NEXT RANKINGS UPDATE INFO

RankingsGuy

hey everyone, with this huge week of tournaments, there is about 3x more results to sift thru than there normally is.  that being said, tonite is new years eve and tomorrow is new years day, so i won't have a ton of time to work on the rankings.  expect the next update hopefully this sunday night, and at the very latest by thursday night of next week.

also, just looking at it, there will be new #1's at 125 and 135.. can i please have someone email a picture of jared mckinley-perry meridian  to rankingsguy@indianamat.com

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson gets the nod over Justin Kieffer.

Let's compare their State Finals last year.. Kieffer takes 4th, losing to Jackson's teammate Derek Bevans, who by all accounts Jackson gets the better of.  Jackson takes 2nd, with 3 falls and an overtime loss to one of the greatest high school wrestlers to ever come through Indiana.

Let's compare their State Finals last year.. Kieffer takes 4th, losing to Jackson's teammate Derek Bevans, who by all accounts Jackson gets the better of.  Jackson takes 2nd, with 3 falls and an overtime loss to one of the greatest high school wrestlers to ever come through Indiana.

Surpising, I would have thought Bevans could beat Jackson. 

Let's compare their State Finals last year.. Kieffer takes 4th, losing to Jackson's teammate Derek Bevans, who by all accounts Jackson gets the better of.  Jackson takes 2nd, with 3 falls and an overtime loss to one of the greatest high school wrestlers to ever come through Indiana.

Take a longer look at this---Kieffer comes back the next week to beat Bevins 5-3 when Yorktown meets Roncalli at Team State and his younger bro Joe Kieffer takes Jackson to OT and loses a tough match in OT.

Brandon Wright had a loss last year to Kieffer.Raley had a loss last year to Kieffer.

Raley had a montrous tourney at the Super 32 and Justin pinned him at Connersville. I'm not saying Jackson is not a monster but I don't see how you can elevate him over both Ethan and/or Justin.I think Justin deserves the #1 even though he doesn't want the bullseye on his back.At least for this week!

I appreciate all your hard work on the rankings they are fun to preview each week.Thanks for your work.

I think both are studs and are worthy of the top spot but Kieffer went undefeated this past summer at the Scholastic Duals with wins over nationally ranked Gosinski and Richards of Illinois. Jackson went 3-3 with no wins of the caliber of Kieffer's. Kieffer was very nearly the MOW. Both have had some impressive results, for sure.

Kieffer should be #1 now, no doubt about it. Was #3, pinned #1, I think thats enough to jump the #2 guy.

I agree, and I think that the argument of who woulda or shoulda and comparing last year shouldnt have an effect on what one is ranked this season.

Any one of the two would be worthy of the top spot.  I look at it this way, the Rankings Guy had Jackson #2 over Kiefer all season.  Neither have wrestled this season so the Rankings Guy has him #2 over him assuming that this means the RG feels Jackson would win this match.  Yes, Kieffer beat the #1 with an impressive fall.  I guess one of two things can be "assumed" from Kieffer's win.  1. Kieffer beat Raley, which in theory would mean he can beat Jackson because Raley is ahead of Jackson.  2. Kieffer beat Raley, which in theory could mean Raley was not at the level which he was ranked at.

Either way you break it down, the Rankings Guy does a fantastic job.  We all may not always agree with his rankings, but I think he is as fair as one can be when taking on a job that he has over the past few years.

Oh, and I have only really seen these guys at the State Tourney Level.  I would give the nod to Jackson based on what I have seen.

103 thru 135 have been updated and posted. i have all of the results input for 140 thru heavy, but am making some more adjustments on them before i post them.

When would you think they may be posted? Thanks for the hard and thankless work!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.