Same- 2 wrestlers in Sectional, Regional, Semi-State, & State Final

Jimmymush

1999-2000 Freshman John Sheets from Bellmont and Senior Marc Kelwaski of Norwell wrestled at NHC triple dual, finals at conference, sectional, regional and semi-state. Sheets won 4-0, 4-2, 5-2, lost Regional 4-2 OT, won by fall at semi-state. Kelwaski started season ranked #1 and his only other loss came in first round of State to Mater Dei's Craig Macke, 4-0. Sheets ended 49-2 with a State Championship and his other loss was at Mishawaka Finals to Penn's Senior Chad Hershberger 5-4, finishing 6th at State.

Total Focus

Wow sneaker you just gave me chills. I remember that match and almost jumped out of the building when Deron hit his famous move the chilly philly for the pin and did the same in the finals. It seems like yesterday. Talent must run in the family as his 2 daughters were great basketball players at Washington. Thanks!

In the early to mid 90's, LN had a kid named Case Hooper that was a 2-time champ at 152. One year, he wrestled a New Pal kid in the finals, and the annoucer said that all of his losses were to the LN kid.  Regional, SS, and State, and I think possibly sectional too. I think the New Pal kid' s name was Jade ??? Help me out, Wildcat or Dragon fans!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.