Castle Regional

Jon H

My picks without seeing the brackets and spending the last couple of hours at BWW  ;D  Not sure all the scenarios are possible with the bracketing but this is my first draft.

103:  kuhn ®, Stock (NP), Seng (MD) Alldredge (N)

112:  Goebel (MD), Johns ®, Mastison (H), Karges (PR)

119:  Vanhook ®, Welch (CA), Wedding (ME), Pierre (MD)

125:  Moody ®, Henderson (MD), Greismer (PR), Lawalin (TC)

130:  Hoehn (MV), Mangold (MD), Brown (CA), Kelley (CE)

135:  Konrath (MV), Dowdy ®, Schroeder (MD), Wetzell (SS)

140:  Reuger ®, Lannert (MD), Hodge (ME), Singleton (GS)

145:  Whetstine (ME), Chamberlin (CE), Riggs (MD), Appel ®

152:  Welch (CA), Weinzapfel (MD), Marshall (MV), Prasek (ME)

160:  Welch (CA), Simms (MD), Rickenbaugh (HH), Garnett (CE)

171:  Stein (PR), Brandenstein (MD), King ®, Oser (HH)

189:  Boots (MD), Sandwith (ME), Halbig (PR), Bender (HH)

215:  Wright (MD), Boehme (HH), Schnarr ®, Barcly (SS)

285:  Vanwinkle (MD), O'connel (MV), Little (NP), Hohle (CE)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My picks without seeing the brackets and spending the last couple of hours at BWW  ;D  Not sure all the scenarios are possible with the bracketing but this is my first draft.

103:  kuhn ®, Stock (NP), Seng (MD) Alldredge (N)

112:  Goebel (MD), Johns ®, Mastison (H), Karges (PR)

119:  Vanhook ®, Welch (CA), Wedding (ME), Pierre (MD)

125:  Moody ®, Henderson (MD), Greismer (PR), Lawalin (TC)

130:  Hoehn (MV), Mangold (MD), Brown (CA), Kelley (CE)

135:  Konrath (MV), Dowdy ®, Schroeder (MD), Wetzell (SS)

140:  Reuger ®, Lannert (MD), Hodge (ME), Singleton (GS)

145:  Whetstine (ME), Chamberlin (CE), Riggs (MD), Appel ®

152:  Welch (CA), Weinzapfel (MD), Marshall (MV), Prasek (ME)

160:  Welch (CA), Simms (MD), Rickenbaugh (HH), Garnett (CE)

171:  Stein (PR), Brandenstein (MD), King ®, Oser (HH)

189:  Boots (MD), Sandwith (ME), Halbig (PR), Bender (HH)

215:  Wright (MD), Boehme (HH), Schnarr ®, Barcly (SS)

285:  Vanwinkle (MD), O'connel (MV), Little (NP), Hohle (CE)

sober up and retype in the morning

You're probably right?  I just realized I advanced all 14 for Mater Dei to the Semi State.  Also, I was  a huge Central Sectional HOMER.   I'm sure it's happened before but how many times has a team advanced everyone to the Semi-State?  

Mater Dei did it in '96. Then they had all of those in the round to go, eventually losing 3, but putting 10 in the semistate finals.  They finished with 11 going to state - 5 firsts, 5 seconds, and 1 third.  Not bad.

Kuhn is a step ahead of everyone here. Stock had a big win over Seng to set himself with a good path to the Regional finals.

Goebel, Mastison, Johns, Karges.

Flip a coin between Welch, Vanhook, and Wedding. All 3 are capable of winning, but I like Welch here.

Henderson looked tough today. He'll be tough to beat wrestling like that. Henderson, Moody, Griesemer

Hoehn with another big day and is improving week by week it seems. Hoehn, Mangold, Brown, Kelley

I still like Konrath here.  Dowdy n Schroeder will have to battle it out in the Semi's where Konrath will have a much easier road to the Finals.

Rueger continues to look tough. Singleton with a big win over Mann. Rueger, Lannert, Mann, Kieth

I see a repeat of the Central Sectional. Whetstine looks like he's on a mission!

Welch. Enough said. Then Weinzapfel, Marshall, Prasek.

Welch. Idk if Sims is fully healthy to hang with Welch??? I hope so though.

Stein. Brandenstein. King/Warren. Oser

Boots looked tough today. Sandwith should bounce back though, hope for a closer finals match at the Regional.

Wright. Boehm. Schnarr. ????

VanWinkle looks tough. O'Connell is right behind him, then Little, Hohl.

This is off the top of my head, be easier once brackets are in front of me...

Looks to be another good Regional like always. There are always some upsets that will happen. Good luck guessing those!!!

103:  kuhn ®, Stock (NP), Seng (MD) Alldredge (N)

112:  Goebel (MD), Mastison (H),  Johns ®, Karges (PR)

119:  Vanhook ®, Welch (CA), Wedding (ME), Pierre (MD)

125:  Moody ®, Henderson (MD), Greismer (PR), Oakley (CE)

130:  Hoehn (MV), Brown (CA), Kelley (CE), Mangold (MD)

135:  Konrath (MV), Dowdy ®, Schroeder (MD), Wetzell (SS)

140:  Reuger ®, Lannert (MD), Hodge (ME), Singleton (GS)

145:  Whetstine (ME), Chamberlin (CE), Riggs (MD), Appel ®

152:  Welch (CA), Weinzapfel (MD), Marshall (MV), Prasek (ME)

160:  Welch (CA), Simms (MD), Rickenbaugh (HH), Garnett (CE)

171:  Stein (PR), Brandenstein (MD), King ®, Oser (HH)

189:  Boots (MD), Sandwith (ME), Halbig (PR), Bender (HH)

215:  Wright (MD), Boehme (HH), Schnarr ®, Barcly (SS)

285:  Vanwinkle (MD), O'connel (MV),  Hohle (CE), Little (NP)

It's a shame that the draws put the top 2 112's on the same side in Johns and Goebel. Look for both of them to be wrestling at Conseco this year.

