140: Fording, McKee, Miller, Rosen

145: Goodnight, Wells, Robinson, Dickey

152: Dick, Turner, Heady, Lenehan

160: Stage, Harvey, Poe, Butler

171: Bratcher, Hunt, Newton, Wiechmann

189: Evans, Duke, Smith, Shoffner

215: Colby, Morgan, Ammons, Harper

285: Maine, Mason, Ulerick, Penning

not horrible picks but some things i did notice...Kern beat pence 6-0 i believe at conference dominating the match. At 119 i dont see Loe getting beat but the northfield kid is solid..Workman last weekend controlled flores the whole match and i believe flores' only point was when workman cut him, however i can see this upset happening but i dont see flores in the finals to begin with. Newsome is pretty tough. At 145 Hetzner was in the match with goodnight and most likely will be second or third should be a good match with wells. at 189 smith has beat duke twice, by pin at sectionals..at 215 i see starnes probibly winning with a close match with colby in the semis and at 285 i dont see anyone coming close to mason except with possibly the mac kid. Not trashing your picks just throwing things out there for discussion. should be a good regional with possibility of a lot of upsets.

like most of your picks but agree with rush about them and at 140 brainard was pretty sick before sec. i think he will upset fording , what was the score between ketring and hinkle , all 4 of your picks at 130 are great wrestlers , same with 135 downing has the edge but williams is right there with him , hes been hurt most the year and had the flu at the end of last week , striker and kirtland are pretty good to

not horrible picks but some things i did notice...Kern beat pence 6-0 i believe at conference dominating the match. At 119 i dont see Loe getting beat but the northfield kid is solid..Workman last weekend controlled flores the whole match and i believe flores' only point was when workman cut him, however i can see this upset happening but i dont see flores in the finals to begin with. Newsome is pretty tough. At 145 Hetzner was in the match with goodnight and most likely will be second or third should be a good match with wells. at 189 smith has beat duke twice, by pin at sectionals..at 215 i see starnes probibly winning with a close match with colby in the semis and at 285 i dont see anyone coming close to mason except with possibly the mac kid. Not trashing your picks just throwing things out there for discussion. should be a good regional with possibility of a lot of upsets.

112 and 119 are just guesses. 125 Flores and Newsome will be a good match. Newsome only beat Flores earlier by two points at the Weston Close so I am going with Flores to get this win. With Workman, Two of the points that Workamn got were on stalling calls. But there were a couple of things I saw in the match that could give Flores an edge on Workman. Also, Flores earned his escape. At 189, Duke has wrestled Smith 3 times this year. Losing 7-4, 3-2, then was only down 3-2 when he took a sloppy shot and got hit with a cradle. So Duke pulling off an upset here is not so far fetched. AT 285, Maine has wrestled Mason Twice, Once losing 3-2 and the other I think was 8-4 (second score I am not too sure about) and if Maine wrestles they way he did this past weekend, this too is not completely out of the question.

like most of your picks but agree with rush about them and at 140 brainard was pretty sick before sec. i think he will upset fording , what was the score between ketring and hinkle , all 4 of your picks at 130 are great wrestlers , same with 135 downing has the edge but williams is right there with him , hes been hurt most the year and had the flu at the end of last week , striker and kirtland are pretty good to

The score between Ketring and Hinkle was 10-5

What was the score between Jolas and Kern at sectionals jw? I mean im pretty much anti huntington north but Jolas is solid man.  i may get clowned for this one but I honestly think it would reasonable to say he could hang with anyone at semi state. 

jolas is a bad ass he handled kern easy wasnt that close but dont know the score

103: Lloyd, Wilson, Mock, Botswick

112: Jolas, Kern, Pence, Hall

119: Loe, Staggs, Miller, Smith

125: Workman, Flores, Newsome, Simpson

130: Hinkle, Eckert, Ketring, Rebholz

135: Downey, Striker, Williams, Kirtlan

140: Fording, Miller, McKee, Rosen

145: Goodnight, Hetzner, Wells, Robinson

152: Dick, Lenehan, Heady, Turner

160: Stage, Wygant, Harvey, Butler

171: Bratcher, Wiechman, Newton, Hunt

189: Evans, Smith, Shoffner, Duke

215; Harper, Colby, Morgan, Ammons

HWT: Mason, Ulerick, Penning, Maine

early in the match jolas was dominating. in the 3rd however, kern started it off with an unsportsmanlike that pretty much broke jolas. i look for a much better match in the regional finals between the two..

Don't know what match you were watching but Jolas schooled Kern.  After Kern realized he was getting schooled his sportsmanship went down hill fast.  Jolas took the high road and cruised to victory.  Kern had a few other unsportsman like move that the ref ignored.  I would expect the same result if a rematch occurs.

early in the match jolas was dominating. in the 3rd however, kern started it off with an unsportsmanlike that pretty much broke jolas. i look for a much better match in the regional finals between the two..

Wow, from what I saw Jolas was laughing when Kern's started with his unsportsmenlike conduct. In fact he was winking at his coaches and Peru fans and at one point. I even saw him waving to the fans who were booing him, egging it on after he reversed him at one point. Jolas dominated the match from start to finish and I too see the same resaults this weekend if they match up. 8)

easy to tell who the hunington north fans are

HN fan or not...unsportsmanlike is unsportsmanlike and of course a coach/father is going to react when another wrestler uses a dangerous move or unsportsmanlike conduct against one of their wrestlers.

Top 4 in order:

103: Lloyd, Wilson, Mock, Bostwick

112: Jolas, Kern, Pence, Hall

119: Staggs, Loe, Miller, Hiers

125: Workman, Newsome, Simpson, Flores

130: Eckert, Rebholz, Hinkle, Ketring

135: Downey, Williams, Turner, Kirlan

140: Fording, Mckee, Sorg, Wallace

145: Goodnight, Wells, Hetzner, Robinson

152: Dick, Lenehan, Morris, Miller

160: Stage, Harvey, Wygant, Butler

171: Bratcher, Wiechmann, Newton, Hunt

189: Evans, Smith, Shoffner, Ross

215: Starnes, Morgan, Colby, Harper

285: Mason, Ulerick, Maine, Penning

Well that makes sense on account of you are the HN assistant coach.   8)

LoL you're not the first person to think that, but He's not a coach at HN infact He's a huge Bellmont fan if you couldn't tell from many of his prior posts. But that's cool they can use all the help everyone can give as they make their own Home Grown Champs out in Huntington.  :-*

This is old but I haven't been on here in forever, but Flores gets beat 4-1 by Workman and you say he is handled and Hetzner gets beat 5-0 and you say he was in the match with Goodnight? Wheres the logic here?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.