145-Jordan Maple

152-Conner Mullins

160-Zach Hutchinson

171-Nick Manning

189-Jacob Lumpkin

215-Jeff Mofield

285-Ricky Brown

I have Shen. sectional with 9 champs...

Decker will spank maple at 145 Rose will win at 140 easy Mullins no prob. Mofield if he keeps his head on right should win campbell and catron will also take care of it sat. 171 could make for some good wrestling other then that i agree with you.

140 will be a toss up  ;D

Connersville, Lincoln, and Union County all have cancelled school for Friday, does that mean 2 extra ponds?

It does not mean anything until an official from one of those schools contacts the Richmond Athletic Director and informs him that they were not in school and that their school policy is that if they are not in school they may not practice.  If that happens then Richmond will contact all of the schools in the Regional.

Just have to make a point here. I see several people bashing fletcher for his actions last saturday. Fletcher has never gotten mad at another wrestler or taken it out on anyone when he has been beatenHe only gets mad at himself. He has what some people on here may not know about which is heart and desire and drive. He pushes himself so hard and sets the goal so high that when if/when he doesnt accomplish it, he gets mad at himself. I guess several people on here dont understand what that means. Maybe you can fail at something or fall short of your goal and it doesnt bother you. Well, that just make you not near as competitive as him, simply put. He has ALWAYS shaken the other wreslters hand and as someone else said he did it twice to the kid that beat him just so that kid knew he meant no disrespect to him. He also shook the other teams coaches hands, something that new castle and other teams fail to do every single time they wrestle anywhere. You want to talk about a sign of disrepect, thats not shaking the other teams coaches hands. Come on, win or lose with pride and dignity. When those teams dont shake hands, they look like crybabies and fools. I also know the coaches tell their kids not to do that so I am smart enough to understand its a reflection of the coaching staff and I hold no bad feelings for the wrestlers since they are doing what they are told to do . its just sad to coach and teach that kind of disrespect because I bet alot of those kids are raised to respect and show class and would have no problem shaing hands. Fletcher does this every single time win or lose. He also is one of only a few who pray before each match. I gaurantee you he prays for the safety of him and the opponent for the match. this is a kid who I know for a fact would bend over backwards to help anyone out. He totally respects his elders and loves his family and I am proud to call him a friend. say what you want about him to make yourself feel better but this is the facts.

Shaking a kids hand after a match is required. What Fletcher did was not shaking his hand. He grabbed Lumpkin's hand and slung it forward and then ran off the mat punching everything, slamming headgear and such. Like I said, he did the exact same thing last year and when a person, I'm assuming was his mother, tried to calm him down he said some very, very choice words to her.

Being competitive is great. I commend everyone for having a strong desire to win. But when you lose, you still have to show dignity. That, no matter how you try and frame it, was not dignified at all.

I am one of the most competitive people I know. I hate losing at anything. But when my wife doesn't trade me Boardwalk in Monopoly and ends up beating me, I'd never throw the game over and then go punching everything in sight because I'm mad at myself.

I have no doubt that the kid is probably a great person. I think it's awesome that he prays before a match, like you said. But that still does not excuse the actions after a loss.

Well Mark,

There is absolutely no disrespect from the New Castle coaching staff in the situatuion of their wrestlers not shaking hands with other coaches.  This is a subject that has worn out its welcome time and time again.  If you must know the NC wrestlers not shaking hands is because of the disrespect of a certain coach on another team toward a NC wrestler after a match. So in general it was the grown up that showed their rear end.  I personally think the shaking hands thing is all around stupid anyhow.  Too many things can go wrong when a young adult has to be confronted by an adult whosewrestler just got beat.   Emotions run extremely high in this awesome sport and there is plenty of shaking hands between the wrestlers why should you anyone else shake the hands of the 2 Gladiators the coaches didin't do anything out there on the mat.  So in general don't compare sportsmanship of shaking hands of NC wrestlers to that of pounding the mat throwing your head gear down   screaming and running off the mat  Leave with dignity in a wn or loss.  Fletcher is a tough wrestler and yes emotions do run deep in this sport remember though everyone loves the under dog and in that situation the under dog won no big deal in this sport next week is always different.  Good luck to all the wrestlers this weekend and until the end of the State Tourney

Most of the season is made up of duals, and New Castle and for that matter any school who doesn't shake the coaches hand after each and every match, well they shake the hands as the teams pass each other AT THE END OF THE DUAL.  No disrespect, shaking hands 3 times  for each dual is silly, I like seeing it, but understand how silly it really is watching each kid do it after each match. 

