3. Mishawaka

4. Merrillville

5. Penn

6. Roncalli

7. Bloomington South

8. Franklin

9. Lawrence North

10. Center Grove

Others Receiving Votes:  Carmel, Castle, Cathedral, Evansville Reitz, Jeffersonville, Jennings County, Portage, South Bend Clay, Warren Central, Westfield

2A Wrestling Team Rankings

1. Evansville Mater Dei

2. Yorktown

3. Bellmont

4. Evansville Memorial

5. Jimtown

6. New Palestine

7. Fairfield

8. Southmont

9. Hanover Central

10. Whitko

Others Receiving Votes: Peru, Leo, Mount Vernon(Posey), Garrett, Princeton, Beech Grove, Benton Central

1A Wrestling Team Rankings

1. South Adams

2. Prairie Heights

3. Alexandria

4. Adams Central

5. Fountain Central

6. Delphi

7. Cascade

8. Eastern (Greentown)

9. Southwood

10. Woodlan

Others Receiving Votes: Tri Central, Wes-Del, Union County, North White, Northfield, North Posey, Cloverdale, Speedway, Paoli, Churubusco, Pioneer, Tell City, Seeger.

Is this a popularity poll?  This list doesn't seem to have much reflection on the head to head competition that has already taken place.  I.e.  Center Grove over Franklin 41-12. 

Good thing IndianaMat is on top of things!!  :D

Personally, I think Reitz's poor showing the last few years in the tournament have a lot to do with how they are being ranked.

But for my rankings, all you have to do is look at the fact that Reitz has not even wrestled a team in consideration for being ranked, and it is easy to see why their 15-0 record, (and #201 SOS) have continually dropped them in the polls.

Personally, I think Reitz's poor showing the last few years in the tournament have a lot to do with how they are being ranked.

But for my rankings, all you have to do is look at the fact that Reitz has not even wrestled a team in consideration for being ranked, and it is easy to see why their 15-0 record, (and #201 SOS) have continually dropped them in the polls.

I think Reitz will show what they have next week when they face Mater Dei.  It's at Reitz, so they will have their home atmosphere, etc.

I predict that Reitz will show what we already know.  They have three or four very good individuals, but they will have trouble everywhere else.

Reitz's poor showing in what tournament?  Team or Individual?  It's no secret that it's tough to get to Team State with MD standing in our way.   Without a doubt Reitz has been a top 10 team for the past 6 years or so and consistently sends multiple individuals to State.

This year, I would put our 103 - 145 weights against anybody in a (Little Guy) 8 weight class dual.  Throw in solid wrestlers at 171 & 215, a very capable 189, and we have the makings of a pretty good dual team.  Also, having all 14 wrestlers make it day 2 at the Connersville tourmanent shows our 152, 160, and 285 are no pushovers.

Reitz's poor showing in what tournament?  Team or Individual?  It's no secret that it's tough to get to Team State with MD standing in our way.   Without a doubt Reitz has been a top 10 team for the past 6 years or so and consistently sends multiple individuals to State.

This year, I would put our 103 - 145 weights against anybody in a (Little Guy) 8 weight class dual.  Throw in solid wrestlers at 171 & 215, a very capable 189, and we have the makings of a pretty good dual team.  Also, having all 14 wrestlers make it day 2 at the Connersville tourmanent shows our 152, 160, and 285 are no pushovers.

I am not sure how some of the coaches vote, but I am ranking teams purely on the dual meet format. When I have nothing else to go on, I will often look at individual tournament results to make a judgement, but I always look at dual meets.

I am not sure how some of the coaches vote, but I am ranking teams purely on the dual meet format. When I have nothing else to go on, I will often look at individual tournament results to make a judgement, but I always look at dual meets.

There are about 318 programs in the state.  Reitz is ranked 15 which is like saying they are in the top 5% or they can beat 95% of the teams in the state.  Jon H, do you disagree that Reitz has earned that ranking?  I don't think they have earned a top 10 ranking yet.  Beat MD next week, and I bet you see things change.  I would offer you that Reitz is slotted in the 11-15 ranking area and are not good enough to crack the top 10.

I will give you that the phrase "poor showing" maybe wasn't accurate as Reitz has been beaten by teams of equal or better quality.  No shame in that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.