CP's Kral 20-0

ontherise219

I'm not coming on here to bash a kid. I know coaches choose who will  bump and who doesn't. Why has Kral ducked the 2 toughest challenges on the season in duals that CP had well in hand. Merrillville Semi state us loaded at 215. Not that#12 nickson isn't tough but you hsve the Al Smith champ bumping to wrestle you and you raise his hand. Come on do you think the other top kids a not wrestling each other? They are Gallegos Seaman Reagen sumner Roy Anderson. I hope this doesn't hurt him at tourny time

Why are you guys putting the blame on the Kral kid.  It is not his fault that the coach decides bump him up.  I truely believe that he wanted to wrestle both (Knura, Berry).  He was warmed up and ready to go for both matches, coaches decision not the wrestlers. He ended up wrestling Nickson #9 at 215, and won 9-1.  20-0 is a mighty fine record.  Kral will get his chance soon enough. Merriville SS is loaded in the 215 bracket.  Lets just see what happens there.

Why are you guys putting the blame on the Kral kid.  It is not his fault that the coach decides bump him up.  I truely believe that he wanted to wrestle both (Knura, Berry).  He was warmed up and ready to go for both matches, coaches decision not the wrestlers. He ended up wrestling Nickson #9 at 215, and won 9-1.  20-0 is a mighty fine record.  Kral will get his chance soon enough. Merriville SS is loaded in the 215 bracket.  Lets just see what happens there.

I started my comment by saying I'm not blaming Kral and I finished by saying I hope the coaches idea to hump doesn't hurt him down the road

I started my comment by saying I'm not blaming Kral and I finished by saying I hope the coaches idea to hump doesn't hurt him down the road

Actually you started with "I'm not coming on here to bash a kid." then you followed with " I know coaches choose who bump and who doesn't" which I'm not even sure if that's a sentence.  ;D. I'm just saying  ;D

Actually you started with "I'm not coming on here to bash a kid." then you followed with " I know coaches choose who bump and who doesn't" which I'm not even sure if that's a sentence.  ;D. I'm just saying  ;D

lol nice can I use that as a rough draft and resubmit it later for a better grade?

I am sorry to say but I feel this thread is totally absurd since you say you do not want to bash a kid and yet guess what that is exactly what you did.  The thing is with the exception of last nights meet when will Kral wrestle Berry this year?  Probably not again since Berry wrestle 189 and Kral is at 215.  Also, I do believe when CP wrestled Franklin they started in the upper weights (I am not 100% about this but I thought that was the case) and maybe the coaches were looking at the whole picture rather then what the fans want to see.  Sorry to say but this thread and others like it truly make me mad when you question a kid rather then looking that there may be more to it then just wanting to see a good or great match.

I am sorry to say but I feel this thread is totally absurd since you say you do not want to bash a kid and yet guess what that is exactly what you did.  The thing is with the exception of last nights meet when will Kral wrestle Berry this year?  Probably not again since Berry wrestle 189 and Kral is at 215.  Also, I do believe when CP wrestled Franklin they started in the upper weights (I am not 100% about this but I thought that was the case) and maybe the coaches were looking at the whole picture rather then what the fans want to see.  Sorry to say but this thread and others like it truly make me mad when you question a kid rather then looking that there may be more to it then just wanting to see a good or great match.

I think ontherise has made it clear he was questioning the coach rather than the kid.  I could see how his initial post could be construed as bashing the kid but he has since made his opinion clear.

Sorry still not buying it when you come on here and say I am not questioning something and follow it with a BUT that means you are questioning something.  So, try and spin it any way that you want this thread was designed for one thing and one thing only to bash a kid and in some cases the decision of a coach and as a former wrestler and coach in my opinion sorry to say its not right.

From a fans point of view I was a little upset. I was looking forward to this match. But coach vink has been around along time and you just have to respect his decision and believe that he made the decision based on what he thought was best for the team and kral.

From a fans point of view I was a little upset. I was looking forward to this match. But coach vink has been around along time and you just have to respect his decision and believe that he made the decision based on what he thought was best for the team and kral.

I agree.  The entire dual was somewhat anti climatic and the Kral-Berry match would have been a exciting way to finish this dual.

I think this is why the sport is down. We need more wrestlers like Quiroga. Granted, he did not when state his senior year, but he sure did put on a show, beating everyone who came across his path. What good times it was to see wrestlers of that caliber, wrestling the best. Whether it was his decision or the coaches decision. The fans were happier than ever and the anticipation was unreal.. Coaches, wrestlers bring back the excitement. Why wait till State??

Sorry still not buying it when you come on here and say I am not questioning something and follow it with a BUT that means you are questioning something.  So, try and spin it any way that you want this thread was designed for one thing and one thing only to bash a kid and in some cases the decision of a coach and as a former wrestler and coach in my opinion sorry to say its not right.

I just read this post and he didn't say but after he said he's not trying to bash a kid. You may be looking more into the post than what's there. I think he explained that its not the kids decision but the coaches. Everyone knows kral is a tuff kid but I think a lot of people would like to know why the coach bumped him from the 2 toughest tests of the season? When they wrestled at the tricoff they started at 145, so krals match pretty much fell in the middle of the duel. The duel wasn't close either and CP dominated the tricoff. I don't think anyone is on here to bash kral, but they just wanted to know why coach Vlink  made the strange bumps that he did that  had no impact on the outcome of the duel. You don't see him bump Tsirtsis, or roach away from the stiff competition so why did he in bump kral away from it in these situations

I am sorry to say but I feel this thread is totally absurd since you say you do not want to bash a kid and yet guess what that is exactly what you did.  The thing is with the exception of last nights meet when will Kral wrestle Berry this year?  Probably not again since Berry wrestle 189 and Kral is at 215.  Also, I do believe when CP wrestled Franklin they started in the upper weights (I am not 100% about this but I thought that was the case) and maybe the coaches were looking at the whole picture rather then what the fans want to see.   Sorry to say but this thread and others like it truly make me mad when you question a kid rather then looking that there may be more to it then just wanting to see a good or great match.

