  112 Saroff vs Goebel, Goebel by decision.  119 Burlison vs Pierre, Pierre by decision. could be bonus points.  125 Harvey vs Henderson, Henderson by decision.  130 Halstead vs Mangold,  Mangold by decision.  135 Fuqua vs Schroeder, Fuqua by decision.  140 Tsirtsis by fall.  145 Roach by fall.  152 Flamme vs Weinzapfel, Flamme by decision.  160 Simms by fall.  171 Shrewsbury vs Brandenstein, Brandenstein by dec.  189 Boots by fall.  215 Kral by fall.  285 Vanwinkle by fall.  I have the final score being MD 33 CP 29.  Blast away.

I don't think CP will get 12 points from Tsirtsis and Roach.  Jake Lannert looked great at State taking fourth, and Sam Riggs is underrated.  Runnerup Weekley only beat him 5-4 at Team Regional.  I don't think CP can expect more than 8 from those two matches.

I don't think CP will get 12 points from Tsirtsis and Roach.  Jake Lannert looked great at State taking fourth, and Sam Riggs is underrated.  State champ Weekly only beat him 5-4 at Team Regional.  I don't think CP can expect more than 8 from those two matches.

As has veen proven time and again, you can't judge a wrestler by how he wrestles at individual state.  The golden rule there is advance without opening your self up to defeat.  Guys who win a lot of 1-2 point matches at individual state usuall do so because they choose to keep it close.  Alot of the matches that Tsirtsis and Roach won closely were by choice.  Until next year when there will be no team state, bonus points are meaningless.

As promised, my picks for this matchup:103 Fuqua vs Seng TF or pin by Fuqua.  If Vibbert makes weight, Fuqua by decision or maybe major.  112 Saroff vs Goebel, Goebel by decision.  119 Burlison vs Pierre, Pierre by decision. could be bonus points.  125 Harvey vs Henderson, Henderson by decision.  130 Halstead vs Mangold,  Mangold by decision.  135 Fuqua vs Schroeder, Fuqua by decision.  140 Tsirtsis by fall.  145 Roach by fall.  152 Flamme vs Weinzapfel, Flamme by decision.  160 Simms by fall.  171 Shrewsbury vs Brandenstein, Brandenstein by dec.  189 Boots by fall.  215 Kral by fall.  285 Vanwinkle by fall.  I have the final score being MD 33 CP 29.  Blast away.

I don't think there will be this many falls on either side.  Also, I noticed Vibbert wrestled 112 at Team Regionals.  Assuming he weighed in at 112, could he wrestle 103 at Team State? 

I agree with you on this point.  I have only seen Roach wrestle at at state.  Tsirtis as well. 

I think they will score a max of 8 in these two classes unless they can just dominate on top and turn people.  If they can, then I don't know why they wouldn't at the state meet. 

It may also depend on the situation and team score at the time of those matches.  That may dictate how much the MD wrestlers open up and/or how much the CP wrestlers go for a pin.

Good point.  Lannert opened up big time at state, scoring a lot of points and giving up a lot of points.  Probably would want to be more conservative against Tsirtsis!  Besides, everyone knows MD knows how to stall and play the edge of the mat...

I think if MD works on defending against the front headlock and the cheap tilt, that would really help keep those matches close.

Montgomery 11 - 0 over Lannert , Tsirtsis 15 - 5 over Montgomery , Tsirtsis vs Lannert , any rocket scientist out there to help figure this outcome ?

Wrong... Montgomery 11-10 over Lannert.. Lannert was winning a lot of the match. Almost a big upset

I don't think CP will get 12 points from Tsirtsis and Roach.  Jake Lannert looked great at State taking fourth, and Sam Riggs is underrated.  Runnerup Weekley only beat him 5-4 at Team Regional.  I don't think CP can expect more than 8 from those two matches.

I would bet that they get no less than 10pts but probably 12pts, and I have no dog in the fight!!!

What it comes down to for me is that I think MD will win at least 7 matches, but will get 3 pins (60 already done once, 89 most likely, HWT the 18-12 kid at some point will be on his back and underneath the state placer HWT which in this class almost always equals fall).  This is why I think MD will win by about 10 or more.  I don't think Lannert will get pinned, and I don't think Riggs will get pinned at 40-45.  I would not be shocked if the 215 got stuck for MD, but I saw him hold a stud from CA to a major in last years team regional.  MD 3 is outclassed, but I still don't see him getting pinned.

Don't think you can count on this necessarily.  I think Shurg will wrestle a much different match in these circumstances.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.