Sign in to follow this  
bbulldog152

State champion with most losses?

I'm sure this has been asked before but I was thinking about this because every year there's a hand full of qualifiers with double digit losses. I know of some champs with 3 losses recently but who had the most and what was there record?

Hector Mendez  5 losses, Tshisrt beat him the year before for 1st place.

Jake obrien 215  had 4 losses his junior year and i think they all came from Nate Moore 189

Hector Mendez  5 losses, Tshisrt beat him the year before for 1st place.

Jake obrien 215  had 4 losses his junior year and i think they all came from Nate Moore 189

O'Brien lost to Moore, twice.  The other 2 losses were SS defaults.  I think I remember him being sick or having mono.  It set up a match up on Friday night with Bauhman(sp?) of Portage, who was the next best kid in the weight class.

According to the bible of Indiana wrestling, Echoes of the Elder, Pete Knecht of Huntington North was the 1994 145 lb. state champ with a record of 32-6.

Following are right behind:

Jeff Tuttle, Delta, 31-5 at 132 lbs. in 1987

Rob Pavletic, Hobart, 30-5 at 160 lbs. in 1989

Fred Joseph, Portage, 46-5 at 152 lbs. in 1999

Hector Mendez, E.C. Central, 48-5 at 125 lbs. in 2002.

T. A. E.'s book goes up to 2002 so there may have been more since then.

Robert Miller--LN--1993--36 wins and 6 losses

Pete Knecht--Huntington North--1994--32 wins and 6 losses

Oops.....I missed Miller.

don't know his record, but rumor was he had a lossing record going into the sectional.  But won state, for bloomington.  John Gillesipie 1971.  Maybe someone knows his record.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.