Castle Regional

Jon H

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think Keith from central will give singleton from GS and get fourth spot

My money says Singleton will win first match by at least 5 points.  I think he can also take the Mater Dei guy in the second round from what I have seen of late.

i think Keith from central will give singleton from GS and get fourth spot

Hey Nostradamus, didn't you predict Singleton would finish 4th earlier in this thread?  The great thing is this will get decided on the mat Saturday and not in a forum.

The johns and mastison match, I am sorry but it was called right down the middle.  I have no connections to either wrestler, however I was happy to see someone finally give back to reitz what they have been doing for a while now.  Do I think that mastison  stalled yes,  and in the same way that johns did in the second period.  Yes, reitz does  a good job of acting like they are working for some kind of position while riding but if you look closely all they do is lay on the hips so that the other wrestler cannot base up and play patty cake with the hands, so it looks like they are doing something.  I also personally love watching reitz' coaching staff get all red faced and scream, " thats stalling"  while the same is done to them the very next period.  last year we had a wrestler in the very same situation and I told him to do the same thing the next period and had lots of fun watching the reitz' coaches get so furious over the same thing being done to them as they pulled the last period, all the way up until the ref. finally gave in to the coaches and warned our kid for doing the exact same thing as what was done to him.  So I guess I am trying to say is all you people need to quit complaining because reitz has a good acting coach and harrison doesn't.   It all comes down to this mastison new that johns would ride his hips through the period, and he did, so he gave him a taste of his own medicine and now you all think that medicine taste bitter.  The only thing i can say is tell your kids to quit riding on peoples hip ( which all you refs. out there, so you know it doesn't matter what the kid is doing with his hands he has a 5 count to get off the hips and "T" up) to ride them out and maybe people will quit doing it to you.

P.S.  If your going to wine do it somewhere were people don't know what really happened.

It's a shame that the draws put the top 2 112's on the same side in Johns and Goebel. Look for both of them to be wrestling at Conseco this year.

I have noticed each weekend you have stated Johns is better than Mastison and will lose. Yet he doesn't? You have some deep dislike for the kid? He keeps beating him. But its always the refs fault or some other un-natural force of nature? Not sure will have to pay deep attention this weekend at regionals if they meet up.

Just Sayin,

I'm not sure who NiceShot is but he/she does have a fascination with the Mastison / Johns match-up.  You seem to have some deep rooted issues with the Reitz coaching staff.  From looking at your past posts you are likely from Mt. Vernon.  On a positive note, Konrath showed great sportsmanship after the championship match at Sectionals.  You could tell he was disappointed but had that "I will see you again next week" look on his face.

While everyone seems to be talking about Mastison, I have to ask...where did that record of his come from?  In looking through the other Harrison kid's records, they didn't seem to wrestle nearly as many matches as him.  Did he go to some special tournaments or something?  Just thought I'd ask since I've been curious and there seem to be some Mastison fans in the room.

which all you refs. out there, so you know it doesn't matter what the kid is doing with his hands he has a 5 count to get off the hips and "T" up)

Can you show me where in the rule book it states that you have a 5 count to get off the hips?

If you've noticed in recent years Reitz guys have been pinning a lot of guys with what has become known as the "Reitz stack" where the head is stuffed under straight to their back. This move is done from being on the guy's hips. In my opinon, stalling on top isn't about riding the hips. It's about the lack of attempts of pinning combinations.

Hey Nostradamus, didn't you predict Singleton would finish 4th earlier in this thread?  The great thing is this will get decided on the mat Saturday and not in a forum.

i was rushed making my predictions that is why i had singleton in front of him. but your right saturday we will know

While everyone seems to be talking about Mastison, I have to ask...where did that record of his come from?  In looking through the other Harrison kid's records, they didn't seem to wrestle nearly as many matches as him.  Did he go to some special tournaments or something?  Just thought I'd ask since I've been curious and there seem to be some Mastison fans in the room.

He likely gets a lot of extra matches by advancing far in the tournaments they have participated in. While I confess that I do not know much about the current state of Harrison wrestling, I would bet that there aren't too many others on his team that make it to the finals on a regular basis.

