Twin Lakes Sectional

Bomber

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where u at the MWC Meet??? Anybody there can tell u that Dix was DOMINATING Magnum early in the match.. picking up the 250+ big fella over his head and slamming him hard on the mat a few times! to say this match is no contest is ridiculous.... I dont think the match will go past the 1st round most HWT matches dont, but i think it will be an action packed 2 minutes! Good luck to both big fellas

Well I was at the MWC meet and I can tell you that yes Dix was dominating, If by dominating you mean getting pinned in the first period while down 7-3. I wouldn't really consider get put on your back twice in the first period a really dominating performance but then again he did pick him up over his head and Slam him TWICE!!!!!!!!

haha that made me laugh (a hard on) not gnna lie

now back to being serious. the MWC has 10 #1 seeds & 8 #2 seeds... im not being naive im just looking at the brackets and the COACHES are the ones who are responsible for seedsing not me..  I have not seen logan wreslte at all or been following them i do my best to follow teams but mainly follow the MWC. If logan is so good then why dont they have guys with higher seeds? Im just saying based of the seedings and the MWC wrestlers ive been able to follow all year i think the seedings will end up pretty acurate when its all said and done

I didn't have to be at the MWC to see this match.  This match is online.  Wrestling is not about picking people up and slamming them its about being able to wrestle for 6 minutes and by using moves to pin the guy.  I guess from your stand point show boating and looking tough has a lot to do with wrestling.  The fact of the matter is Dix couldn't hold down Magnum.

Dix was the aggresser entire match, he was bigger stronger just pushing magnum around the mat, looked pretty domintae, then he gassed out got sloppy and got caught, once magnum laid on him dix just layed there waiting for ref 2 cal it a pin he did not even attemp to bridge or roll through he had nothing left  But yea like i said the wrestler who has the better gas tank wins this match. if dix wouldnt have gassed he would have won the match hands down

Mangum got the first take down, so dix was not dominating. He is obviously strong enough to pick up mangum but when he shot mangum snapped him down and score. Its really not that impressive picking a guy up and slam him twice its actually stupidy one it takes more energy and also tripping is just as effective. Dix-260 mangum-285, these guys both squat 500 pounds  picking up 300 should be nothing. I can pick up mangum and im 147. Dix is definitely not bigger and stronger than mangum. Yes he is taller but mangum is built like a sh** brick house, if you look at both of them same time john is way more upper body. Also neither one of these guys should be able to hold the other down they are both too strong. Also on the dominating part mangum turned dix not once but twice before he stuck hiim and a pin is really not that dominating especially for heavys when ninety percent of their matches end in pin.

Devildog, its obvious the mwc is the favorite to win and have better seeds than logan. Logan is also a 4a school which means they wrestle 4a schools so there record might not be that appealing on paper, and also they dont have common opponents which is really hard to seed guys so what you have to base their seeds off of is winning percentage. So most of their guys should have higher seedings if they did wrestle any conference school, and would kill every conference school because they have there good kids and their average kids through out. Its not like us small conference " hey freshmen you want to wrestle it will be a free varsity letter, and have 14 or 15 kids out for the team. Also your duel meet record doesnt mean jack going into the individuel tournament, how many studs on your team you have 3 guys with 30+ wins, the rest of the kids will be lucky to get fifth and sixth place finishes. and where in our case(pioneer) we have six studs on the team the most out of all the teams but you would think we win but it doesnt work that way cause of your fourth and third place finishes. In our case the more teams we have compete the better it is in our favor because our studs will still shine through and more points are dispersed

I normally don't post much on the site anymore but I do like to read about my favorite sport.  I have officiated I believe every team in this Sectional and nearly all of them more than once.  I have been officiating for 40 years and I must say, this year's Twin Lakes Sectional will be a terrific one to watch.  When you all post about why this wrestler didn't get this seed or that seed,  as one who has run this seeding meeting many times in the past ( but not this year's) there are seeding rules set forth by the IHSAA which in nearly every case mandates who goes where.  First criteria is head to head wins, then wins against common opponents, then defending champions in that weight class, at lastly, the big kicker is winning percentage with more than 10 matches.  The first three are a given, but that winning percentage can make things look different then they really are.  Logansport's Team, does wrestle one MWC team during the year and then maybe some head to heads at the Twin Lakes Invite and that's it.  And since they do wrestler in a tougher conference they seldom have a kid come in with a 40-1, 39-2 record and more than likely no undefeated kids.  They then usually get second and third seeds based upon winning percentage alone and of course some Number 1 seeds as well.  There are several great wrestlers this year in a lot of weight classes and in this sport, on any given day, anything can and will happen.  Pioneer, NW, WC, Caston, TL, all have some outstanding kids in different weight classes and there will be upsets for sure.  In my  humble opinion I have seen the Logansport Team get better and better as the season progresses.  As a former Logans Wrestler I can say without a doubt that the Patacsil way is drill and prepare for the Conference and the tournament series.  Anything prior to that, really doesn't matter.  I give them the edge on the Team title, they have some real tough kids that wrestle real hard for 6 minutes.  But given the studs at Pioneer's 5 weight classes, NW great kids and all the others great wrestlers mingled throughout the area,  someone is going to have their day that is least expected.  And that sports fans, is what we all go to see.  As someone has said somewhere else in these post, it will be the 3rd and 4ths that make the difference in the team title and Igive that edge to Logansport.  Good luck to all teams.

