Twin Lakes Sectional

Bomber

Rensselaer getting nothing here!  8)  they DID finish 2nd here last year, they "should" have at least 6 in the finals and a couple of titles, ill give the 160 NW kid the repsect he deserves but...idk that he beats Green, im not sure who Hileman has wrestled this year, not talking him down any but he will have to out-heart Green. Martin will have another good match with Holloway at 135, Ringen should win 130...should...Northcutt at 152 is probably the best "on the mat" wrestler there, he is just one strong dude, Mike Roe at 145, i believe, showed some real heart in winning conference in sudden death overtime, i look forward to seeing him wrestle, and i expect Hickman at 119 to be in the finals, hes pretty technical and a threat to look forward to in the future, and im telling you, dont count out Potts (RC) out at 171, i have been very happy with him this season and expect him to be wrestling at Logansport, good luck RC and all of the wrestlers, the season starts now!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the results according to the seeds.  The breakdown for points in each wieght class according to seed 1st-16  2nd-12  3rd-9  4th-7  5th-5  6th-3

1st  Logansport 92 points

2nd Pioneer 91

3rd  Twin Lakes 80

4th  West Central 78

5th  Lewis Cass 74

6th  Caston 71

6th  North White 71

8th Rensselaer 63

9th Winamac 56

10th South Newton 42

11th Frontier 10

Pioneer-If our heavy weight wouldnt of got screwed in the seedings , because the kid from west central didnt wrestle him at our invite, and from what i hear dodged zach dix, we would be 1st based off of seeds

Logan will win this sectional easy, and Brandon Preston will Tech or Pin his way through the 119 bracket.

Greg I'm with you on this one, and I  see Denton at 112 doing the same.

Preston is wrestling tough this season, which can be contributes to the hard work he did in the summer in all the open rooms he attended.

ill give the 160 NW kid the repsect he deserves but...idk that he beats Green, im not sure who Hileman has wrestled this year, not talking him down any but he will have to out-heart Green.

Tyler hileman hands down. 31-1  MWC champ MWC wrestler of the year. only loss came 9-7 to dale from McCutcheon

Did Tyler wrestle this Green kid at the NW 6 way?? he beat whoever he wrestled from Renns

after the pleasure of being one of the coaches in Preston's corner this summer up in Michigan. I can assure that he will win this sectional.  the other kids might be descent wrestlers but hard work and off season wrestling pays off

Tyler hileman hands down. 28-1  MWC champ MWC wrestler of the year. only loss came 9-7 to dale from McCutcheon

Did Tyler wrestle this Green kid at the NW 6 way?? he beat whoever he wrestled from Renns

They did not wrestle. Green I believe wrestled 189 that weekend coming out of football. Who are Hileman's quality wins?

TL Sectional Seedings Top 2:

103:

Ozzie Herrera SN 28-3 MWC Champ

Derek Bershire C 28-10

112:

Blake Denton TL 35-1 Conf Champ

Cole Nilson C 33-5 MWC Champ

119:

Brandon Preston L 32-3

Justin Johnson P 33-10 MWC Champ

125:

Dillan Rehn WC 35-3 MWC Champ

Gabe Welch LC 23-6

130:

Robert Hartley W 29-5 MWC Champ

Logan Baldini L 27-6

135:

Wil Holloway C 37-1 MWC Champ

Jeffrey Martin RC 26-4

140:

Aaron Wagoner P 43-1 MWC Champ

Travis Bannon NW 30-6

145:

Owen Dorris P 31-4 MWC Champ

Graham Redweik C 33-5

152:

Robert Whaley SN 29-2 MWC CHamp

Chris Espinosa L 32-4 Conf Champ

160:

Tyler Hileman NW 31-1 MWC Champ/MVW

Michael Green RC 25-4 Conf Champ

171:

Christian Winkle TL 35-1

Dalton Christenen L 30-7

189:

Nate Nethercutt P 26-4

Steven Masters WC 30-3 MWC Champ

215:

Brandon Schultheiss TL 21-3

Bryce Tanner WC 35-3 MWC Champ

HWT:

Jordan Culp WC 19-3

John Mangum P 36-6 MWC Champ

Green might not be as technical as hileman but he is definitely way stronger will be interesting

Hileman is 1 of the strongest kids I know, that being said wrestling is about Speed & Technique Strength helps but ill deff take Speed & technique over strength anyday.

