If everyone was the sam weight in the state....... Who would win???

iWatch

Aside from the nationally ranked Stein, Sliga beat VA's state runner-up Joe Jessen, a junior, IL junior Chris Johnson (6th in IL), almost teched CO's state runner-up, junior Shay Hansen, 4th ranked MI senior Jackson Lewis, 5th ranked IL wrestler Taylor McGiffen, 6th ranked Iowa wrestler Mickey Pelfrey, MO #1 ranked Hashem Omari....with no losses during that same duration. In almost two years, he's only lost to national caliber Braden Atwood and state champ Michael Johnson-Jones, both seniors while Sliga was a freshman in a strength-dominated weight class.

and lost to Micheal Duckworth also.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not counting out Stevenson at all.  As a sophomore he lost by one point to Shrewsbury at state.  I was very impressed by him.

I say we all agree to disagree and call it a draw between Tshirt and Sliga.  Just be forunate they wrestle in Indiana.  The one thing that stands out Sliga is a Triple Crown winner and Tshirt faces the best of the best year in and year out. 

I am just glad I will be in Indiana for the State finals

I am not counting out Stevenson at all.  As a sophomore he lost by one point to Shrewsbury at state.  I was very impressed by him.

I say we all agree to disagree and call it a draw between Tshirt and Sliga.  Just be forunate they wrestle in Indiana.  The one thing that stands out Sliga is a Triple Crown winner and Tshirt faces the best of the best year in and year out. 

I am just glad I will be in Indiana for the State finals

Well Played sir!

Wow Region Watcher you must be new to the sport to not know about Sliga, and I said after all said and done if Sliga stays healthy he will be one of Indianas Best ever!! Along with Howe    Berry is good but very beatable!! Sliga has been national champ all his life and its not going to stop. He is one of the most athletic bigger guys I have ever seen at his age just a 2nd year Cadet

Wow Region Watcher you must be new to the sport to not know about Sliga, and I said after all said and done if Sliga stays healthy he will be one of Indianas Best ever!! Along with Howe    Berry is good but very beatable!! Sliga has been national champ all his life and its not going to stop. He is one of the most athletic bigger guys I have ever seen at his age just a 2nd year Cadet

I think he was just saying that is a bold statement saying he will be Indiana's Best ever. 

Angel 1,1,1,1  Collegiate National Champion, 4 time All-American

Howe 2,1,1,1 Collegiate National Champion, 2 time All-American so far only loss was to Hump

Hump sq, 1,1,1 Collegiate Runner Up, freshman yr los to Angel

Sliga is dang good and one of the better big men we have seen in Indiana and at such a young age but let's let him be a teenager before we guarantee he'll have better resumes then Indianas recent best. 

Goos luck to everyone this weekend. 

I think he was just saying that is a bold statement saying he will be Indiana's Best ever.  

Angel 1,1,1,1  Collegiate National Champion, 4 time All-American

Howe 2,1,1,1 Collegiate National Champion, 2 time All-American so far only loss was to Hump

Hump sq, 1,1,1 Collegiate Runner Up, freshman yr los to Angel

Sliga is dang good and one of the better big men we have seen in Indiana and at such a young age but let's let him be a teenager before we guarantee he'll have better resumes then Indianas recent best.  

Goos luck to everyone this weekend.  

Still waiting on that top Olympic guy which I can see Howe and Sliga being among those Top in the world!!

We'll see after the state finals. I think he'll have to win state this year to even be thought about being one of the toughest Indiana wrestlers ever. He already has more losses than A. Tsirtsis, J. Tsirtsis (so far), Howe, Escobedo, Ellis, D. Palmer, mauer, c. Phillips(so far) had in their whole careers.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.