Ayersman gets hit for a team point

Mr. RIght

Lake Central and Muster tied for the championship at the Lake County tournament yesterday. I heard after Ayersmams finals match he got hit for a team point, and I just wanted to know if this was true? If that's true that's a huge point for LC since that point would of made them the overall tournament champs

We the officials could have called any number of unsportsmanlike penalties for having the singlet straps down yesterday, it has gotten ridiculous with these kids dropping their straps. It all comes from freestyle, and you hate to see it happen, but if these kids don't like their singlets go out for swimming! ;D

I gave a few wrestlers a warning, but it is getting ridiculous how many times it is happening. :'(

You don't want to see it happen but hopefully they will learn now and not in the sectional, regional or semi state. We don't go looking for it but if it happens in front of us we have to call it.  Live and Learn. ???

Jimtown , if that call were made it was wrong. Only team members or coaches can get a team point taken away. A fan or parent may be asked to leave but it doesn't cost the team anything but maybe a little embarrassment.

It was done at Jimtown and it was a friend of mine that caused it... After that he swore off yelling at anymore matches.

We the officials could have called any number of unsportsmanlike penalties for having the singlet straps down yesterday, it has gotten ridiculous with these kids dropping their straps. It all comes from freestyle, and you hate to see it happen, but if these kids don't like their singlets go out for swimming! ;D

I gave a few wrestlers a warning, but it is getting ridiculous how many times it is happening. :'(

You don't want to see it happen but hopefully they will learn now and not in the sectional, regional or semi state. We don't go looking for it but if it happens in front of us we have to call it.  Live and Learn. ???

This makes absolutely no  sense. "It all comes from freestyle"???  That is one of the most uneducated opinions I've ever read this site.

This makes absolutely no  sense. "It all comes from freestyle"???  That is one of the most uneducated opinions I've ever read this site.

Your wrong it is a rule and has been for a long long time, but yes most offcials are letting it go which is wrong because when it is called people get upset rightfully so since there is no consistantsy. Kids use to pull their singlet down in a rage after a match and its just a discilpline thing mostly, but now you tend to see it between bouts as kids walk from diffrent areas around the mat. As long as it's a rule it should be enforced consistantly so as not to confuse everyone, and not called every 7th time it happens.

The problem with this situation was that with 6 mats on the floor there really wasn't enough room. The rule says mat area I believe, so there really wasn't 10 ft around the mats to really enforce every infraction of the straps down rule. However this wasn't a side of the mat infraction. The wrestler in this situation after shaking his opponents hand then the opposing coaches hands dropped his straps and walked back across the mat to the opposite side directly in front of the officials.Most officials won't go looking to make this call when its off the mat but when its on the center of the championship mat,how do you not make that call. Kind of unfortunate but very avoidable situation.

The problem with this situation was that with 6 mats on the floor there really wasn't enough room. The rule says mat area I believe, so there really wasn't 10 ft around the mats to really enforce every infraction of the straps down rule. However this wasn't a side of the mat infraction. The wrestler in this situation after shaking his opponents hand then the opposing coaches hands dropped his straps and walked back across the mat to the opposite side directly in front of the officials.Most officials won't go looking to make this call when its off the mat but when its on the center of the championship mat,how do you not make that call. Kind of unfortunate but very avoidable situation.

Absolutly the call should have been made if thats the way it went down :-[

I'm not sure where the "every 7th time" thing is coming in.  If it happens in the wrestling area, it's penalized.  I've rarely seen an official turn a blind eye to it (not saying it doesn't happen).  It's always a point of emphasis.  Once kids are out of the wrestling area and back with their teams in the stands or whatever, of course it's not called.  I've seen COUNTLESS times when coaches quickly grab their kid as the first strap is coming off because EVERYONE knows this rule.  It was a mistake and I'm sure it won't happen again.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.