The real question I think that's being asked, is it better to have 0 losses on his record than to have wrestled the better kids that you cross paths with? I know this is not the young man's choice, but when your a elite wrestler in your weight class #5, and the choice being made for the young man is to avoid the toughest competition people are going to ask questions! The kid is the real deal he beat our guy (top #15-25 maybe), but the question is, will he be tournament tough not seeing the top #10 guys that he's had a chance to wrestle but his coaches decided not to? How is that sold to the kid to not harm his confidence? Best of luck to Tyler I would hate to run into him at state, but I think the question being asked is a legit one. ???

I think some of you guys need to think about what you are saying first before you post it.  You are talking about a kid; he is 16 years old--a kid, a young man.  I don't think it is a great idea to talk about individual high school kids like this--regarless who they are.  They aren't professional athletes.  That's just my two cents. 

I feel it ruins the sport of wrestling when the kid or the coach tries to run from the better kid. Wrestling is all about putting your best kids against the best in state. And when you cant even do that. What is the point of bumping up and wrestling some pud to get a pin. How does that make your wrestler any better?

Just saying.

I feel it ruins the sport of wrestling when the kid or the coach tries to run from the better kid. Wrestling is all about putting your best kids against the best in state. And when you cant even do that. What is the point of bumping up and wrestling some pud to get a pin. How does that make your wrestler any better?

Though I, like you, want to see the elite wrestlers go at it, we forget that wrestling a Dual is a team sport. The coaches do what they do in order to get points for the team. Sometimes it is an obvious "duck", a way not to get a loss. But usually it is in an attempt to win or at least get the score closer.

My son hates to take a forfeit. I truely believe he would rather take a loss in a close match than work hard, make weight, get mentally ready...just to have his hand raised. It happened this season. We had a dual, the other team weighed in and had a wrestler in his weight class. They did not have a wrestler 2 classes above his class. Our wrestler at that class was a JV filling in for a hurt varsity. My son reported to the table and mat ready for action. The other coach signaled FF and it was over. To make a long story short, my son had to run the next day for the words he used that our coach overheard comming off the mat.

Result, the other team won the match that they would have taken the FF at. Points however were the same as it would have been since the wrestler they moved up got pinned. But it was a calculated risk.  I guess what I am saying is I do not like it either, but I do understand it in most cases.

That is because no one is bashing the kid and if it did appear as if they were, the offender has cleared up the misunderstanding.  At this point to claim that someone is trying to bash the kid is trying to make something out of nothing, that is why there are deaf ears.

As much as everyone wanted to see Kral vs Berry, lets look at the bigger picture. With the DAC tourney a week away, could it be possible that CP wanted Kral to wrestle Nickson whether it was at 215 or at hwt so that they could  get a win and also the head to head criteria when determining seeds for the DAC. Just a thought.

That is because no one is bashing the kid and if it did appear as if they were, the offender has cleared up the misunderstanding.  At this point to claim that someone is trying to bash the kid is trying to make something out of nothing, that is why there are deaf ears.

What is this?!?... a little common sense.  I don't believe it.  This is not pointed at you Karl, more a poke at the general population.

I think some of you guys need to think about what you are saying first before you post it.  You are talking about a kid; he is 16 years old--a kid, a young man.  I don't think it is a great idea to talk about individual high school kids like this--regarless who they are.  They aren't professional athletes.  That's just my two cents. 

it is high school wrestling website where the wrestlers, coaches and fans of Indiana wrestling come to discuss Indiana wrestling. I want to know why the coaches bumped him in the 2 toughest matches of the season if anyone takes it as me taking a shot at kid fine. It doesn't change the fact. I was both events and it looked as if Kral was ready last night he warmed up for a hour. I want to know why both times he was bumped in duals that were already won. These matches don't change that Kral is one of if not the best 215 in the semi state.

As much as everyone wanted to see Kral vs Berry, lets look at the bigger picture. With the DAC tourney a week away, could it be possible that CP wanted Kral to wrestle Nickson whether it was at 215 or at hwt so that they could  get a win and also the head to head criteria when determining seeds for the DAC. Just a thought.

This is not the match I was at when it happened, the match I am referring to was the Franklin kid Kunra who was #2 at the time, and as the other example being used the match was more than decided so there was not much meet gamesmanship for the move. Again I repeat I know this was not the kid's call, but I do wonder the message it sends to him or other's when there's no injury or other real reason for the move and it only happens against highly ranked oppoents. Isn't that where you learn what to expect in the big matches and do you want to only see the top #5-6 at state? Also isn't this where you make your bones, lol!

As much as everyone wanted to see Kral vs Berry, lets look at the bigger picture. With the DAC tourney a week away, could it be possible that CP wanted Kral to wrestle Nickson whether it was at 215 or at hwt so that they could  get a win and also the head to head criteria when determining seeds for the DAC. Just a thought.

I don't believe this had anything to do with it, Kral would have been the number 1 seed in the DAC's regardless of if he would have wrestled Berry and lost. If you remember a few years ago, Vlink kept bumping Shrewsberry away from Salas until he had to wrestle him in the tournaments.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.