112 is it up for grabs

IRONMAIDEN

Until Philips is beat 112 is not up for grabs once or if he is beat then it's up for grabs. I'm sure Philips is better too plus there's many out of new castle semi-state that are after it too. I'm not saying they can't beat him any one can lose a match, but Philips should be the favorite to win at  112 and I wouldn't call it up for grabs.

Yeah I am going to say my money is still on Phillips.  The problem with Brooks is that you are never sure which Brooks shows up.  I have seen him look absolutely dominating in one match and wrestle way below that dominating ability in others.  I would definitely say these threee are Top 3-4 right now at 112, with Mason Todd being in the mix.  Would have been nice to have those two wrestle over the Holiday Tourney Season.

Dont get me wrong or anything  my money is on Phillips getting his 3rd, what I was referring to is that it will be interesting to see if indeed any of the other top contenders within the weight class can take the step forward and knock Phillips of or at least give him a run for his money

We all said the same thing heading into last years Merriville semi-state. how brooks had the edge on petrov. those two are so close we're just gonna have to wait to see who really ends up on top. although from what I've seen from brooks this year; he has improved drastically.

Great! He pinned all the way up until the semis i think? and then in the finals vs. Hamm he controlled the entire match from start to finish. I've only had the chance to see Petrov wrestle twice this year so I'm still unsure how much he's improved.

I don't think you guys realize how good and how much experience Phillips truly has. I mean two state titles. ranked first in the entire nation for two years in a row and now he's second and never lost a match in his high school career. The kid is just a machine!

I don't think you guys realize how good and how much experience Phillips truly has. I mean two state titles. ranked first in the entire nation for two years in a row and now he's second and never lost a match in his high school career. The kid is just a machine!

I don't think you've ever seen Mason Todd wrestle.

I'm not saying he will win or beat any of the previous 4 named, but don't rule out Cody LeCount. He has wrestled Phillips a lot and I am sure will put good matches together against them all. I feel he is right in the mix with all of these names mentioned.

Great! He pinned all the way up until the semis i think? and then in the finals vs. Hamm he controlled the entire match from start to finish. I've only had the chance to see Petrov wrestle twice this year so I'm still unsure how much he's improved.

he wrestled Sam Ferdig in the finals I wasn't as impressed as I was last year with Brooks. I was impressed with the tourny that Sam Ferdig. I would like to see Petrov win it has looked awesome against Orzechowicz who has looked awesome this year and Saroff who has looked tough too 112 at Merrillville is going to be a tough road

I think phillips is the clear cut favorite at 112, but brooks, todd, and petrov are all right there and could give him a run for his money. Other than that top 4 who is in contention to make some noise in the postseason?

After those four it'll probally be LeCount, King, Orzechowicz, and if Newkirk doesn't make 103 then him in the mix as well.

After those four it'll probally be LeCount, King, Orzechowicz, and if Newkirk doesn't make 103 then him in the mix as well.

Take out King and replace him with Gettinger from Connersville who pinned him this week.

I don't think you've ever seen Mason Todd wrestle.

I have and Philips is more impressive. Todd's good but Philips has a tank on him and is a beast and I believe Philips has pinned Todd before. I know it was two years ago but Philips is better each time I see him out there. I have yet to see Philips in a match where it looked like he might actually lose. Philips doesn't have to prove anything to me, he's already proven how good he is. Everyone else has to prove that they can beat Philips. I'm sure everyone else has improved but do you all think Philips hasn't? Even if Philips win's his thrid title I'm sure there will be someone else that "can beat" him. I'm sure Philips say bring them on.

Take out King and replace him with Gettinger from Connersville who pinned him this week.

I have and Philips is more impressive. Todd's good but Philips has a tank on him and is a beast and I believe Philips has pinned Todd before. I know it was two years ago but Philips is better each time I see him out there. I have yet to see Philips in a match where it looked like he might actually lose. Philips doesn't have to prove anything to me, he's already proven how good he is. Everyone else has to prove that they can beat Philips. I'm sure everyone else has improved but do you all think Philips hasn't? Even if Philips win's his thrid title I'm sure there will be someone else that "can beat" him. I'm sure Philips say bring them on.

It would be a mistake to overlook LeCount folks...

• 2 weeks later...

Brooks did not wrestle Hamm in the finals. Hamm got beat(2-1) 2nd round by a no-seed, kern of peru i think. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.