Same- 2 wrestlers in Sectional, Regional, Semi-State, & State Final

Jimmymush

i believe deron phillips at 119, in i believe 87-88 wrestled the same opponent all the way thru to the state finals and won it( after a hell of a semi finals match with phillips coming back for the fall as he was being handled pretty good by billy terry of cathedral,) however his name escapes me. youd have to check out the ancient elders book of wrestling history.

I know we were close last year with Stein and Weiss.  They met in final all the way up through Semi State.  Weiss didn't make the finals at state though.  Crazy thing is, Weiss beat Stein at Sectionals and Regionals.  Stein beat him at Semi State.

I believe in 1999 Rosbottom and Minton met in the finals of Sectionals, Regionals, Semi State, and State.

Minton beat him in the regional finals and Rosbottom beat him every other time.  Minton's regional win was the one that put Rosbottom and Jankowski of Mater Dei wrestling in the round to go. 

I believe Tommy Churchard from Valpo and Eric Roach From Crown Point wrestled each other in the finals from sectionals thru states the year Tommy was state champion. I think those were eric's only loses that year. All four of them to Tommy

Correct. Remember that like it was yesterday :(

Will Nelson and Danny Hamm wrestled last year in conference finals, sectional finals, regional finals, and semi state finals. And in 2 championship matches during the regular season last year.

I am not sure if they wrestled in the same sectional back then but in 96-97 I believe Josh Hardy's (171 Princeton) 3 losses came from Jared Williams (171 Evansville Harrison) in Sectionals, Regionals, and Semi State and with Hardy finally beating him in the finals 10-6.

notice i said 6 times leading up to the finals. and yes that match could have gone either way.

I saw all of these matches, all were nail biters. The final was the easiest win of all of em for McGill. He went up 6-2 at one point. I thought the final score was 6-4. May have been 6-5 though.

1990 Jamie Murray Decatur Central and Bryan Bailey Martinsville wrestled in a dual, sectional finals, regional finals and state finals.  They would have wrestled in semi-state finals but Murray had a major surgury the week of semi-state and inj defaulted to Bailey in the finals.

1991 Toby Turner Monrovia and Bryan Bailey Martinsville wrestled in a dual, sectional finals, regional finals, semi-state finals and state finals. 

I remember a little something about this but this was back in the old days!

Bryan Bailey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.