Refund

rebels4life

Here is what I am burning over.  The last few weeks I have driven to a gym to watch a good match between two good wrestlers, but to arrive and find out that they either missed weight, or have decided not to wrestle. I think if you really want this sport to take off, then its up to the coaches to give the fans what they want to see.  I can see if the kid is hurt, but to see a kid not wrestle someone then turn around and watch him wrestle the next match is b.s. You sit in the stands and watch this unfold. I have even been to a place seen the kid warm up, then for whatever reason decide not to wrestle. when i go to see Roncalli play Cathedral in football, I pay my money and know I am at least going to see these two teams play each other. But then i go to a  wrestling event, pay my money and take a gamble  that I just wasted $5.00, because these dudes are not going to wrestle.  My first thoughts are where is the coach because he owes me $5.00.  Wrestle the match, the fans want to see it.

Here is what I am burning over.  The last few weeks I have driven to a gym to watch a good match between two good wrestlers, but to arrive and find out that they either missed weight, or have decided not to wrestle. I think if you really want this sport to take off, then its up to the coaches to give the fans what they want to see.  I can see if the kid is hurt, but to see a kid not wrestle someone then turn around and watch him wrestle the next match is b.s. You sit in the stands and watch this unfold. I have even been to a place seen the kid warm up, then for whatever reason decide not to wrestle. when i go to see Roncalli play Cathedral in football, I pay my money and know I am at least going to see these two teams play each other. But then i go to a  wrestling event, pay my money and take a gamble  that I just wasted $5.00, because these dudes are not going to wrestle.  My first thoughts are where is the coach because he owes me $5.00.  Wrestle the match, the fans want to see it.

Did this to happen to you yesterday by chance?

WOW!    Is this a "PRANKED"  post, because you can't be serious!!!

I think you should personally e-mail all the coaches and ask before you spend your $5.  I am sure that they would all take the time to let you know, if you will get your dollars worth.  You are the only one they are concerned about.  Making sure you get your $$ worth.

In your world I would be able to get a refund for a movie that only showed the 5 good scene on the advertisements.

This is not PRO wrestling,  and these kids or the coaches are not getting this money.    If you truly are only going to watch 1 or 2 "good" matches not sure you are the type of fan that this sport needs.    There were GREAT MATCHES at Bellmont that involved non ranked kids that have worked there butts off all season and have pride in doing the best they can.

LIFE is NOT FAIR.   

I want a dollar refund from my lake county bracket that had empty brackets and was from Jan of 2010

what you mean to tell me you didn't like getting brackets with no names at all in them just blank brackets? I feel like it was a good way for me to use my imagination, just kidding those bracket books were a joke and they probably shouldnt of sold them

Maybe my $5.00 does not make a  difference, but when the sport does not generate a revenue the school might decide to get rid of the sport. I am not refering to Bellmont.  All I am saying its not good for the sport. It did not happen to us this past weekend it just appears to happen more often then some would like.

I believe the tournament you're looking for is the individual state finals. You will see all of the best wrestlers facing off against each other there. When it's a dual in the middle of the season, the coaches and wrestlers are going to do what is best for the team.

Refund? Refund?  I dreamed during my nap, that everyone I ever sold a wrestling ticket to came back for a refund. And there you were, handing out the fives! One for you, and one for you...

M It did not happen to us this past weekend it just appears to happen more often then some would like.

Why are you bringing it up NOW then? 

It doesn't matter if it was Bellmont or NOT!  You are missing great wrestling if you are so focused on that one or two good matches in your head.

Refund? Refund?  I dreamed during my nap, that everyone I ever sold a wrestling ticket to came back for a refund. And there you were, handing out the fives! One for you, and one for you...

great movie.

You may be happier with a switch to professional wrestling.

Just to clarify this whole post, my intent was not to strike a cord with coaches and parents. All i was trying to say was that ( ranking,seedings) and many other reasons hold kids back from wrestling good matches at times. I know some reasons are for strategy, but other reasons arent. Many kids talk up matches to their freinds all week, just for them to show up with disappointment, because the match is no longer taking place. I love all aspects of the sport, and i was not trying to mean that i wasted five dollars. That means nothing to me. I love the sport and am a great fan. I just love to see big matches as do many others. Thats all i have to say about this and will not be posting any further comments about it. That was where i was getting at, not the fact that i lost five dollars.

Im sorry for affending many people by this post, hope you understand where i was commin from.

**You don't have to remind me about life, i deal with every third day**

Are people really so dense to think that this guy was actually trying to make a case that he should have his money refunded to him?  He was clearly trying to make a point that flew WAY over most f your heads.  If you want to grow the sport of wrestling or even keep it as a recognized sport at this level then you need fans outside of just mommy and daddy cheering on little Johnny.  What's the best way to get fans?  Put out a quality product and actually have your best matches.  I applaud you for starting this topic and I can't believe how much flack you have taken for it.  I really think that this is a legitimate concern for the sport and if you are going to hype matches up the way that the people who are promoting the sport do, then these matches need to happen or else you may lose some fans and you certainly won't gain any new ones. 

Just to clarify this whole post, my intent was not to strike a cord with coaches and parents. All i was trying to say was that ( ranking,seedings) and many other reasons hold kids back from wrestling good matches at times. I know some reasons are for strategy, but other reasons arent. Many kids talk up matches to their freinds all week, just for them to show up with disappointment, because the match is no longer taking place. I love all aspects of the sport, and i was not trying to mean that i wasted five dollars. That means nothing to me. I love the sport and am a great fan. I just love to see big matches as do many others. Thats all i have to say about this and will not be posting any further comments about it. That was where i was getting at, not the fact that i lost five dollars.

Im sorry for affending many people by this post, hope you understand where i was commin from.

**You don't have to remind me about life, i deal with every third day**

I would not worry about it, hell just last week 90% of the response was the same as yours when it came to a highly ranked wrestler or coach pulling the same thing when he ran up against other high ranked kids in his weight class. You had a case where you got one negitive response and then the piling on began. ;D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.