state champion coaches who have ......

sneaker

David Maldonado was a state champion at east Chicago. Has coached Wesley English, Javier Salas, Dexter Larimore and Jamal Lawrence. Also I believe he is the only coach to have coached two NHSWCA champions in Larimore and Lawrence.

Did Geoff Glogas ever wrestle Lance Ellis?

Yes, Cathedral and Jay County used to wrestle in a mid season dual, believe it or not. And, I remember Geoff and Lance wrestling in the old Cathedral gym. And, though my memory is a little shaky with details, I remember it being a very close match for Lance's standards late into the 3rd before he caught Glogas in his lateral. The only reason I remember this match is because it was one of the first times Lance was tested in his junior season. Something I hadn't witnessed before.

Geoff was a very tough wrestler and worked very hard.  Not saying no one else did.  He was just such a tough kid and cant believe he only won 1 state championship.  Wrestlingguru who would know the score of that match.  Also ther was a wrestler from beech grove that Geoff would wrestle from Beech Grove that was awsome to see everytime they wrestled.  Always went to the wire.

David Maldonado was a state champion at east Chicago. Has coached Wesley English, Javier Salas, Dexter Larimore and Jamal Lawrence. Also I believe he is the only coach to have coached two NHSWCA champions in Larimore and Lawrence.

David Maldonado was also a national champion in 1994 for EC Central

1. I think the Glogas - Ellis match ended in a 3rd period fall. I believe it was a 3 or 4 point lead at the time though. The match certainly wasn't out of contention at time of the fall.

2. Beech Grove wrestler was most likely Paul Sullivan. He was arguably one of the best wrestlers in Indiana history not to win it. He took Lance to a few very close matches in Lance's senior year. 

Just to clarify the Glogas-Ellis match.  It couldn't have been Ellis' junior year because he was @ 112lbs. and Glogas was always 98lbs.  So it would have had to been Ellis' freshman season Glogas' sophmore year, cause Glogas was a year older than Lance I believe.

I am going to go ahead and say that Ellis and Glogas didn't wrestle. I am pretty confident that it did not happen. Geoff was always a 98 until 87-88 when they switched to the new weight classes. Then he wrestled his senior year at 103. If they wrestled it would have to had been in 85-86 season during Ellis' freshmen year.  just don't remember it happening and I think I would.

1. I think the Glogas - Ellis match ended in a 3rd period fall. I believe it was a 3 or 4 point lead at the time though. The match certainly wasn't out of contention at time of the fall.

2. Beech Grove wrestler was most likely Paul Sullivan. He was arguably one of the best wrestlers in Indiana history not to win it. He took Lance to a few very close matches in Lance's senior year.   

Sullivan never wrestled 98. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.