MWC Coach of the Year

devildog47959

MWC Coach of the Year:

This usually goes to the coach of the winning team. This yr should be a tight race between NW & Pioneer with WC being a dark horse.

I think hands down North White head coach Jerry Holeman has to be MWC coach of the year & NOT because I?m a NW alum, but because of what Jerry has accomplished this season.  Even if I wasn't a NW fan I would look at what Holeman has accomplished this year and ask myself who has done a better job improving there team from last season.  I have known Jerry for many years & he is a big reason I?m the man I am today. He is a former Marine & a Dessert Storm War  Vet. He is also an Indiana State Police Detective. Jerry's not only a great role model but a great coach. He has been at NW for some very rough seasons & has never lost hope. He has taken a team who used to average a handful of wins a yr and if we broke 10 we felt like we had a Great season to breaking almost all of NW wrestling records this yr.

NW has had the best season in school history, currently 23-4 overall right now, the previous best record was 20 wins.  NW also won the NW invite for the 1st time in as long as I can recall, the Caston Invite, & the Twin Lakes Invite for the 1st time in NW school history. I think he is very deserving of the MWC COY Honor. I just hope the other coaches in the MWC feel the same way. The MWC has some excellent coaches & I?m not taking anything away from the Pioneer, Winamac, WC, or any of the other coaches, but if you look at this season and where Jerry has taken NW this yr it?s a no brainer.

-Tony Marquez

Come on man, this post couldn't have gone in the MWC WRESTLING thread?  There's too much MWC talk on this board as it is.  How many state qualifiers will the mighty MWC get this year?

Your right it could have, but the MWC COY award is a great honor and deff deserves its own thread. You r quite the Hater of the MWC may I ask why?? Who did the rankings guy wrestle for in HS? I bet u have a lot of love for your former conference too. As far as SQ goes I think we have a legit shot at getting 4 kids to conseco this year. Here r my predictions

NW- Hileman

Pioneer-  Wagoner & Dorris

Caston- Halloway

Not bad at all considering the MWC is made up of ALL 1A teams with the exception of Winamac.

Your right it could have, but the MWC COY award is a great honor and deff deserves its own thread. You r quite the Hater of the MWC may I ask why?? Who did the rankings guy wrestle for in HS? I bet u have a lot of love for your former conference too. As far as SQ goes I think we have a legit shot at getting 4 kids to conseco this year. Here r my predictions

NW- Hileman

Caston- Halloway

Not bad at all considering the MWC is made up of ALL 1A teams with the exception of Winamac.

My former conference no longer exists, and no I have no love for the conference that my school participates in as it is awful, but not nearly as awful as the MWC.  I was in attendance today at the best conference in Region, the DAC.

Will you be at the State Finals?  If so, I'd love to wager a shaved ice that the MWC gets no state qualifiers this year.

NW- Hileman

Caston- Halloway

Winamac is 1A now.

My former conference no longer exists, and no I have no love for the conference that my school participates in as it is awful, but not nearly as awful as the MWC.  I was in attendance today at the best conference in Region, the DAC.

Will you be at the State Finals?  If so, I'd love to wager a shaved ice that the MWC gets no state qualifiers this year.

Well im all about LOYALTY and will always be a MWC fan & supporter whether we are the best wrestling conference in the state or the worst.

As far as the state finals goes I am sad to say this will be my 4th consecutive and last trip to conseco that I will miss! I will be getting out of the Marines in October & cant wait to finally be in attendance for next years state finals! I would love to wager a shaved ice that the MWC has at least 1 SQ this year! My brother will b there so maybe u can buy him a shaved ice at conseco on behalf of me winning the bet ;)

Well, this is high school wrestling, so let's make this high school easy.

Single A schools have an average of about 300-400 kids if they're lucky. Not every kid plays sports. That leaves most of the teams with pretty small numbers. When you have an entire conference made of similar schools, you aren't afforded the same opportunites as others.

Sure, if all the MWC schools had enrollments in the thousands, there'd be a much better chance of sending state qualifiers. But I'm sure you knew that.

I don't understand why you harbor such resentment for the MWC. Most of the time when similar teams go head to head, it generates excitement. You must just be a horse of a different color :)

I'm also sorry to hear that your schools conference collapsed. It must not have been worth much either. The MWC is still around, though. Hm. Kinda makes you think, eh?

But, hey, at least you could jump on a new bandwagon!

Come on man, this post couldn't have gone in the MWC WRESTLING thread?  There's too much MWC talk on this board as it is.  How many state qualifiers will the mighty MWC get this year?

I'm pretty sure Indianamat was made for wrestling fans to read blogs and post new threads to whatever their liking may be. It doesn't say that every thread must be about Penn or crown point or whoever. I believe anyone has the option to make a post about whatever topic they want there is no limit.

Weather it's a big conference or a smaller conference, at the end of the day wrestling is still wrestling and it's a sport we all love. I've sacrificed blood sweat and tears in the MWC, I will remain loyal forever nonetheless.

It may he on a different level than that wrestling of up north, but it's still wrestling. We don't have the numbers so of course were not going to have the same number of SSQ OR SQ. it's just how it goes, but the ones we do get, you can't take that away from the kids who have worked hard, went to camps and tried their personal best to make it there. That's not fair. I'm pretty sure Dorris and Hileman have a great shot at making it to conseco, possibly even wagoner as well. All three kids coming from 1a schools with tiny wrestling rooms with little support but they do it because they love it and get out of what they put in. Do NOT take that away from them.

On another note, my vote for coach of the year goes to Jerry Holeman. He deserves it. That is all I have to say about that.

MWC Coach of the Year:

This usually goes to the coach of the winning team. This yr should be a tight race between NW & Pioneer with WC being a dark horse.

I think hands down North White head coach Jerry Holeman has to be MWC coach of the year & NOT because I?m a NW alum, but because of what Jerry has accomplished this season.  Even if I wasn't a NW fan I would look at what Holeman has accomplished this year and ask myself who has done a better job improving there team from last season.  I have known Jerry for many years & he is a big reason I?m the man I am today. He is a former Marine & a Dessert Storm War  Vet. He is also an Indiana State Police Detective. Jerry's not only a great role model but a great coach. He has been at NW for some very rough seasons & has never lost hope. He has taken a team who used to average a handful of wins a yr and if we broke 10 we felt like we had a Great season to breaking almost all of NW wrestling records this yr.

NW has had the best season in school history, currently 23-4 overall right now, the previous best record was 20 wins.  NW also won the NW invite for the 1st time in as long as I can recall, the Caston Invite, & the Twin Lakes Invite for the 1st time in NW school history. I think he is very deserving of the MWC COY Honor. I just hope the other coaches in the MWC feel the same way. The MWC has some excellent coaches & I?m not taking anything away from the Pioneer, Winamac, WC, or any of the other coaches, but if you look at this season and where Jerry has taken NW this yr it?s a no brainer.

-Tony Marquez

And my vote goes to Devildog for Spreading the word on the MWC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.