Gateway Duals St Louis MD and Merrillville

catmancool

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MD lost,...... that was the bad call

typical MD fan, if they win it was all them, if they lose  its the refs fault, or it was a jv guy

okay stick... There is a video if you want to see it. Right now 112 wrestling and twice ref stopped match because of buzzer on another match. It has nothing to with MD. It was good match with two great wrestlers.

okay stick... There is a video if you want to see it. Right now 112 wrestling and twice ref stopped match because of buzzer on another match. It has nothing to with MD. It was good match with two great wrestlers.

Are you going to post that match? Because I'm sure alot of people would love to watch it.

MD lost,...... that was the bad call

typical MD fan, if they win it was all them, if they lose  its the refs fault, or it was a jv guy

While I would agree that the "bad call" accusation is normally an excuse (as it is highly subjective and in the end doesn't matter in the record books), if the starter is replaced by a JV wrestler that is pertinent information and not debatable.  It is not as if MD is losing the meet and saying "It is only because we wrestled 2 JV wrestlers!"  The information about the JV wrestlers was for those who may wonder why MD lost at a particular weight when they normally do not, or to say "We really wrestled well today, winning by X points even though two of the starters were out."

Your comment tastes like sour grapes to me.  It is easy to see why your cool points are so low.

While I would agree that the "bad call" accusation is normally an excuse (as it is highly subjective and in the end doesn't matter in the record books), if the starter is replaced by a JV wrestler that is pertinent information and not debatable.  It is not as if MD is losing the meet and saying "It is only because we wrestled 2 JV wrestlers!"  The information about the JV wrestlers was for those who may wonder why MD lost at a particular weight when they normally do not, or to say "We really wrestled well today, winning by X points even though two of the starters were out."

Your comment tastes like sour grapes to me.  It is easy to see why your cool points are so low.

I agree with your comment. I was giving information as Fyi not to make excuses. Everyone knows Boots always wrestles a great match not looking for excuses.

Don't know about Merriville's overall day, but I believe MD won against Hannibal 71-6, against St. Geniveve 65-7, and against Merriville 45-16....

I had several texts from the Duals saying that the reffing of the MD/Merriville match was terrible, long before the Boots/Berry match...and MD was winning most of those matches, so I don't think the comment was made as an excuse for Boots' loss.  Now, the comment by "The Stick", was clearly meant to be a derogatory dig at MD...I could chalk it up to being a Castle fan (insert dig of your choice here), but refuse to lump one bad apple with the rest of the Castle people I know, most of whom have proven to be class acts...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.