Regional Brackets!!!

Y2CJ41

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeffersonville Regionals?

I'm guessing he has not found out about Southridge sectional to make them.  The IHSAA does not have those results up yet, but would assume they will have them posted relatively soon.

Are there wrestlebacks or as long as you win your first match you are at least 4th.

The rest of the tournament series breakdown looks like this:

In regional you must win the first round match or you are eliminated.  Then the rest of the matches are to determine the top 4 spots that will advance to semi-state. 

At Semi-state you must win the first two matches or you are eliminated.  Then the rest of the matches are to determine the top 4 spots that will advance to state.

At state you must win the first match or your are eliminated.  The rest will wrestle  to determine the top 8 place winners.

are people seeded at regional based solely on their records? just curious because Wilson pinned everyone at sectional and still got a #2 seed behind Montgomery at the Moorseville regionals ... i know their records are pretty close (32-1/27-1)but wasnt sure how that all broke down.

I think people have been looking at too many brackets over there lives, so when they see the regional brackets they think it is seeded like sectionals and other tournaments.  Guy on top #1 seed and guy on bottom #2 seed and don't realize how the draws go for individual regional, semi-state, and state tournaments.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.