Crown Point vs. MD

Bruschi

I think both teams are solid, and one thing is for sure...this match is sure going to be exciting!  If this is indeed the last year for Team State, it will be bittersweet.  I've seem some pretty awesome matches at Team State through the years and heres to hoping this year doesn't disappoint!!! Good luck to all of the teams who will be competing for the Team State Championship.  I've run the lineups in my head about 20 different times and have come up with about 20 different outcomes, too close to call, I'll just have to wait and see!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're having all these discussions on Crown Points going to beat EMD and EMD going to beat Crown Point , while Perry is  just laughing at all these comments . I think Perry is the one that has really prospered from these match ups . Speaking of flying under the radar .

We're having all these discussions on Crown Points going to beat EMD and EMD going to beat Crown Point , while Perry is  just laughing at all these comments . I think Perry is the one that has really prospered from these match ups . Speaking of flying under the radar .

The only reason everyone is talking about this matchup is because it happens FIRST.  No one thinks the winner of this match walks to a state title.  Everyone knows to win the championship they will have to go through PM to get it.

Don't agree with this statement.  If MD and Perry  were wrestling first round all the talk would be about that matchup or if Perry and CP were wrestling first round all the talk would be about that matchup.  MD/CP is going to happen who ever wins will probably wrestle Perry for the title.  I don't think Perry is flying under the radar, just happens that MD/CP is happening first round.

This is clearly gonna build up into a rivalry, i can see it coming. I agree with Dawg in some points but i think that this site has helped the sport alot; without it, nobody will have a place to smack talk and that won't create as much interest. Without interest this sport will have been gone a long time ago. But MD fans need to be a little nicer!

This is clearly gonna build up into a rivalry, i can see it coming. I agree with Dawg in some points but i think that this site has helped the sport alot; without it, nobody will have a place to smack talk and that won't create as much interest. Without interest this sport will have been gone a long time ago. But MD fans need to be a little nicer!

What do you mean? I havn't seen any MD fans being mean?????

Ummm...I think you might be confused about who is an MD fan....where have you seen them being unkind?!? 

I wish I had the confidence that CP is going to beat MD that Rankings Guy has.  I have gone over

the lineups and I don't think CP matches up too well with MD.  At best I have MD winning 29 to 25.

I hope I am wrong.

Individual and team states haven't been the same the last 2 years without all those MD fans there.  I

have to give them credit, when they have a good team they sure do follow it.  My only gripe is that they

have so many people that I have noticed i n the past that they have influenced  a ref's call.

No matter who wins, it will be a great day for wrestling and welcome back to the dance MD.

I understand how good Roach and Tsirsits are, but can someone give me some stats on how many pins they each have for the year?  Pins vs. kids that are ranked that is....  I don't think they are pinners, very good technical wrestlers, and could beat maybe everyone in the country, but they beat them by points not throwing them in a headlock or working them over with a big power half or something....  just my opinion, but I don't think they pin kids who are ranked, but give me facts to prove me wrong. 

Walter,

I think Tsirtsis has pinned every guys he has wrestled in the post season this year.  Including Wartman who is ranked 3 or 4 in the state.  At scholastic duals last year he had 4 pins in 7 matches.  The only way Lannert does not get pinned is if he runs.

What happened to EMD's Mangold at 130 Saturday at Semistate. 

Lannert's Day at Semi State:

Round 1:  Pinned Luke Mundy of Southridge

Ticket Round:  Dec Will Dewee of Franklin Comm 6-3

Semi Finalas:  Loss to Phelen Montgomery of THS 11-6

Conslation Finals:  Loss to Spencer Boyd of Bloomington South 7-5 in OT

Have you ever seen a cat play with a mouse. That is what it looks like when T-shirts wrestles.  He does not want to beat you by points he looks like he wants to demoralize his opponent with points   until he decides  he wants to  pin you. Have not seen a wrestler like him in a long time.    The scary thing is he is just a Junior.

Mangold:

Round 1:  8 -2 over Austin Bell of Northview (I think that was the score)

Ticket Round:  Lost 6 - 3 to Tyler Hupp of Indian Creek (Hupp is a solid wrestler and ended up 4th in this loaded class)

When you take Neil Molloy of Danville, Micheal Brown of Castle, Jonathon Hoehn of Mt Vernon (Posey), and Tyler Hupp of Indian Creek, I think you can see why there are so solid kids watching from the stands next week from this Semi-State.

Looks like a good match. Could go either way. I'd say that whoever scores an upset will take it. Here is how I think it will go.

103 CP by fall  CP6/MD0

112 MD dec      CP6/MD3

119 MD dec        CP6/MD6

125 MD dec      CP6/MD9

130 MD dec      CP6/MD12

135 CP dec        CP9/MD12

140 CP by fall  CP15/MD12

145 CP by fall  CP21/MD12

152 CP dec      CP24/MD12

160 MD dec    CP24/MD15

171 MD dec    CP24/MD18

189 MD by fall CP24/MD24

215 CP by fall  CP30/MD24

285 MD by fall CP30/MD30

What is the first tie-break criteria?

Looks like a good match. Could go either way. I'd say that whoever scores an upset will take it. Here is how I think it will go.

103 CP by fall  CP6/MD0

112 MD dec       CP6/MD3

125 MD dec      CP6/MD9

130 MD dec      CP6/MD12

152 CP dec       CP24/MD12

160 MD dec     CP24/MD15

171 MD dec     CP24/MD18

189 MD by fall CP24/MD24

215 CP by fall   CP30/MD24

285 MD by fall CP30/MD30

The big matches will be between 112 and 130 , I can't believe Crown Point will give up all four matches . Crown Point was very dissapointing at these weights at the Merr. Semis . Saroff at 112 looked like the better wrestler than the Twin Lakes kid but didn't show any heart to finish it out the kid needs to step it up and finish what he started. Burlison was just out classed in his match , Harvey seems to have the bigger heart of the four wrestlers he just was out wrestled , Halsted had the toughest match up of the four but he 's not the same wrestler from his freshman year . This seems to be CPs week spot , but not to lose all 4 matches .

103 CP by fall  CP6/MD0

112 MD dec       CP6/MD3

125 MD dec      CP6/MD9

130 MD dec      CP6/MD12

152 CP dec       CP24/MD12

160 MD dec     CP24/MD15

171 MD dec     CP24/MD18

189 MD by fall CP24/MD24

215 CP by fall   CP30/MD24

285 MD by fall CP30/MD30

I believe the first tie break Criteria is the most Falls .

Tweener:        How can you say that Burlison was outclassed by Garcia.  This was the

2nd match in a row that Garci has beaten Burlison 5-3.  I woulodn't say

that was being outclassed.  That match could have gone either way, although

Garcia is certainly the more experienced wrestler.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.