Evansville Semi State

navy80

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was referring to Reese. But, Bass was 1st team all state and i believe the 1st or 2nd leading rusher in the state.

Wow, Bass does have him beat. IS he playing football in College?  It would be nice if they all finsished 1,2,3 at semi state

Yes true Reese is also a good player, but I still give Bass the edge. And yes Bass plans to play football in college, had several teams come to our high school just to talk to him. Pretty sure though, the colleges really came because they wanted to see me ;)

Anybody know anything about Kendle from Pike Central as of how he wrestles and what he likes to do? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Kendle wrestled tough today. He got in a little trouble in the finals against New Albany but was able to roll through. Looked like he lost a little edge in the 3rd period but still won. He's fun to watch because of his go hard style.

Hey toughguy n hende. Guess what mongomery won and ur boy Preston didn't even make it to the finals. So now who's drinkin draino?

Congrats  to Mongomery ... but unless you were there and saw the B-Burg kid fall awkwardly on Wilson's chest twice in the first period then you may not know Wilson finished injured and placed 3rd congrats to him for sticking it out ... Raley looked good at 135 today after a lack luster sectional winning by pin all 3 rounds ... congrats to DeWees of Franklin on beating undefeated Judy of Danville @140 in the finals ... overall a good day of wrestling and looking forward to a great semi-state

Kendle wrestled tough today. He got in a little trouble in the finals against New Albany but was able to roll through. Looked like he lost a little edge in the 3rd period but still won. He's fun to watch because of his go hard style.

Thats good to hear but do you know what moves he likes to do and how good is he at riding?

Congrats  to Mongomery ... but unless you were there and saw the B-Burg kid fall awkwardly on Wilson's chest twice in the first period then you may not know Wilson finished injured and placed 3rd congrats to him for sticking it out ... Raley looked good at 135 today after a lack luster sectional winning by pin all 3 rounds ... congrats to DeWees of Franklin on beating undefeated Judy of Danville @140 in the finals ... overall a good day of wrestling and looking forward to a great semi-state

Congrats to mongomery, Wilson, Judy.  and dewees he looked good and wrestled great. That was a good match. I'd love to see it again.!!!

After looking at the brackets here are my picks in order of finish.  I know I left lots of great wrestlers off this list but there are so many matches that could go either way.  This is one tough semi state to predict.

103  Boomsma, Kuhn, Seng, Kennedy

112  Schroeder, Shepard, Johns, Goebel

119  Welch, Wedding, Vanhook, Carmichal

125  Moody, Henderson, Griesmier, Castro

130  Malloy, Mangold, Hoehn, Brown (4)

135  Raley, Reiker, Konrath, Dowdy

140 Montgomery, Rueger, Boyd, Lannert

145  Richey, Whestine, Farmer, Chamberlain

152  Welch, Lough, Horrocks, Haak

160  Welch, Mappes, Simms, Rickenbaugh

171  Stein, Parish, Underwood, Warren

189  Stevenson, Goldman, Boots, Sandwith

215  Reese, Bass, Knight, Pratt

285  Suter, VanWinkle, Collet, Dewitt

There are plenty of swing matches but here are a few of the 1st and 2nd round matches i am looking forward too!

Shcoettle so. 36-6 vs. Goebel jr. 35-5  ticket rd

Taylor sr. 37-6 vs. Vanhook jr. 36-5    ticket rd

Kendle sr. 37-5 vs. Wedding so. 33-4    ticket rd

Welch so. 42-1 vs. Case sr. 19-4                  ticket rd

wislon sr. 29-2 vs Resch sr. 38-7  winner gets Moody jr. 39-2

Griesmeir sr. 35-4 vs. Bryer sr. 35-4 winner gets Montgomery so. 35-1

Reiker sr. 39-6 vs. Henderson sr. 35-3 ticket rd

Reiker sr. 38-7 vs. Lunsford sr. 37-5  ticket rd

Schroeder sr. 31-7 vs. Heald sr. 34-4 winner gets Reiker sr. 42-2

Raley sr. 26-1 vs. Kerr sr. 35-1  ticket rd

Reuger jr. 40-1 vs. Judy jr. 34-1  ticket rd

Weekly sr. 43-1 vs  Farmer sr. 18-3  ticket rd.  (Weekly beat him 6-2 twice this season)

Helterbrand sr. 36-0 vs. Chamberlain sr. 37-5  ticket rd

Horrocks jr. 34-6 vs. Browner sr. 34-12  (horrocks won 6-4) winners gets Bowman jr 33-7

Juliano sr. 28-7  vs. Weinzy sr. 20-6 winners gets Lough jr. 35-2

Holt sr. 34-3 vs Mappes jr 36-5  ticket rd. (holt won 6-4)

Parish sr. 26-4 vs. Haire sr. 36-7 winner gets Wathen jr. 42-2

Spicer sr. 41-4 vs. Underwood jr. 32-2  ticket rd. ( Underwood pinned him)

Goldman sr. 33-0 vs Hill sr. 33-3

The 171 lb. bracket for the E'ville Semi-State is wrong.

In the first bout at 171, the IHSAA pairings have 1A (Brock Wathen, Jennings County) vs. 3D (Garrett Shepard, Paoli).

In the last bout at 171, the IHSAA pairings have 3C (Shane Sneed, Floyd Central) vs. 1B (Joey Todd, Bloom. South)

The brackets posted here have Shepard and Sneed turned around.

The brackets on here are correct.  Garrett Shepard from Paoli was the third place finisher at Jeffersonville, defeating Shane Sneed from Floyd Central 9-5.  I have corrected the mistake with the tournament director and she assured me it will be taken care of with the state.

Bigg finals match. Damon Kuhn of Evansville Reitz (40-1) v. Jacob Boomsma of Bloomington South (40-0). Get your pizza. :D

I think there is going to be a few more final matches than that. (that will be exciting)  I just hope I make it there in time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.