1d Brown EC

2d Garland Rush

3d Wysong  Hager

4d Phillips Conn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lumpkin is a good wrestler but he got lucky in that match. The scoring was all jacked up. I congratulate him for winning sectionals as a soph.

well if  u ask me i didnt see anything wrong with the scoring cause i watched the whole match matside and lumpkin just went out there and turned it on 3rd period while fletcher was dead tired and lumpy did work and came out on top i dont think he got lucky at all he just wrestled his match. but to show love for fletcher if these guys wrestled 10 times it would be 5-5 each i think

Does anyone know how Chandler Hale - Shenandoah 130 and George Wilson - Rushville 189 are?

Hale is a freshman with a 28-7 record but tough losses in tough matches but hes a stud and will do great thing if he keeps working hard which i know he will

well if  u ask me i didnt see anything wrong with the scoring cause i watched the whole match matside and lumpkin just went out there and turned it on 3rd period while fletcher was dead tired and lumpy did work and came out on top i dont think he got lucky at all he just wrestled his match. but to show love for fletcher if these guys wrestled 10 times it would be 5-5 each i think

In the first period when fletcher threw lumpkin, lumpkin had clearly escaped from fletchers first takedown i thought. This would of gave Fletcher 2 for the take down and 3 for the back points. Also the two near fall points lumpkin got in the first period was very questionable, he didn't have control really and fletcher was on his back for maybe a second. If these calls go the other way the match plays out different. Lumpkin did look like he was better conditioned in the 3rd which would win him the match. Im looking forward to the rematch. I think fletcher wins.

103 Rich

1d Maggard Rush

2d Condo Franklin County

3d Broyles NC

4d Westerfeld Bates

1d Phillips

2d Gettinger Conn

3d Shook Hagers

4d Gutapfel EC

1d Campbell NC

2d McDaniel Hager

3d Fuller UC

4d Struewing EC

1d Catron NC

2d Bottomley Conn

3d Port Rich

4d Gartenman Bates

1d House Conn

2d Handley NE

3d Gray Rich

4d Hale ShD

1d Woodall Conn

2d Baker CC

3d Decker NC

4d Utterback SoD

1d Rose NC

2d  Webster ShD

3d McCoy FrC

4d Haworth CaC

1d Decker NC

2d Maple Conn

3d Slivka ShD

4d Feller FrC

1d Mullins NC

2d Gesell UC

3d Lockwood EC

4d Wilson Hager

1d Hutchinson EC

2d Miers Rush

3d Fox Hager

4d Evans Blue River

1d Manning SoD

2d Brown EC

3d Fischer GrB

4d Tout Rich

1d Lumpkin ShD

2d Fletcher CV

3d McMullen EC

4d Gunter Bates

1d Mofield NC

2d Bischoff EC

3d Babcock Cv

4d Williams Tri High

1d Brown EC

2d Garland Rush

3d Wysong  Hager

4d Phillips Conn

Some of these are completely LMAO worse than uneducated guesses.

which ones??? i don't make my way over there too much so enlighten me went by the results i have. other than the top guys this regional usually doesn't play into state i mean u usually want to draw into this regional u only got 10 to state last year granted i guess 14 would be ideal so not that far off

I like zachpeirson's picks the most so far; even the 3rd's and 4th's look right. 140 will throw the thing off though watch out for McCoy he had a couple close ones with Levi before and I think his conditioning will beat these kids in the third period. That's the only discrepancy i saw and a little too much generosity to the Shen. wrestlers.  ;D  ;D (and Fletcher will take 189  ;) )

I dont see Lumpkin making it out of Semi state

Hey DemOGuy, how would you know? Have you ever seen Lumpkin wrestle? You ever wonder how you got -126 cool points? I didn't see anybody say Lumpkin was going to state. They said he is a stud. For a 15-16 year old kid, he is very well built, good size kid with tremendous athletic ability and even more flexablilty. He maybe a year shy of a trip to state but it is within his reach if he works hard, puts in the time on the mat and in the weightroom.  Your son is a very good wrestler and I hope he is doing fine but when you made comments that his old coaches didn't know how or wouldn't help get your kid pumped up for a big match is crazy. That is the wrestlers job and any wrestler that has wrestled for several years shouldn't need his coaches for something so individually specific. The Perry coaching staff is top notch. In my book they are top 5 no worse than top 10 in the state. After you made this ignorant comment, you did back pedal a little and have shown better judgement in your praise for the Falcon wrestling team. Everyone knows how tough our semi-state is and the Shenandoah wrestler will have a very rough time getting thru, like many other wrestlers. Look at all the great wrestlers that will not make it thru our semi-state at 103, 119. There will be no shame for not getting thru to state if all the individuals wrestle to their best ability and try their hardest but come up short. 

Fletcher lost in a very close match. Had a latteral that could've been scored as a takdown and 3 back but the ref only gave 3 back. I spoke to the offical after the match re; the call and he said it was close. Fletcher was on top when the wrestlers had complete separation when the throw happened. but it all happen so fast the offical didn't have time to score it he jumped to the mat to look for the fall and never gave the escape or takedown. 2nd period he gave 2 nearfall to Shenandoah on a roll throu that led to a reversal. 3rd period Fletcher had what looked like a takedown near the line with a cradle locked up from the side and didn't get the call. All of these situations could've been called  either  way very close match. So it is not unreasonable to think he could win a rematch?

