WINNING AT ALL COST!

brian103

All I know is that I am a mom of a wrestler and I can't wait for Saturday.  My son controls his own destiny!  Just like all the others.  What makes all of this exciting is that you never know what can happen.  Haven't you seen a #8 seed beat a #1?  This is playing out to be a season  to watch!  Drama, everyone loves drama!  And what drama this will be!  I am just a mom getting nervous already for my son.  I can't wait for him to upset some kids on his journey.  And if he doesn't, then he has no one to blame!  ARE WE READY TO RUMBLE?  Get your brackets out because I believe no one will get them all right!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the problem: chaos will result from this situation.

It's bad enough we have kids competing for 3 or 4 institutions during their 4 years of high school.  Heck, we had one local kid QB four different teams in four years in South Bend and Mishawaka awhile back.  Now we are going to have kids transferring mid season?  Where does it end.  What if a kid wrestles for Franklin in November, transfers-wrestles for Mishawaka in December, then transfers-wrestles for Penn in January?  Where does it end?  4 transfer per year? 5 transfers per year? 

http://www.authorama.com/english-fairy-tales-23.html

I think the title sums it up pretty well! These people have to look at themselves in the mirror.

As long as there are no consequences, they do not care. Remember, we are talking about the lack of morals and ethics. Bernie Matoff,of Wall Street fame, only cares because he is now spending the rest of his life in prison. This topic has never been about the kids or kid in this case doing anything wrong. There is a lot more wrong with the whole system than meets the eye in this situation.

Here's the problem: chaos will result from this situation.

It's bad enough we have kids competing for 3 or 4 institutions during their 4 years of high school.  Heck, we had one local kid QB four different teams in four years in South Bend and Mishawaka awhile back.  Now we are going to have kids transferring mid season?  Where does it end.  What if a kid wrestles for Franklin in November, transfers-wrestles for Mishawaka in December, then transfers-wrestles for Penn in January?  Where does it end?  4 transfer per year? 5 transfers per year? 

No Chaos will not happen from this situation because the transferring school has to sign off. Everyone is forgetting that A. He served his suspension and B. Franklin signed off on his transfer. There are rules in place and that is why a lot of transfers do not happen.

No Chaos will not happen from this situation because the transferring school has to sign off. Everyone is forgetting that A. He served his suspension and B. Franklin signed off on his transfer. There are rules in place and that is why a lot of transfers do not happen.

This is what kind of ruffled some feathers though is the inconsistency in the rules. Schools can arbitrarily decide to approve or not approve a student?s transfer. There is a young man wrestling just north of me who was a S.S. qualifier last year at another school one county over. Some things happened in his life and he transfers. His school from last year does not sign off and he is only allowed to wrestle J.V. this year. Where is the consistency in the decision making? He has been at the school all year this year but still has to sit out varsity.

As long as there are no consequences, they do not care. Remember, we are talking about the lack of morals and ethics. Bernie Matoff,of Wall Street fame, only cares because he is now spending the rest of his life in prison. This topic has never been about the kids or kid in this case doing anything wrong. There is a lot more wrong with the whole system than meets the eye in this situation.

I agree  with you, just sometimes the less said the better

Incorrect. You must not have been coaching for very long. Most schools and ADs just automatically sign off for transfers.  They don't want the lawsuit.  And even if they did wish to fight the lawsuit, they can't because the school system has no money.  

And if they lose the lawsuit (and the $$ associated with trying the case) then good luck to them getting a coaching/AD job at another school.  There are a few who fight and end up in court, but most just say 'to heck with it.  Why put myself through that and ruin my income because someone else has a deficiency of ethics?'

It is bad enough we have to battle certain coaches recruiting our wrestlers out-of-season.  Now we have to combat those coaches recruiting our wrestlers in-season?

This is what kind of ruffled some feathers though is the inconsistency in the rules. Schools can arbitrarily decide to approve or not approve a student?s transfer. There is a young man wrestling just north of me who was a S.S. qualifier last year at another school one county over. Some things happened in his life and he transfers. His school from last year does not sign off and he is only allowed to wrestle J.V. this year. Where is the consistency in the decision making? He has been at the school all year this year but still has to sit out varsity.

Munges,

you read my mind. Why does the Pfister kid have to sit out a year? How do you think he is going to feel sitting there watching regional next week when he knows that both AC and Bluffton forfeited 171 for much of the year, yet someone else can just transfer immediately.

Can someone explain the difference between the two situations so I can have a better understanding of what the rules are?

Munges,

you read my mind. Why does the Pfister kid have to sit out a year? How do you think he is going to feel sitting there watching regional next week when he knows that both AC and Bluffton forfeited 171 for much of the year, yet someone else can just transfer immediately.

Can someone explain the difference between the two situations so I can have a better understanding of what the rules are?

Did the Pfister kid move into the new school district?

Well hello everyone...I will admit this has been a frustrating topic for me. As many of you might know I wrestled for Coach McCormick and graduated from Yorktown. I do know that Yorktown is a great school, it prepared me well to go on to college, and helped me do well enough that I was accepted into a medical school and will graduate in December. I also know that Coach McCormick is a great coach, father, husband, teacher, friend, and a great man. For those of you that want to question his ethics based on one situation I suggest you truly get to know this man before you judge him.

While some of you may find this situation unethical, remember this, a man?s character is not created by only one action, but many actions over many years.

Let?s all ask ourselves a question; what is best for Cole Van Horn. Everyone only wants to complain about Yorktown, but why don't we sit back and think about or try to find out what Franklin High School or the Franklin Schools Administration did to Cole Van Horn and his family to drive them to make a decision to take him out that school.

One other thing to think about, the Van Horn family was obviously unhappy enough to take their child out of school and place him into another. Yes it seems really fishy that they decided to send him 80 miles away but if you look at today?s economy and the rising cost of college what is one way to help pay for it. That is through scholarship. If Cole is the great wrestler that everyone says he is why not give him that much more exposure and possibly give him the opportunity to receive a wrestling scholarship. Yes this may be the wrong way to think and yes it may be illegal to transfer do to sports reason but with Yorktown being the academic school that it is, it?s pretty easy to claim you are moving for academic reasons. I would imagine that this would not be the first sports related transfer that was claimed to be academic. (If this is truly a transfer based solely on wrestling, to me it seems like Franklin High School was not a good atmosphere for Cole to be properly treated and educated).

For all of you that are upset by this I can understand your frustrations, but my hope for this whole situation is that it helps Cole better his life.

For those of you that want to say "no wonder you don't care your from Yorktown" I?ll let you know, I have no ties to Yorktown Wrestling beside through this website, I currently live in Missouri and will be coming back to Indiana, and I will do what I have to for my children to go to Yorktown and hopefully Coach McCormick will still be there to help teach my kids wrestling and many of the life skills that I still live by today.

Good Luck to all the wrestler, I will see you at Conseco in a few weeks.

Oscar, are you calling someone "Tricky Dick"..... ;D

How about you get rid of that picture of Marlon Brando and replace it with a picture of Dennis the Menace ;D Very funny Mr. .... W60160.  ;)

Tricky T... Has a certain ring to it. :)

Is Bull Sitter OK ?  ;D Now Let's get back on topic. Oh YAH...  Winning at all Cost Or is that Cast. Do you Know who the newest hot wrestling recruit is? I heard there was a family out southeast just popping out studs. :-X

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.