215: Mofield NC

285: Hill  MC

Team:

1. New Castle

2. Huntington North

3. Kokomo

4.Logansport

5. Marion

obviously you don't know the NCC rules, Peck didn't bypass any rule, the teams are allowed to change lineup at weighins, there were many subs today for multiple teams. peck knows the rules and how to use them to his advantage.

Just because it's allowable by the rules doesn't make it ethical.........

I'm not trying to pick a fight, and I apologize if it came off that way.

My point is, if every coach took his guy that he knew was unbeatable and just stuck him in on Saturday morning, it really hurts the entire process of seeding. It is not fair to the wrestlers or the teams.

For all I know, Mullins was hurt or he might have been doubtful for Saturday, and it is no big deal.

I just thought it was odd.

i can give you what i know.  from NC side.  NC won at 119  125  140  and 160  2nd place at 103  112 145 152 and 215.  hope that helps.  back to Pech.  the rule state if you have an unseated wrestler you may replace any of you seated wrestlers with that wrestler. it is down to a chess match at this point.  Rex didn't get over 800 wins by being stupid and not knowing how to play the game.  good luck to all the young men a women starting this week of sectionals.  hope all your dreams come true.  and you will only get as fair as the work you have put in.  Good luck

When is it ok for a person sitting in the corner chair coach or not to tell his wrestler to "Ball tag and head lock" the other wrestler?  it could be heard on the track in the field house.  Nice move MC.  sorry you still lost!

i can give you what i know.  from NC side.  NC won at 119  125  140  and 160  2nd place at 103  112 145 152 and 215.  hope that helps.  back to Pech.  the rule state if you have an unseated wrestler you may replace any of you seated wrestlers with that wrestler. it is down to a chess match at this point.  Rex didn't get over 800 wins by being stupid and not knowing how to play the game.  good luck to all the young men a women starting this week of sectionals.  hope all your dreams come true.  and you will only get as fair as the work you have put in.  Good luck

While 800 wins is a great accomplishment, it is sad to me that he uses loopholes in the rule book to to gain an unfair advantage over the other teams in the conference.  There is legal and there is ethical. While what he does is legal, it is not ethical.  By manipulating the seatings as he does, he is showing his wrestlers that 'win at all costs' is acceptable and sportsmanship and fairness take a back seat.  When an opposing coach was approached by the NC athletic director and the ethics of this 'situation' was brought up, he got very quiet and quickly changed the subject.  To me, that says it all.

While 800 wins is a great accomplishment, it is sad to me that he uses loopholes in the rule book to to gain an unfair advantage over the other teams in the conference.  There is legal and there is ethical. While what he does is legal, it is not ethical.  By manipulating the seatings as he does, he is showing his wrestlers that 'win at all costs' is acceptable and sportsmanship and fairness take a back seat.  When an opposing coach was approached by the NC athletic director and the ethics of this 'situation' was brought up, he got very quiet and quickly changed the subject.  To me, that says it all.

I do hope that this statement is not misread as an attack on the coach or AD because it is not intended to be. The way it was written it could come off sounding like that.  So, if I offended anyone with my prior post, it was unintentional.  My point was high school sports programs in general have put winning first and foremost, but have lost sight of the spirit and sportsmanship their programs are supposed to instill in their athletes. 

Hahahah you people have no clue, I have personally witnessed Rex purposely sit his better wrestlers to make for a beter tourney.  I have seen the greatest of sportsmanship from Mr. Peckingpaugh.  I must say at least his wrestlers come to wrestle.  I won't mention names but I've seen persons from other teams come to wrestle  NC and just try to keep matches close in hopes of winning in the last few seconds.  That is a strategy and a pretty good one and its within the rules.  No one complains, they root for the undredog and thats ok.  But when you roll up in a ball and wrestle the out of bounds line and stall in hopes of a last minute take down its all within the rules and everyone cheers the one who has just stayed in the match and not done anything.  That wrestler may win and be considered a hero, but in reality everyone looks at it and never complains.  While the individual who has done all the work gets the shaft.  So in short Rex is doing what is necessary within the rules to win and besides  "SUCCESS BREEDS ENEMIES" and  this is TOURNAMENT TIME!

I do hope that this statement is not misread as an attack on the coach or AD because it is not intended to be. The way it was written it could come off sounding like that.  So, if I offended anyone with my prior post, it was unintentional.  My point was high school sports programs in general have put winning first and foremost, but have lost sight of the spirit and sportsmanship their programs are supposed to instill in their athletes.  

What else would it come off as?  It would either come off as an attack, or a stupid comment, and I am offended by neither coming from someone hiding bhind a user name.

Rex Peckinpaugh  

I am not sure if the NC AD or any of the NCC schools would know enough about the 'situation' to make an educated  response, so him not commenting or changing the subject was in his best interest. I do not think the New Castle AD would condone an 'unethical' move by Coach Peckinpaugh. I would think no response at all or a response of not knowing the full rules of the situation was best.

Rex,

I was at home with my one year old and my nine-month pregnant wife. I think you have me mistaken for someone else.

I am sorry for the way things blew up, but I still stand by my statement that if you intentionally don't seed a top wrestler who is not injured, it is unethical .

Rex,

I was at home with my one year old and my nine-month pregnant wife. I think you have me mistaken for someone else.

I am sorry for the way things blew up, but I still stand by my statement that if you intentionally don't seed a top wrestler who is not injured, it is unethical .

I am sorry I had you confused with someone else.  Maybe the guy will figure out it was him.  I think I have always thought that you were the Assistant from HN that always acts so arrogant.  Since yiou are not I have a better opinion of you now.  Anyway, I wish you well with the pregnancy and hope you have a very healthy baby and Mom stays healthy as well.

I do think one would have a hard time judging as ethical or unethical something they know nothing about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.