Either way lets wrestle hard tomorrow and good luck to all.

He also shook the other teams coaches hands, something that new castle and other teams fail to do every single time they wrestle anywhere. You want to talk about a sign of disrepect, thats not shaking the other teams coaches hands. Come on, win or lose with pride and dignity. When those teams dont shake hands, they look like crybabies and fools. I also know the coaches tell their kids not to do that so I am smart enough to understand its a reflection of the coaching staff and I hold no bad feelings for the wrestlers since they are doing what they are told to do . its just sad to coach and teach that kind of disrespect because I bet alot of those kids are raised to respect and show class and would have no problem shaing hands. Fletcher does this every single time win or lose. He also is one of only a few who pray before each match. I gaurantee you he prays for the safety of him and the opponent for the match. this is a kid who I know for a fact would bend over backwards to help anyone out. He totally respects his elders and loves his family and I am proud to call him a friend. say what you want about him to make yourself feel better but this is the facts.

Your argument is dull and redundent.  We do not fail to shake hands after each individual match......we choose not to shake hands, and we have our reasons for that which are reallynone of your business.   Your insults do not bother me, and it would seem that a person who has such a respect for a kid who prays before each match would have enough knowledge of scripture to know what it says about calling anyone a fool.  The only reason I see why you would bring up such a tired argument is that you want to deflect the some of the focus from the "Fletcher" issue.  I never was involved in that discussion because I feel that Fletchers actions (be they good, bad, or otherwise) are not my domain.  They are the business of the Wrestler, Coach Day, the School, & parents).  I do not believe Coach Day is the type of man who bases whether I respect him, or not, on whether our Wrestlers come over and slap his hand after an individual match or not.

One of your statements interested me.......You say, "I also know the coaches tell their kids not to do that so I am smart enough to understand its a reflection of the coaching staff."   To be honest I am not sure you are smart enough to really know anything about coaching a wrestling team."  I do think  you seem smart enough to try to elevate yourself by pulling others down.

I honestly think that the best course  of action is for you to worry about Centerville, and it's wrestlers, and let New Castle people worry about their own.  

The better wrestler that day was LUMPKIN!!!! Period!!!! After the lateral drop Fletcher was outwrestled the last 2 periods. He got outscored 11 to 3. 11 to 3!! Even if you give Lumpkin the escape and Fletcher another takedown before the back points, the final score would be 12-10. The reason everybody cheered so loud for Lumpkin is the seemingly attitude of his opponent before the match. Whether Fletcher is a good, respectful individual or not, was not fully shown in his actions after the match. I think the Fletcher young man is highly competitive and he wears his emotions on his sleeve. I do give him credit as to making sure he came back over and shook Lumpkin's hand a second time before leaving the gym. I do not think that the Fletcher boy is a bad kid but could do a little better controlling his emotions until he is off the mat and out of the gym. As far as NC not shaking hands, I agree with the dual format but at tournaments such as conference and the state tournament they should go across and shake the opposing coaches hand even though I experienced smart aleck remarks from young opposing coaches. At one time the IHSAA put a stop to wrestlers going directly after a match and shaking hands and waiting until the conclusion of the dual before doing so. I think before this that Coach Peck had his wrestlers shaking hands after individual matches but once the IHSAA stepped in, even though the IHSAA redacted this, stayed with this practice. As stated before emotions do run high and waiting until the end to shake hands actually may benefit the wrestler more than a coach by allowing a cooling period after a tough loss.    

whatever you gotta say to make yourself feel better Peck...I know what I know and you dont know me. I aint the only one making the comments. Im just the one that will say what I think because I aint afraid to spill it.

It has nothing to do with making myself feel better.  I feel great and your trivial coments would not affect the way I feel.  You "know what you know".....you obviously don't know anything and it does not matter who wants to make comment because they are probably as ignorant on the subjsect of coaching a team as you are.  By the way it really intimidates me when you use the word "ain't" twice in one post.