Bloomington South Regional

navy80

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean about stalling for lifting your hips over and over in a tripod or whatever.  That is stalling.  But this was the first time it happened and the bottom kid looked like he was coming out.  It was a had to be there type of thing.

What I meant to say is the kid hit a standup wrestling move.  He wasn't just coming up to a stalemate.

I'm not sure that it matters if the legs were in before.  The first time it really isn't stalling but "continuing to create a stalemate situation" is stalling.  I don't think you can ever assume, as an official, the top man is only putting the legs in to ride.  Of course that is if the legs go in and then the bottom man immediately gets to his feet and puts his hands on the mat. 

Now, Horrocks should have started to drop down to an ankle at one point because he knew the president was already set that we would be called for stalling if the bottom man stands up.  In all a great and memorable match.  To me it rivals the Cory Grigsby (Northview)  vs Tony Withrow (Bloomington South) sectional championship match that ended with Grigsby having like three seconds of blood time left and came back to win the match.

I believe the rule is that it is stalling if you repeatedly create a stalemate situation. It all depends if the legs come in before or after the bottom man begins his standup.  In college it's nearly always the bottom man.

isn't it the bottoms man job to stand up and or get out?  what is he supposed to do?  lay there and let the legs go in?

140 pounds

Place: Name, School, Year, Record

1. Phelan Montgomery, Terre Haute South, 12th, 34‐0

2. Spencer Boyd, Bloomington South, 12th, 37‐3

3. Jedidiah Page, Terre Haute North, 12th, 19‐13

4. Tim Shuler, Columbus East, 11th, 30‐10

5. Will Coons, Seymour, 12th, 7‐11

6. Draden Box, Jennings County, 11th, 28‐16

Correction: Shuler 3rd Page 4th

I'm not sure that it matters if the legs were in before.  The first time it really isn't stalling but "continuing to create a stalemate situation" is stalling.  I don't think you can ever assume, as an official, the top man is only putting the legs in to ride.  Of course that is if the legs go in and then the bottom man immediately gets to his feet and puts his hands on the mat. 

Now, Horrocks should have started to drop down to an ankle at one point because he knew the president was already set that we would be called for stalling if the bottom man stands up.  In all a great and memorable match.  To me it rivals the Cory Grigsby (Northview)  vs Tony Withrow (Bloomington South) sectional championship match that ended with Grigsby having like three seconds of blood time left and came back to win the match.

i think it might be a potentially dangerous situation that is being created when the bottom man stands up, however, who is at fault here..top or bottom man? 

The adams horrocks match was amazing. It played out like something out of wwf with horrocks being the "good guy" and Adams being the "bad guy" at one point the power to the scoreboard went out! I hope farmer gets better and I have to say that adams is a nasty,nasty wrestler I love the way that boy wrestles.

I think it depended on where you were from on who was the good guy and who was the bad guy.

Total match time 6 minutes, total actual match time 25 minutes.

Being a nuetral observer there was the oh horrocks is hurt but is going on "feel goodness" along with the vocal south crowd and the adams slamming him a-holeness that made it seem like this, with this said I sure they are both good kids and I don't want it to seem like i am calling adams a bad kid, In fact I have all the respect for and I love the way he wrestles.

Being a nuetral observer there was the oh horrocks is hurt but is going on "feel goodness" along with the vocal south crowd and the adams slamming him a-holeness that made it seem like this, with this said I sure they are both good kids and I don't want it to seem like i am calling adams a bad kid, In fact I have all the respect for and I love the way he wrestles.

The "slam" has been brought up a few times.  Adams claimed that he didn't hear the whistle and apologized to the referee.  If you recall how loud the Bloomington South crowd was during the end of the match then it is understandable that he wouldn't have heard it.  People where acting like it was like the Cahmelan Porter slam on Benji Dolly, when in fact they landed on their sides.  The emotion of the crowd played into how hard the "slam" was perceived.

I think it depended on where you were from on who was the good guy and who was the bad guy.

Total match time 6 minutes, total actual match time 25 minutes.

Went to over time, more like 6 minutes 40 seconds.

The "slam" has been brought up a few times.  Adams claimed that he didn't hear the whistle and apologized to the referee.  If you recall how loud the Bloomington South crowd was during the end of the match then it is understandable that he wouldn't have heard it.  People where acting like it was like the Cahmelan Porter slam on Benji Dolly, when in fact they landed on their sides.  The emotion of the crowd played into how hard the "slam" was perceived.

I think my problem with it all was the fact that yes Horrocks was injured and wrestling but Adams on multiple occasions continued to wrestle well after the whistle along with jumping the gun without getting several cautions.

Makes up for the multiple invisible blood times, or when there was blood time and he came out of it with his ankle taped, or when the trainer just walked out on the mat without being summoned by anybody.

Problem is, the way the rule is written blood time supersedes injury time, if there is blood.  They may have been a little slow in the cleanup but I believe the trainer was within the rules to tape the ankle.  If I remember right, I saw the nose plug on the mat a couple times, which starts blood time.

Blood and injury don't include points (I believe Adams was already on bottom but would have had choice if it went to a second injury) cautions do.   :-[

In all an extremely epic match, one that I wont forget.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.