Here's the match exactly how it went. Fletcher scored a takedown and earned back points in the first period to go up 5-0. Lumpkin scored a reversal and got two back points to make it 4-5. At the end of the first period Fletcher earned an escape to go up 6-4.

Fletcher started the second period down and quickly got a reversal to go up 8-4, but Lumpkin countered with his second reversal of the match to make it 6-8.

In the third period Lumpkin started down. He earned the escape with 1:48 remaining in the match to cut Fletcher's lead to 8-7. Then Lumpkin earned a takedown to go up 9-8 and put Fletcher on his back as time expired to win 11-8.

Then, for the second year in a row, Fletcher violently shook the sectional champions hand then punched and slammed everything on his way out the door. It was a great match, and could go either way if they wrestled again. I just hope sometime Fletcher learns to lose a bit more gracefully, and that's not saying that he will lose by any means.

Hey DemOGuy, how would you know? Have you ever seen Lumpkin wrestle? You ever wonder how you got -126 cool points? I didn't see anybody say Lumpkin was going to state. They said he is a stud. For a 15-16 year old kid, he is very well built, good size kid with tremendous athletic ability and even more flexablilty. He maybe a year shy of a trip to state but it is within his reach if he works hard, puts in the time on the mat and in the weightroom.   Your son is a very good wrestler and I hope he is doing fine but when you made comments that his old coaches didn't know how or wouldn't help get your kid pumped up for a big match is crazy. That is the wrestlers job and any wrestler that has wrestled for several years shouldn't need his coaches for something so individually specific. The Perry coaching staff is top notch. In my book they are top 5 no worse than top 10 in the state. After you made this ignorant comment, you did back pedal a little and have shown better judgement in your praise for the Falcon wrestling team. Everyone knows how tough our semi-state is and the Shenandoah wrestler will have a very rough time getting thru, like many other wrestlers. Look at all the great wrestlers that will not make it thru our semi-state at 103, 119. There will be no shame for not getting thru to state if all the individuals wrestle to their best ability and try their hardest but come up short. 

I didnt mean any disrespect to the kid. And I have alot of respect for the Falcons coaches and wrestlers!!

I like zachpeirson's picks the most so far; even the 3rd's and 4th's look right. 140 will throw the thing off though watch out for McCoy he had a couple close ones with Levi before and I think his conditioning will beat these kids in the third period. That's the only discrepancy i saw and a little too much generosity to the Shen. wrestlers.  ;D  ;D (and Fletcher will take 189  ;) )

119 is wrong.    McDaniel does not beat McFarland and if so  he has had trouble getting past Fuller at Connersville and TEC.  other than than i would agree.

guess we will have to wait and see come saturday  ;) and i think he showed just enough generosity to the Shenandoah wrestlers.lol

103-Cole Maggard

112-Cody Phillips

119-Brendan Campbell

125-Alex Catron

130-Cody Handley

135-Charles Baker

140-?

145-Jordan Maple

152-Conner Mullins

160-Zach Hutchinson

171-Nick Manning

189-Jacob Lumpkin

215-Jeff Mofield

285-Ricky Brown

I have Shen. sectional with 9 champs...

Decker will spank maple at 145 Rose will win at 140 easy Mullins no prob. Mofield if he keeps his head on right should win campbell and catron will also take care of it sat. 171 could make for some good wrestling other then that i agree with you.

103 Rich

1d Maggard Rush

2d Condo Franklin County

3d Broyles NC

4d Westerfeld Bates

1d Phillips

2d Gettinger Conn

3d Shook Hagers

4d Gutapfel EC

1d Campbell NC

2d McDaniel Hager

3d Fuller UC

4d Struewing EC

1d Catron NC

2d Bottomley Conn

3d Port Rich

4d Gartenman Bates

1d House Conn

2d Handley NE

3d Gray Rich

4d Hale ShD

1d Woodall Conn

2d Baker CC

3d Decker NC

4d Utterback SoD

1d Rose NC

2d  Webster ShD

3d McCoy FrC

4d Haworth CaC

1d Decker NC

2d Maple Conn

3d Slivka ShD

4d Feller FrC

1d Mullins NC

2d Gesell UC

3d Lockwood EC

4d Wilson Hager

1d Hutchinson EC

2d Miers Rush

3d Fox Hager

4d Evans Blue River

1d Manning SoD

2d Brown EC

3d Fischer GrB

4d Tout Rich

1d Lumpkin ShD

2d Fletcher CV

3d McMullen EC

4d Gunter Bates

1d Mofield NC

2d Bischoff EC

3d Babcock Cv

4d Williams Tri High

1d Brown EC

2d Garland Rush

3d Wysong  Hager

4d Phillips Conn

i like your picks except two weight class.  i think Decker at 35 will make it to at least 3rd place  and at 171 reitenburry will place top 4.  i guess thats how you spell his name.  lol