Questions for TAE or other historians or "older" wrestlers

AJ

I recieved a Bellmont Wrestling Program booklet today.  It was of course an awesome book with a lot of information.  As I was looking at the career wins list I noticed that they had wrestlers with some ties on their records.  My question is this:

How were ties scored during a dual?  Did neither team recieve points? Did both get 3 points?  And when did we change the rules to where there could be no ties in matches anymore?

In matches, there was overtime in tournaments where you had to have a winner for advancement purposes.  I can remember calling matches in a sectional where there were 3 overtime periods wrestled just like the regulation match.  If it was still tied at the end of the 9 minutes, the referee (and there were no asst. refs then) had to decide who he thought was the better wrestler.  You don't think that didn't cause some uproars?  Sheesh.....  The outcome would be stated as, "Winning by referee's decision.......".

I recieved a Bellmont Wrestling Program booklet today.  It was of course an awesome book with a lot of information.  As I was looking at the career wins list I noticed that they had wrestlers with some ties on their records.  My question is this:

How were ties scored during a dual?  Did neither team recieve points? Did both get 3 points?  And when did we change the rules to where there could be no ties in matches anymore?

That is a sweet book...look at the team of 2001. You will spot a good looking littlevito...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.