I normally don't post much on the site anymore but I do like to read about my favorite sport.  I have officiated I believe every team in this Sectional and nearly all of them more than once.  I have been officiating for 40 years and I must say, this year's Twin Lakes Sectional will be a terrific one to watch.  When you all post about why this wrestler didn't get this seed or that seed,  as one who has run this seeding meeting many times in the past ( but not this year's) there are seeding rules set forth by the IHSAA which in nearly every case mandates who goes where.  First criteria is head to head wins, then wins against common opponents, then defending champions in that weight class, at lastly, the big kicker is winning percentage with more than 10 matches.  The first three are a given, but that winning percentage can make things look different then they really are.  Logansport's Team, does wrestle one MWC team during the year and then maybe some head to heads at the Twin Lakes Invite and that's it.  And since they do wrestler in a tougher conference they seldom have a kid come in with a 40-1, 39-2 record and more than likely no undefeated kids.  They then usually get second and third seeds based upon winning percentage alone and of course some Number 1 seeds as well.  There are several great wrestlers this year in a lot of weight classes and in this sport, on any given day, anything can and will happen.  Pioneer, NW, WC, Caston, TL, all have some outstanding kids in different weight classes and there will be upsets for sure.  In my  humble opinion I have seen the Logansport Team get better and better as the season progresses.  As a former Logans Wrestler I can say without a doubt that the Patacsil way is drill and prepare for the Conference and the tournament series.  Anything prior to that, really doesn't matter.  I give them the edge on the Team title, they have some real tough kids that wrestle real hard for 6 minutes.  But given the studs at Pioneer's 5 weight classes, NW great kids and all the others great wrestlers mingled throughout the area,  someone is going to have their day that is least expected.  And that sports fans, is what we all go to see.  As someone has said somewhere else in these post, it will be the 3rd and 4ths that make the difference in the team title and Igive that edge to Logansport.  Good luck to all teams.

That was basically my second post, thanks for the elaboration :)

Champ Predictions

103 Herras

112 Twin lakes stud

119 Johnson with the upset....hopefully ???

125 rehn

130 Baldini

135 Holloway

140 Wagoner

145 Dorris

152 Northcutt

160 Green maybe

171 Winkle

189 Nethercutt

215 Whitlock

HWT winner of mangum and dix

That was basically my second post, thanks for the elaboration :)

Champ Predictions

103 Herras

112 Twin lakes stud

119 Johnson with the upset....hopefully ???

125 rehn

130 Baldini

135 Holloway

140 Wagoner

145 Dorris

152 Northcutt

160 Green maybe

171 Winkle

189 Nethercutt

215 Whitlock

HWT winner of mangum and dix

crap, 152 i forgot Espinosa

I would probably say that Logan wrestles a bit tougher schedule than your boys do! Seeding goes from head to head then to record then common opponents. If you wrestle the same small schools three times a piece then usually that helps your record for seeding purposes. Sorry, I guess we will have to look at the results after tomorrow! Also if you are not even in the area to watch the wrestling, why try to start stuff on here? Good luck to everyone that wrestles, how bout we let the wrestlers do the talking tomorrow!

haha that made me laugh (a hard on) not gnna lie

now back to being serious. the MWC has 10 #1 seeds & 8 #2 seeds... im not being naive im just looking at the brackets and the COACHES are the ones who are responsible for seedsing not me..  I have not seen logan wreslte at all or been following them i do my best to follow teams but mainly follow the MWC. If logan is so good then why dont they have guys with higher seeds? Im just saying based of the seedings and the MWC wrestlers ive been able to follow all year i think the seedings will end up pretty acurate when its all said and done

only a few more dasy of waiting to find out

I would probably say that Logan wrestles a bit tougher schedule than your boys do! Seeding goes from head to head then to record then common opponents. If you wrestle the same small schools three times a piece then usually that helps your record for seeding purposes. Sorry, I guess we will have to look at the results after tomorrow! Also if you are not even in the area to watch the wrestling, why try to start stuff on here? Good luck to everyone that wrestles, how bout we let the wrestlers do the talking tomorrow!

I guess becuase Im not in Indiana I should not follow wrestling anymore I should just delete my indianamat account too right.... ridiculous just cuz im not able 2 watch matches live doesnt mean i cant follow the sport. thanks to this great site + fans  & news articles i have been able to keep up on the great sport of indiana wrestling

& i was not starting aything I was just stating my opinions.  only a few more hours & well see if the MWC can live up to there seeds

125  Rehn wc                135 martin RC def holloway in ot               jordan culp, steven masters, and brice tanner all wc, in championship round

Thanks 4 the updates keep them coming! Deff didnt see Holloway going down! Did these 2 wrestle in the regular season?

RENSSELAER GETS 2ND AS A TEAM W/ THREE CHAMPIONS

@130 RINGEN@135 MARTIN @ 160 GREEN!  NICE TRY DEVIL DOG

Ha IDK why u r trying 2 take a shot at me but ok

2011 TL Sectional Champs:

103:

Ozzie Herrera SN

112:

Blake Denton TL

119:

Brandon Preston L

125:

Dillan Rehn WC

130:

Ringen RC

135:

Jeffrey Martin RC

140:

Aaron Wagoner P

145:

Owen Dorris P

152:

Robert Whaley SN

160:

Michael Green RC

171:

Christian Winkle TL

189:

Steven Masters WC

215:

Jack Farnha LC

HWT:

Dix W

Congrats to all Champs good luck the rest of the state tournament!

MWC finished with 7 Champs &  8 Runner Ups  not a bad day for the MWC, Good Luck at Regionals Fellas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.