toughest conference in the state

Something else worth noting may be which conference is the toughest at each weight class.

Is it too simple to say this question would be answered by figuring out which conference has the most ranked kids in each weight class?  

Without doing the work, leading contenders would be Conference Indiana and Duneland.

The D.A.C. doesn't seem as strong this year as in the past , looks like C.P. will probably run away with the tourney title with half the team not even ranked. Ayresman looks to be one of the studs with Quioz and Berry being crowned champ , everything else looks like C.P. .

Hoosier Crossroads Conference

Avon

Brownsburg

Fishers

Hamilton Southeastern

Lafayette Harrison

Lafayette Jeff

McCutcheon

Noblesville

Westfield

Zionsville

Not a ton of ranked wrestlers, but pretty much all of the schools are very competitive with each other.

Also, 4 of these schools won Sectionals last year.

with all the conference tournaments coming up in the next few weeks i was wondering which one is the best.

IMO, I honestly think that the best conference tourney that have kids place at the state meet is the MIC. Also there are alot of kids that wrestle do well individually.

IPSAC on Friday, January 21, 2011 @ Washington HS start time 5:00pm

Arlington

Tech-Price and McGinley should go to the State meet!!!

Broad Ripple

Howe-great core kids 

Manual-Perez's brothers

Northwest-Caldwell, Harris, Claypool

Washington-Medez is a sleeper

Attucks-for some reason they do not participate in the tourney (Robert Hawthrone should qualify for the state meet with 1 loss  on his record)

In the Fort Wayne Semi-state you have to go with the NHC.  I wouldn't say that it is the best in the state, but I would say it is in the area.  I always thought it was pretty cool that a couple of years ago all of the teams in the conference qualified for team regionals (when they took tw teams out per sectional).

Having conference teams winning multiple sectionals is a good accomplishment.  However, in many conference the teams are only split into 2  or 3 different sectional.  So the most possible teams from a conference could win would be 2 or 3 sectional titles in a given year. And also the level of competition involved would be a factor for both too.   So in some cases looking at just the factor of sectional titles may not tell the complete story on a conference.  And vis versa with trying to pick the toughest sectional by the most conference winners.  It again depends on how the conference and sectional split up is and the level of competition involved.

Cupcake Conference

Mary of the Woods

School for those who can't wrestle

Friedmont Forfeits

Buickel Byes

Two N Out High

Get Pinned Academy

Just to name a few.....

Sorry, I find parody in these "who is the best" threads. How bout we let Conseco decide? Whole lot easier......

Cupcake Conference

Mary of the Woods

Friedmont Forfeits

Buickel Byes

Two N Out High

Get Pinned Academy

Just to name a few.....

Sorry, I find parody in these "who is the best" threads. How bout we let Conseco decide? Whole lot easier......

conseco is NOT a conference tournament...next time try reading the topic subject so you arent so confused

Cupcake Conference

Mary of the Woods

Friedmont Forfeits

Buickel Byes

Two N Out High

Get Pinned Academy

Just to name a few.....

Then I guess we don't need the rankings.  Someone tell RG that he has been wasting his time since they are gonna figure this out at Conseco in few weeks.

conseco is NOT a conference tournament...next time try reading the topic subject so you arent so confused

Thank you ruff. I did read the topic and ALL of the replys. I understand CONSECO is a state tournament thats decides the BEST wrestlers and is not a conference tourney.

Maybe you could do some quick thinking and realize that the placers at state will tell us what conference is the best. Maybe you could do the math after STATE and calculate which conference has the most placers before you make arrogant and irrelevant posts directed at someone trying to inject a bit of humor on a thread. Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.