Should be a good match but I cant pick against Tyler not after the season he has had

Seedings Top 2:

189:

Nate Nethercutt P 26-4

215:

189- Why didnt Nethercut wrestle at MWC?? Have these 2 faced off at all this season?

215- Ill take Whitlock P over Tanner in the semi's, Whitlock was dominating 7-0 in the MWC finals before he got stuck. Has Whitlock wrestled Shultheiss this yr?

Who are Greens 4 losses too?

He lost 2 matches at 189 giving up about 25lbs. to the Nethercutt kid from Pioneer and Benton Central's kid 5-2. He lost one match at 171 losing to a River Forrest kid. His one loss at 160 was to a very good kid from South Bend Clay. He does have some impressive wins, winning the Hoosier Conference Championship at 160, and quality wins over Indianapolis Pike, Martinsville, Fort Wayne Wayne, Terre Haute North and others. He is a very strong kid and is finally in good wrestling shape. Hopefully both Green and Hileman will make it to the finals. Should be a great match. I'll take Green!

Johnson or williams would give him a match Tech or pin everybody...  i dont think so

At 119  Preston will walk through this one without a doubt. I know there are some good wrestlers at 119 but stress the word "good" Preston is truly at another level.   

Seedings Top 2:

103:

Ozzie Herrera SN 28-3 MWC Champ

Derek Bershire C 28-10

112:

Blake Denton TL 35-1 Conf Champ

Cole Nilson C 33-5 MWC Champ

119:

Brandon Preston L 32-3

Justin Johnson P 33-10 MWC Champ

125:

Dillan Rehn WC 35-3 MWC Champ

Gabe Welch LC 23-6

130:

Robert Hartley W 29-5 MWC Champ

Logan Baldini L 27-6

135:

Wil Holloway C 37-1 MWC Champ

Jeffrey Martin RC 26-4

140:

Aaron Wagoner P 43-1 MWC Champ

Travis Bannon NW 30-6

145:

Owen Dorris P 31-4 MWC Champ

Graham Redweik C 33-5

152:

Robert Whaley SN 29-2 MWC CHamp

Chris Espinosa L 32-4

160:

Tyler Hileman NW 31-1 MWC Champ/MVW

Michael Green RC 25-4

171:

Christian Winkle TL 35-1

Dalton Christenen L 30-7

189:

Nate Nethercutt P 26-4

215:

HWT:

Jordan Culp WC 19-3

John Mangum P 36-6 MWC Champ

Espinosa also conference champ, new castle's  152 conner mullins wrestled up at 160 for better team results

189- Why didnt Nethercut wrestle at MWC?? Have these 2 faced off at all this season?

215- Ill take Whitlock P over Tanner in the semi's, Whitlock was dominating 7-0 in the MWC finals before he got stuck. Has Whitlock wrestled Shultheiss this yr?

Nethercutt had an injury, but he already beat masters this year like 6-4 something within 2-3 pts

shultheiss stuck whitlock he got caught in a headlock

According to Devildog no one else has a shot of winning any of the wieght classes unless you wrestle in the MWC.  Someone should tell Logansport, Rensselaer and Twin Lakes not to even show up. According to Devildog NW should be ranked #1 in the state by all of his posts.  Even though they wrestle 3 teams 3 times and 2 other teams twice so 46.4% of thier wins if I'm not mistaking are from the same teams ???

According to Devildog no one else has a shot of winning any of the wieght classes unless you wrestle in the MWC.  Someone should tell Logansport, Rensselaer and Twin Lakes not to even show up. According to Devildog NW should be ranked #1 in the state by all of his posts.  Even though they wrestle 3 teams 3 times and 2 other teams twice so 46.4% of thier wins if I'm not mistaking are from the same teams ???

The MWC has a top 2 wrestler in EVERY weight class except 171. The MWC has 10 number 1 seeds & 8 number 2 seeds. Those numbers speak for themselves.  :)

I dont think NW should be ranked #1, not at all. I think NW is a very good team and there season proves that. Could they compete with power houses like Crown point. merriville, Bellmont, Yorktown... the answer is no. But this is the kind of season that establishes a solid wrestling program. NW has come a very long way over the last 5-10 yrs and I am very proud of what they have accomplished this yr, but it seems like everybody is just  hating on them. Why is it so hard to say hey u know what NW had a great season this yr I think I will give them a little RESPECT.  

ha its whatever though I kinda like the taste of HATERADE  ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.