Annual best wrestler to never win it all thread

BingoBangoBongo

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't Timmy go something close like 4, sq,5 and 2

Actually believe you are right on.  Lost to Bradley in Semis Freshman year, kid from EMD during the Madlonado sphmore jinx year, kid from Jeffersonville (Rossbottom?) Junior in Quarters, and Holden his senior year.  Bobby Joe lost to Lund and Maddux Freshman year, Donalson of Plainfield his sophmore year, Ramos in Finals Junior, and Hobbs in Semi's his Senior year in OT (bad memory of that one, locking hands call sent it to OT.)

Tim Maldoando

Freshman -  4th Place

Sophmore - SQ

Junior - 5th

Senior - Runner-Up

made it to the finals his frosh year?  Lost to Matt Deters in ot. did he ever make it back?

and Macke is right up there

[/quote

He made it back ever year after that. The Ref was later qouted as saying the Head Deters match was his worst regret as a ref. Gave it to Deters because he was a sr and Head was only fr and knew he would make it back.  It was a close match either way.

Jeff Pease from Muncie Southside in the late 80's was a monster.  He got hosed on an illegal slam call at semi-state his junior year and had to come back from a broken ankle his senior year.  ( I think those facts are correct)  Watched him dismatle guys an Junior Nationals.  I don't remember anyone coming close to him.

jeff was an animal,he dominated everybody he faced in freestyle too!!!!that muncie team was incredible!!!!!

Besides my Mom when I didn't take the trash out

Anybody remember Michael Galbreth(sp) Little guy early-mid 90's from Madison? I think he was runner-up twice and third or fourth the other two years. I could be off, I'm getting old. 

does anyone recall in 2001 when a terre haute south wrestler named Dale Griffin lost in the state championship match? im not sure whom he wrestled but he lost by 1 or 2. with a poor call being a factor at the end. it was either 189 or 215.  he was recently killed serving our country in the military.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.