Two weeks until Mater Dei Reitz meet

catmancool

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might not be close this year. Mater dei is on a different level.  Reitz has a few very fine individuals, but mater dei is too tough from top to bottom for any team down south to seriously challenge.  MD is scary deep, JV 103 taking 2nd at the Classic and beating a very tough 103 from Floyd Central.  I believe MD will take 112, 125, 135, 145, 152, 160, 171, 189, 215, and 285.  103 isnt clear, but the edge goes to MD if Vibbert can get healthy.  119 should be bonus points for Reitz.  At 125 I just can't see a senior in Henderson losing to Moody.  At 130 it seems like it should be a decision either way.  At 140, Lannert is a completely different wrestler this year and could give Rueger all he wants.

I predict 45-9 Mater Dei

It's not going to be a blow out! It will be a very close score coming down to bonus points. Reitz 103 beat Blackwell 10-0 and MD's 103 was beaten by Blackwell 6-1. If your jv wrestler has to go again Kuhn will put bonus points on the board with at least a major but a pin wouldn't suprise me. I don't think he would pin Vibbert but would still win. Johns at 112 is very good and you shouldn't look past him after his 4th place finsh at connersville. I also will give the edge to Moody at 125. Senior or not Henderson gets beat. Rueger pins, plain and simple! I'll give you 152, 160, 189 and heavy. 171 will be a good match as will 130 and 145.  I think both teams will be in the high 20's low 30's with a 4 point edge to the winner.

103: R major      4-0 R

112: MD decision  4-3 R 

119: R major    8-3 R

125: MD decision 8-6 R

130: MD pin  12-8 MD

135: MD decision 15-8 MD

140: R major    15-12 MD

145: R decision 15-15

152:MD major  19-15 MD

160:MD tech    24-15 MD

171:MD decision 27-15 MD

189:MD major 31-15 MD

215:R decision 31-19 MD

285:MD decision 34-19 MD

I just spoke with Mr Buckler about the coming meet and he told me I was wrong about a few of the matches ( no need to say which ones). And I had to disagree with him about it but, there is no disrespect to any wrestlers or team! After the 13th I'll be a fan of MD unless they go against a Reitz wrestler on the way to state. I would like to wish both teams good luck and hope everyone stays healthy for a run at state. Mr buckler I look forward to meeting you face to face and shaking your hand no matter the out come!

Rueger pins, plain and simple!

If you believe Rueger will pin "plain and simple" then you obviously have not seen MD's 140 wrestle this year.  I do agree that the slight edge goes to Rueger, but not even the weakest MD wrestlers give up pins "plain and simple".

If you believe Rueger will pin "plain and simple" then you obviously have not seen MD's 140 wrestle this year.  I do agree that the slight edge goes to Rueger, but not even the weakest MD wrestlers give up pins "plain and simple".

it will come down to who is the healthiest. Will be great match.

"..........but not even the weakest MD wrestlers give up pins "plain and simple". "  I'll have to disagree. When you have been compromised and put into a situation where you can not get out from; falls or pins can happen. Sometimes a guy is just a better wrestler than his opponent. A few weight classes this year could be like what I mentioned. I guess you haven't been to all the meets in the last few years. I'll agree it is very difficult to obtain a pin against the MD wrestlers, but it has happened more often in the last few years than ever before. There has been 3-4 guys get pinned in recent years and I believe a couple can still be pinned. Reitz has had some great wrestlers in the last few years that helped them be more competitive. Even with great wrestlers it takes a very special dual where things "fall" into place for Reitz to pull the upset. Mater Dei has some unbelievable team depth again which will be hard for any team in the state to overcome.  MD has some of their swagger back. Watch out rest of the state. Mater Dei will be heavily favored in this years meet, but as in most any year when MD and Reitz get together there could be some surprises.  ;)

It's not going to be a blow out! It will be a very close score coming down to bonus points. Reitz 103 beat Blackwell 10-0 and MD's 103 was beaten by Blackwell 6-1. If your jv wrestler has to go again Kuhn will put bonus points on the board with at least a major but a pin wouldn't suprise me. I don't think he would pin Vibbert but would still win. Johns at 112 is very good and you shouldn't look past him after his 4th place finsh at connersville. I also will give the edge to Moody at 125. Senior or not Henderson gets beat. Rueger pins, plain and simple! I'll give you 152, 160, 189 and heavy. 171 will be a good match as will 130 and 145.  I think both teams will be in the high 20's low 30's with a 4 point edge to the winner.

112 Goebel will dominate Johns

Lennie May might be back at 130. He would help Mater Dei.

Some opinions:

125: No matter what happens....this may be the most boring match I have watched this year. I am looking for a 1-0 or 2-1 decision.

130: Schnarr is good but not as good as Mango or May.

145: Appel couldn't beat the MD boys to make varsity last year and I don't see him beating the same kids this year. but we will see how much he has improved wrestling Rueger everyday.

it's Mangold not Mango a mango is a fruit if your going to dog Reitz wrestlers at least spell the MD wrestlers correct

I think MD will take it tonight, 33-20. 

103 R        3-0

112 MD    3-3

119 R        7-3

125 R      10-3

130 MD  10-6

135 MD  10-9

140 R      14-9

145 R      17-9

152 MD    17-12

160 MD    17-18

171 MD    17 -21

189 MD    17-27

215 R        20-27

285 MD  20-33

I think 125, 130, 135, 145, 171, and 215 could go either way.  If Reitz wins them all, it'll be a sad day for us wildcats.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.