119 rankings question....

sneaker

i think i can answer my own question after reviewing records it seems to me venezia has more credible wins and losses with top 119lbrs. so therefore fourth ranking is good. go mike venezia. sorry if i have offended anyone. all i was asking is how do these rankings work

let me begin by saying that this is a very good question, because 119 is a weight class where #4-16 are all so close and only separated by a few points all the way down.  that said, the venezia jump over mcginley came more due to farrell than anything else.  i really like farrell's 4-1 win over chandler carroll, that's a dominating performance over a really good wrestler.  also, farrell gave petrov everything he wanted last year in the state quarterfinals.  mcginley is sort of an unproven commodity here at 119.  i know he has some solid iswa results, but he's never qualified for a state tournament, and although he's got a great practice partner in dominique price, the arsenal tech strength of schedule has to come into play when making a decision like this also.  for me, it was farrell that jumped mcginley, and venezia has that win over farrell and wrestled campbell a very tight 3-1 match this weekend so moving him ahead of mcginley as well made sense to me.  hope this gives you a little insight into my thought process, b/c like i said #4-16 at 119 are all so close and this is one weight that has changed a lot as the season has gone on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.