Adams County Allstar team

SWwrestling

With move-ins and transfers being a big topic right now it got me wondering... what if Adams County would produce a lineup from the 3 area schools. How would this lineup match up with the other top notch teams right now?

103- Adam Cook (AC)

112 - L.J. Moser (SA)

119-  Derek Roe (AC)

125- Todd Batt (SA)

130- Josh Schwartz (AC)

135- Gabe Sprunger (SA)

140- Brooks Faurote (BEL)

145- Zeke Schultz (AC)

152- Jarod Schwartz (AC)

160- Josh Ehr (SA)

171- Ryley Hankenson (BEL)

189- Brad Busse (BEL)

215 - Travis Thatcher (BEL)

285 - Daniel Meyer (BEL)

Pretty solid lineup with some good challenge matches at some weight classes.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it would reduce administrative, busing, and building maintenance costs. I'm surprised Mitch isn't drawing up plans already.

dont give that man any more ideas.. sheesh....

There was a big round of consolidating in the 60's and 70's because of so many sub 100 student schools. Now that's rare except in the hills of southern Indiana. The Adams County schools are all good schools and their size works for them, consolidating doesn't make sense as long as people are willing to pay to have their small schools with good academics. I have hope they won't jump on the Republican bandwagon of "spend less regardless of the consequences!"

There was a big round of consolidating in the 60's and 70's because of so many sub 100 student schools. Now that's rare except in the hills of southern Indiana. The Adams County schools are all good schools and their size works for them, consolidating doesn't make sense as long as people are willing to pay to have their small schools with good academics. I have hope they won't jump on the Republican bandwagon of "spend less regardless of the consequences!"

Bellmont (Decatur Yellow Jackets, Decatur Catholic Commodores, Monmouth Eagles)

Adams Central (Kirkland Kangaroos, Monroe Bearcats, Pleasant Mills Spartans)

South Adams (Berne Bears, Geneva Cardinals, Hartford Twshp. Gorillas, Jefferson Twshp. Warriors)

are all, in fact, consolidations in themselves.

As are most current schools in the state. They were extremely small and kept being consolidated into their current size. We could keep consolidating so every county has only 1 school, that would save a lot of money.

My dad wrestled and played baseball for the Yellow Jackets, he was kind of sad to see it tor down after the consolidation.

As are most current schools in the state. They were extremely small and kept being consolidated into their current size. We could keep consolidating so every county has only 1 school, that would save a lot of money.

My dad wrestled and played baseball for the Yellow Jackets, he was kind of sad to see it tor down after the consolidation.

I think from a financial point of view having 2 single A high schools 5 miles apart makes no sense. This would affect my sons personally and I would understand if they would merge South Adams and Adams Central.

The good thing is with South Adams just building a new school and Adams Central building on to their school, I don't see them consolidating anytime in the near future. But with the tradition of wrestling in Adams County, a one county school could be a state contender year in and year out I would think. Bellmont is and has been the leader of building a strong wrestling program but with AC and SA chasing them. It is only making the quality of wrestling in adams county that much stronger!

I would take the Adams County All-Stars at

119-#15 Roe

125-#13 Batt

152-#2 Ehr

160-#19 Mahlan

171-#4 Hankenson

189-#8 Busse

215-#3 Thatcher

285-#1 Meyer

Crown Point winning

103-Fuqua

130-Halsted

135-Fuqua

140-Tsirtsis

145-Roach

112 as a tossup, but leaning CP's way?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.