I believe you can make an argument for Mastison here also. Everyone might say Mastison stalled his way to a victory, but he also rode out Johns for 3 minutes. To me he earned that victory. Johns is tough though, but Mastison just happened to win the important one. I don't see either of them beating Goebel though, so getting 2nd or 3rd at the Regional isn't really going to matter. The 3rd place finisher could easily get a better Semi-State draw than the 2nd place finisher. You just never know! Good Luck to all 3 of these individuals, I believe each of them could be at Conseco this year!

I believe you can make an argument for Mastison here also. Everyone might say Mastison stalled his way to a victory, but he also rode out Johns for 3 minutes. To me he earned that victory. Johns is tough though, but Mastison just happened to win the important one. I don't see either of them beating Goebel though, so getting 2nd or 3rd at the Regional isn't really going to matter. The 3rd place finisher could easily get a better Semi-State draw than the 2nd place finisher. You just never know! Good Luck to all 3 of these individuals, I believe each of them could be at Conseco this year!

Johns continued to be the aggressor and he took shot after shot and Mastison looked like a track star out there running away from Johns. If the refs would do there job Johns would be in the regional finals against Goebel. But because the refs at both the Harrison 10-way and the Central sectional don't know what they were doing Mastison lucked his way to a victory. When Johns and Mastison wrestle and there is a GOOD ref Johns will destroy him.

I agree with you that Johns is the agressor each time while on there feet and with a decent ref then yes there would probably be stalling calls. All I'm saying is that Mastison is no one to overlook, he is just as good as Johns is. To be able to ride someone out like Johns for 3 minutes in the situation they were in says something about the kid. He is no pushover. I'll give Mastison the credit when its due! Congrats! Look forward to watching both of you go at the next couple years if in the same weight class!

Johns continued to be the aggressor and he took shot after shot and Mastison looked like a track star out there running away from Johns. If the refs would do there job Johns would be in the regional finals against Goebel. But because the refs at both the Harrison 10-way and the Central sectional don't know what they were doing Mastison lucked his way to a victory. When Johns and Mastison wrestle and there is a GOOD ref Johns will destroy him.

Where as the ass't. ref, on a grassy knoll?  Sure sounds like a conspiracy to me (he said sarcastically).

i have a question are you going to say the refs are good only when johns wins?

103:  kuhn ®, Stock (NP), Seng (MD) Alldredge (N)

112:  Goebel (MD), Mastison (H),  Johns ®, Karges (PR)

119:  Vanhook ®, Welch (CA), Wedding (ME), Pierre (MD)

125:  Henderson (MD)Moody ®, Greismer (PR), Oakley (CE)

130:  Hoehn (MV), Brown (CA), Kelley (CE), Mangold (MD)

135:  Dowdy ®,Konrath (MV), Schroeder (MD), Wetzell (SS)

140:  Reuger ®, Lannert (MD), Hodge (ME), Singleton (GS)

145:  Whetstine (ME), Chamberlin (CE), Riggs (MD), Appel ®

152:  Welch (CA), Weinzapfel (MD), Marshall (MV), Prasek (ME)

160:  Welch (CA), Simms (MD), Rickenbaugh (HH), Garnett (CE)

171:  Stein (PR), Brandenstein (MD), King ®, Oser (HH)    Dalton will fight his ass off though, might give Stein a wakeup

189:  Boots (MD), Sandwith (ME), Halbig (PR), Bender (HH)

215:  Wright (MD), Boehme (HH), Schnarr ®, Barcly (SS)

285:  Vanwinkle (MD), O'connel (MV),  Hohle (CE), Little (NP)

I agree with you that Johns is the agressor each time while on there feet and with a decent ref then yes there would probably be stalling calls. All I'm saying is that Mastison is no one to overlook, he is just as good as Johns is. To be able to ride someone out like Johns for 3 minutes in the situation they were in says something about the kid. He is no pushover. I'll give Mastison the credit when its due! Congrats! Look forward to watching both of you go at the next couple years if in the same weight class!

So you should agree that Johns is the better wrestler of the 2. Mastison doesn't really wrestle. He just backs up then waits to get on top and just ride you out the whole time. He should have been warned for stalling 6 or 7 times. He stalled the whole 1st period on his feet then he never tried to turn Johns. He set on top and didn't attempt to turn Johns.

i have a question are you going to say the refs are good only when johns wins?

No, I'm saying that both times they have wrestled the refs have been terrible. At the Harrison 10-way all the refs were terrible the same as they were at the Central Sectional. Everytime they wrestle the refs never hit Mastison for stalling. If Mastison can somehow actually wrestle and pull-out an UPSET over Johns with GOOD refs then I would give Mastison some credit but he has been getting a lucky draw and and pulling off luck and beating Johns. He is the one that got lucky that Turi got hurt not Braye. If Turi could wrestle Mastison would be sitting at home.

The big difference between last year 33/56 (Central sectional semi-state qualifiers) and this year is basically Mater Dei and Castle.  Mater Dei was down last year by their standards sending 10 and Castle was solid sending 11 (I believe).  This year Mater Dei will advance 13 or 14 and Castle will advance between 4-6.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.