Twin Lakes Sectional

Bomber

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sectional is made of all MWC teams with TL, Lewis Cass, Renns & Logansport I dont really know anything about LC, Logan, or Renns so here r my picks

103- Herrera SN

112-  Denton TL

Nilson  CAS

Innman NW

119- Johnson PIO

Williams NW

Douglas TL

125- Rehn  WC

130 - Hartley WIN  

135- Holloway CAS

140 - Wagoner PIO  

Hardesty TL

Bannon NW

145- Dorris PIO

Caston Kid

Hileman NW

152- Whaley SN

160- T. Hileman NW

171- Winkle TL

189 - Masters WC

215- Pioneer 215

Tanner WC

HWT- Open

Okay who will win team wise???

It seems like this year the team winner is really up in the air...i don't know how strong Logansport is. From the many of the duals i have seen this year many of the teams seem pretty close. It could come down to what team brings it next Saturday.

Okay who will win team wise???

Team Records: * All records taken from Indianamat Records & Results

NW: 25-4

WC: 12-7

TL: 12-7

C: 9-9

Logan: 7-4

W: 6-8

Renns: 6-11

LC: 4-4

P: 4-8

SN: 0-7

F: 0-10

Logansport is the biggest school here and they are the defending sectional champions. I think that Logan, NW, TL, & WC all have a legit shot at winning this sectional. No team is a clear favorite, head to head I would take NW but this is not a head to head event. It all comes down to WRESTLE BACKS whoever can win the most matches in the WB will win the TL sectional. Should be a very good day of wrestling with lots of exciting matches

Logansport is the clear favorite in either a dual meet or tournament format.

I dont think that statement is true at all

NW & Logan have not faced off this yr but they have faced a similar opponent in North Judson

NW Beat NJ 66-16 & Logan beat NJ 69-6 pretty similar scores. I think NW could hold there own against logan and wouldnt be surprised at all if the vikings won in a dual meet.

Man, I hate to sound negative, but this has to be one of the weakest sectionals in the state.  It even seems weaker this year than last couple of years.  Strength of schedule goes to Logan.  Best record goes to North White.  Would love a school like North White to pull in a sectional championship, but gotta give it to Logansport.  Not really going to matter though.  There are like 7 teams in the Lafayette Jeff sectional that would beat the Twin Lakes Sectional champ.    

LOGAN CAME IN SECOND AT TWIN LAKES INVITE, BEAT DELPHI BY 2 POINTS, DELPHI DID NOT HAVE LYNDE OR BROWN. NORTH WHITE DID NOT WIN THEIR CONF. MEET LAST WEEK, i THINK THEY ONLY HAD `1  CHAMP.LOGAN WINS THIS SECT. EITHER FORMAT SORRY DEVILDOG

NW has beaten WC 3 times this season by atleast 10+ points in each dual. If u r giving Logan the #1 then you have to give NW the #2. They have beaten every sectional oppoennet they have faced.

Now let me say first that I am a firm believer that Logansport will win this sectional easily. As for North White beating every sectional opponent they have faced may be true, but a little misleading. For example, North White and Rensselaer actually tied from the results I saw and that was with Rensselaer just coming out of semi-state football and most of their kids having the bare minimum of practices. My point is congrats North White on a great season, but there will be several teams that have vastly improved throughout the season and the schedule has a whole lot to do with it. Also kids adjusting to their correct weight classes. It should be a war for second place. Good luck to all!

NW & Logan have not faced off this yr but they have faced a similar opponent in North Judson

NW Beat NJ 66-16 & Logan beat NJ 69-6 pretty similar scores. I think NW could hold there own against logan and wouldnt be surprised at all if the vikings won in a dual meet.

Judson had about 5 kids total in their line up when NW faced them.  They were missing at least 2 of their better kids.  The berries roll.

NORTH WHITE DID NOT WIN THEIR CONF. MEET LAST WEEK, i THINK THEY ONLY HAD `1  CHAMP.LOGAN WINS THIS SECT. EITHER FORMAT SORRY DEVILDOG

The amount of Champs has nothing to do with it. Pioneer had the most MWC champs with 4 and came in 5th place. If I remember correctly Iowa won the national championship a few yrs ago without any Champs. The point is that it all comes down to the WRESTLE BACKS. Which ever team has the better day in the consolation matches will win this sectional. Ill bet that the team with the most Champs does not win the sectional.

Should be a great day of wrestling saturday, very excited to see how the cookie crumbles

GO VIKINGS!

The amount of Champs has nothing to do with it. Pioneer had the most MWC champs with 4 and came in 5th place. If I remember correctly Iowa won the national championship a few yrs ago without any Champs. The point is that it all comes down to the WRESTLE BACKS. Which ever team has the better day in the consolation matches will win this sectional. Ill bet that the team with the most Champs does not win the sectional.

Should be a great day of wrestling saturday, very excited to see how the cookie crumbles

GO VIKINGS!

Logan won't have many in the wrestle backs.

Here are the results according to the seeds.  The breakdown for points in each wieght class according to seed 1st-16  2nd-12  3rd-9  4th-7  5th-5  6th-3

1st  Logansport 92 points

2nd Pioneer 91

3rd  Twin Lakes 80

4th  West Central 78

5th  Lewis Cass 74

6th  Caston 71

6th  North White 71

8th Rensselaer 63

9th Winamac 56

10th South Newton 42

11th Frontier 10

Devildog47959:  After seeing both teams wrestle, I hate to break it to you but Logansport would roll with an easy victory over the Vikings 51-19. 

Logan will win this sectional easy, and Brandon Preston will Tech or Pin his way through the 119 bracket.

I will agree with you on your first prediction that Logan will win sectional but Preston Tech or Pinning his way through I don't believe will happen.  Thier are some very good 119 pounders in the Twin Lakes Sectional and I am sure someone will give him a good match.  I maybe wrong but that is just my gut feeling.  GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.