the darkhorse!!!!

brickfor6

Daryl Peppers Merrillville- he just took Peco to the wire in the Semis of the Calumet sectional if he were to win the Calumet Regional that could put 2 wrestlers who could be top 4 at Merrillville in some tough spots or one of these guys could draw Lynde. 2 thru 5 are. Very close at Merrillville@71

i  agree ,

i consider peppers a grown man. he is so strong and took peco to the wire should be a good match at regionals again.

my pick is tony vasquez of hobart he lost to the mville 119 at sectionals and drew danny rodriguez at regionals he gave him a great match at conference only losing 3-1 he works hard and deffanently can step up and make an upset.

keep em coming fans im intrested in this topic.

i   agree ,

i consider peppers a grown man. he is so strong and took peco to the wire should be a good match at regionals again.

my pick is tony vasquez of hobart he lost to the mville 119 at sectionals and drew danny rodriguez at regionals he gave him a great match at conference only losing 3-1 he works hard and deffanently can step up and make an upset.

keep em coming fans im intrested in this topic.

didn't that a pretty decent match at the county also? It should be a good one.

Look for Reidling WC to start turning it on had an amazing Sec. pinning McClurg twice in under a minute. hit him in a spladle and the ref didnt even know what it was Kyle had to Teach them after the match lol. then when he saw they wasnt giving him the fall readjusted and pinned him the second time. Kyle looks to be on fire I dont see anyone at 145 PM regional stopping him!!Reeves is looking good @125 just a very tough weight class with McKinley and Keiffer @ that weight in the same region, I see him making it out though!Also PMs 171 and 189 first year varsity wrestlers I can see them both making it to state.

such a good match!

Its a bummer to see a kid like danny rodriguez fall out of the hunt, tho

he was a good sport at the end of tht match, he didnt take off out the doors, he didnt throw his headgear. he was real mature and shook vasquez hand and the hobart coaches hands. i give him credit he had a great 4 years.

i think this year is a little wierd, i think each weight class is either locked in or is a complete toss-up, no "in the middle" this year; i have:

103: Boston  (i feel its locked)

112: Phillips (locked)

119: toss up but i like ayers

125: toss up but Kiefer is my favorite

130: Harvey but toss up weight class, i also like Molloy

135: Jackson ( not easy but locked in my mind)

140: Tshirts all the way locked

145: Roach has it locked in my opinion

152 & 160: i dont see these studs loosing so my castle boys

171 toss up

189 Sliga locked in

rest i have no idea

i think this year is a little wierd, i think each weight class is either locked in or is a complete toss-up, no "in the middle" this year; i have:

103: Boston   (i feel its locked)

112: Phillips (locked)

119: toss up but i like ayers

125: toss up but Kiefer is my favorite

130: Harvey but toss up weight class, i also like Molloy

135: Jackson ( not easy but locked in my mind)

140: Tshirts all the way locked

145: Roach has it locked in my opinion

152 & 160: i dont see these studs loosing so my castle boys

171 toss up

189 Sliga locked in

rest i have no idea

I feel the same way.  This season is slightly different.  There are more heavy fav's then in the past.  But there are also weights that are just wide open.  I think 135 is going to be a major battle between many wrestlers who probably would have won that class in most other years.  135 is just a beast this time around.  At the same time, I don't recall 171 ever being so wide open as this year.

Sliga's far from a lock against Stevenson.  He's the favorite, but Stevenson's ranked 9th in the country and was recently pegged as TOM's #7 recruit in the country at 184 pounds.  He's the real deal.  He just doesn't have notoriety yet because of being out with injuries so much.  Here's his scouting report on TOM:

"Notes: Stevenson flies a bit under the radar due to missing a portion of his junior season (including the state tournament). But he?s shown a great deal of promise, running an undefeated record to state semi?s as a sophomore before settling for a 3rd place finish. Aaron has also won 4 combined Indiana State titles in FS and GR.

At this point, he?s more of a natural athlete than a polished wrestler, though he certainly knows what he?s doing. He?s an aggressive wrestler and physically dominant. The knock on him is he?s always injured, as he was, yet again at the USAW Central Regional in a performance that could serve as a microcosm of his career. He soundly defeated this year?s NHSCA Sophomore National Champ, James Suvak of St. Ed?s, 9-1, 6-2, before defaulting out with injury.

His raw talent and track record alone makes him worth a mention. He?s got huge upside. A diligent college coach could do some background work as to the extent and severity of his injuries, and possibly grab a diamond-in-the-rough."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.