I know Harrison is in the Turkey Classic and also obviously the Harrison 10 way, so right there with 2 meets is approx 18 matches. And I would guess that most of the time Harrison didn't wrestle with a full line-up due to injuries, sickness, family issues, you name it, etc so that could be why most kids on there team don't have as many matches as Mastison...

Are the coaches trying to pad his record to get him a better seed for the tournaments?

harrison schedule

turkey classic 8 matches

castle invite 5 matches

harrison 10 way  9 matches

madison invite 8 matches

sullivan invite 5 matches

memorial invite 2-5 matches (mastison won it with 3 matches)

duals with ev. central, ev. bosse, ev. md(cancelled),  north posey.

thats possible 44 matches on the season

mastison entered siac with 41 matches

just sayin

so you are sayin all the reffs at every reitz match dont know what they are doin you just made yourself sound stupid. if you dont like what they do that bad maybe you should coach your kids a little from the neutral position so they dont get takin down

i was rushed making my predictions that is why i had singleton in front of him. but your right saturday we will know

Were you at BWW with Jon H when you made those...........LOL (see his original post).  Will be some good matches for sure.  Looks like we should luck out with all the nasty weather missing us and all the school closings up north. 

Can you show me where in the rule book it states that you have a 5 count to get off the hips?

If you've noticed in recent years Reitz guys have been pinning a lot of guys with what has become known as the "Reitz stack" where the head is stuffed under straight to their back. This move is done from being on the guy's hips. In my opinon, stalling on top isn't about riding the hips. It's about the lack of attempts of pinning combinations.

Well it is a rule that your not suppose to ride the hips.  Riding the hips is considered stalling, so therefore it wouldn't be 5 seconds but it's still a rule.

Well it is a rule that your not suppose to ride the hips.  Riding the hips is considered stalling, so therefore it wouldn't be 5 seconds but it's still a rule.

It's not a rule, per se--but staying on the hips is strongly spoken against in the rulebook and should be recognized  as stalling when no attempt at a fall is being made.

In my opinion on all of this hip stuff, it is NOT a 5 second rule on the hip, and that would be a way to fast call for stalling, but maybe a 10-15 second rule becuase it is a way to stall and after 10-15 seconds if you not working on a pin then you gotta try something else and let the bottom guy work as well.

Also as far as weight classes go I'm really looking forward to watching 119, (stacked with Vanhook beating Wedding really throws a curveball), 130, Hoehn looking like the solid winner but 2nd, 3rd, 4th are all jump balls in my eyes. Mangold vs. Brown match will be great, then the loser of that vs. Kelley for 3rd will be another heart pounder; then 171, Just being a great weight class.

After looking at seedings im thinking it will be:

103: Kuhn (clearly), Seng

112: Goebal (however you spell it), mastison, johns, (PR kid)

119: Im not gonna even try and guess this, will just have to watch and find out

125: Griemier, Henderson, Moody

130: Hoehn, rest is all toss ups

135: Konrath, Dowdy, Shreoder (again spelling?)

140: Rueger, Lannert, Mann, Keith

145: Whetstine (spelling?), Cahmberlain, Rigss

152&160 are already spelled out for us, easily  Whelch fallowed by the 2 MDs

171: Toss up but i think MD comes on top

189: easily boots unless Memorial guy comes to wrestle this time

215: easily MD followed by prolly Schnarr

285: again- sad to say- easily MD followed by O'Connel, then Hoehl, then possibly the NP guy

Also, I have picked on this Freshman before about dropping the ball and after watching him first roound of sectionals loose to Schnar and fall apart; I thought i couldnt have been more right. Then it seemed as if something set off a spark or something because he came back to wrestle Bevers from Memorial (who beat him in OT at SIAC) and ripped him apart, Bevers tried to rough him up a bit it seemed and Kelley just took it to him with a Major, then for 3rd he wrestled Schnar again and took it to him, put him on his back twice and was majoring him when he stuck him. Not saying he will beat Hoehn by any means but if he comes to wrestle at regionals he may be a threat.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.