Schools not in a conference

AJ

I was wondering how many wrestling schools in Indiana do not belong to a conference.  I know the 3 remaining schools of the former Olympic Conference are not in a conference anymore: Connersville, Jay County and Muncie Southside.

Are there other schools that do not belong to a conference?  If so, who?

Indian Creek, Triton Central and Milan are all in the same football conference, but do not have a wrestling conference  championship due to the 3 other schools not having wrestling teams.

Teams without wrestling programs in our conference.

North Decatur

South Decatur

Edinburg

Indian Creek, Triton Central and Milan are all in the same football conference, but do not have a wrestling conference  championship due to the 3 other schools not having wrestling teams.

Teams without wrestling programs in our conference.

North Decatur

South Decatur

Edinburg

Milan is a member of the Southern Indiana Wrestling Conference (SIWC). This is a strictly a wrestling conference established for schools that belong to general conferences that do not have enough wrestling programs within their established conferences to support a conference wrestling tournament. Schools included are?

Charlestown, Anderson, Milan, Paoli, Southwestern (Hanover), Forest Park, Mitchell, Scottsburg, New Washington, Christian Academy, Eastern (Pekin), Oldenburg Academy, Providence, Crawford County, and Salem

The conference tournament was held this past Saturday at Southwestern (Hanover). Broad range across the southern part of the state, east central region to southwestern region.

Milan is a member of the Southern Indiana Wrestling Conference (SIWC). This is a strictly a wrestling conference established for schools that belong to general conferences that do not have enough wrestling programs within their established conferences to support a conference wrestling tournament. Schools included are?

Charlestown, Anderson, Milan, Paoli, Southwestern (Hanover), Forest Park, Mitchell, Scottsburg, New Washington, Christian Academy, Eastern (Pekin), Oldenburg Academy, Providence, Crawford County, and Salem

The conference tournament was held this past Saturday at Southwestern (Hanover). Broad range across the southern part of the state, east central region to southwestern region.

Anderson??

I heard the SIWC will be turning into the Southern Indiana Tournament of Champions in the near future.  Maybe next year???  I am not sure why or exactly who wanted the name change, but I don't think it matters.  Some of the schools, such as Charlestown and Scottsburg, are in the Mid Southern Conference already.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.