Midland - Howe vs Burroughs 165lb final

DLane

Burroughs early speed busts and good riding in middle made the difference here.  Andrew just didn't have time left to get the points back.  You give that guy some open room to move around and and his athletic ability is scary.  Howe I'm sure will game plan this one out differently for their next meeting.

Did they add riding time? I thought that the Midlands didn't have riding time? Hmm...

No riding time.  Howe false started a couple times and gave up the last point with like :10 to go because of it.  I think Burroughs finished with enough RT to have earned the point by normal rules though.  Howe cited his inability to get escapes more quickly as a big thing to improve for next match.

Ole Burrows is quicker than a cat. However he backed up da whole time. Ole Drew came out of his stance and Burrows hit dat blast double. Burrows kinds reminds me of Jordan Oliver in da backing up. He did put some riddin time on da mauler.

Next time he needs to force him in the middle and chace him. Might be different next time since they will be in Madtown. Oh Burrows better work on his wind  - he was sucking air within a minute=- he did his best to slow da match down

I still tink dat the mauler will get him when it counts !!

Every college tournament that counts toward the results for the automatic NCAA qualification bids now is required to use 3-2-2 periods plus riding time, so yes, riding time was used at the Midlands.

Then Burroughs didn't earn riding time.  I thought from the video he had earned it, but the final score was only 9-7, including the false start point.  Thanks for the clarification.

9-7 end of match score.  10-7 final after riding time.  Burroughs did ride Howe for a large portion of the match.  Even if riding time didn't count the amount of time Burroughs spend on top in the middle of the match was a major factor in why Howe couldn't mount a come back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.