Castle Sectional

Mat Medic

I'll give it a shot....

103...Brown CA, GS kid?

112...Karges PR

119 ...Welch CA

125...Griesemer PR, I know he wrestled 130 at the Big 8 but heard he weighed in low and was going 125 for the State Tournament?? Any confirmation on this?

130...Brown CA

140...Mann CA

145...Seiler BO

152...Welch CA

160...Welch CA

171...Stein PR

189...Bender HH

These are all off the top of my head....coming out of this Sectional you want to place top 2, getting 3rd and 4th and drawing into a champ or runner-up out of the Central Sectional makes it almost impossible to advance to Semi-State. But you never know, thats why we still wrestle the matches! good luck to all!

Heres my top 4 placers based on conf and dual match-ups in no particular order

Brown CA, Baehl GS,

Karges PR, Hipp GS, Meyers Heritage Hills,

Welch CA, Hirsch GS

Griesemer PR, Dunkel GS

Brown CA, Griesemer PR (not sure which weight class),

Meyer P,

Mann CA, Singleton GS, Conner B,

Seiler B,

Welch CA, Koberstien P, GS

Welch CA, Haire B, Heritage Hills,

Stein P, Warren C, Oser HH, GS

Bender HH, Halbig P, Tell City

HH, Knight GS, Barclay SS

HWT

?

Forest Park is NOT in this sectional so I guarantee they won't place 3rd at 125.

I've heard that Haire from Boonville is going 171.  Avoiding Welch by moving up to wrestle Stein, Warren, and Oser?  Bad move if it's true.

Griesemer going back to 125 is a smart move on his part.  Castle Regional at 130 alerady has Brown, Hoehn, Kelley, Mangold...yuck.

Forest Park is NOT in this sectional so I guarantee they won't place 3rd at 125.

I've heard that Haire from Boonville is going 171.  Avoiding Welch by moving up to wrestle Stein, Warren, and Oser?  Bad move if it's true.

Griesemer going back to 125 is a smart move on his part.  Castle Regional at 130 alerady has Brown, Hoehn, Kelley, Mangold...yuck.

Oops forgot FP isn't in the sectional.  Thanks.

griesemer will have a better chance at 130 against brown who wasn't that impressive at all, and hoehn who he needs to redeem a earlier loss. than facing henderson, moody, oakley, johnson?. plus timmy from gibson southern will be a contender also. thats just my 2 cents. good luck at which ever weight you choose young man. you will make it to the dance. 8)

According to the local paper Griesemer only moved up for the Big 8 Tournament thinking it would help the team and said he would be back at 125 for sectionals. 

I like Hayden Baehl at 103 and Daniel Hipp at 112 both from Gibson Southern.  I think there will be a couple of surprises.  Should be some good wrestling. 

103-Baehl,Brown,Derr,Lutz

112-Hipp,Kargas,Myers,Hemmings

119-Welch,Hirsch,Allen,Hubbard

125-Griesemer,Dunkel,Doud,Small

130-Brown,Allen(GS),Meyer,Shulz

135-Wetzel,Martin,Diamond,Shrubb

140-Singleton,Hatfield,Mann,Ennis

145-Seiler,Harmon,Harpeneau,Mahoney

152-Welch,Woods,Koberstein,Konerding

160-Welch,Rickenbaugh,Henrickson,Lawrence

171-Stein,Haire,Warren,Oser

189-Bender,Georges,Salkill,Hendrickson

215-Boehm,Knight,Barclay,Camp

285-May,Hesson,Hines,McCormick

Have Hirsch from Gibson Southern wrestled Allen from Boonville?  Have either one of them wrestled Welch from Castle?  Any common opponents of Hirsch and Allen?

BV and GS wrestled twice during the season.  The first match-up Hirsch was out with an injury.  That was the same meet GS wrestled Castle so Hirsch didn't wrestle Welch either.  I don't know if they wrestled each other the second time at the Titan duels but I believe Hirsch was undefeated on that day. 

Have Hirsch from Gibson Southern wrestled Allen from Boonville?  Have either one of them wrestled Welch from Castle?  Any common opponents of Hirsch and Allen?

Yes they wrestled during titan duels and Hirsch won by fall.I believe Hirsch was winning by 2 late in the second when it happened.

ALLEN VS WELCH 10 to 5 WELCH /ALLEN VS HIRSCH Allen was winning 3 to1 in 3rd HIRSCH caught ALLEN

You seem so excited about their names

Itll be really important for the Welch and Brown boys to be winning by fall. Bonus points are always what help castle win the title (except when they have 12 champions)

With Gibson Southern edging out Heritage Hills for the PAC title they have to be mentioned as a contender for team title.

That was a total fluke Heritage Hills barely lost even without a 103 and in the terrible PAC conference with 3 to 4 good teams out of 9 the Gibson Southern Kids got matched up with not very good wrestlers and got sticks. Lets not forget that Heritage Hills had 5 weight class champs the most by any school in the conference

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.