Who is this years sleeper pick???

ontherise219

I believe South Bend Riley's Nathan Coddens at 171 has a chance at making to to state.

I completely agree. Coddens is a solid wrestler. I predict him to be a sectional and regional champ and possibly place in the top 4 in the merrillville SS!  ::)

Harris 215lbs from Northwest lost in the ticket round to state last year as a HWT, he took off 45lbs and is at 215lbs  this year and is dangerous. Have not heard from him since the city tourney, but if he is still out there he's tough although not sure who he has wrestled other than Bernard. He did get Bernard early in the year as a freshman, but if anyone knows anything else about him this year then please post.

I think I'm going to go with #18 Adam Garcia Merrillville. Garcia has been as high as #4 in the rankings and when he us on I think he can wrestle with the best in the state. Unranked I will go with Colton Saroff CP 112 is very tough at merrillville but Saroff is a very tough kid Garcia and Saroff 2 sleeper picks for medals

• 2 weeks later...

I believe South Bend Riley's Nathan Coddens at 171 has a chance at making to to state.

I think you are right.  However, it's only because 171 is having a once-in-quarter-century historically weak group at Merrillville.  That isn't Coddens fault.  It is a fact, though.

Montgomery won his regional.  Has a tough ticket round match, but he will continue his run in this state tournament.

I agree that he could do it.  Also don't count out Jerald thompson from brownsburg. He beat Wilson, and gave Montgomery all he could handle in the finals. I think they Will both do well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.