Huntington North Invite - Dec. 30

cementmixer

Does anyone have info on this meet - brackets, teams, etc...?

Haven't  seen the seeds yet but the teams are: Huntington North, Logansport, Eastbrook, Ft. Wayne Snider, Woodlan, Columbia City, Noblesville, Marion, Southern Wells, West Noble.

Wrestlers are put into 2 pools and wrestle 4 matches in their pool follwed by a placement round between the 2 pools. It is a different way to run an individual tournament, but I have liked it in years past.

Yes I believe they seed at least four.  In the past Coach Eckert has sent me the pool draws, but I have yet to receive them this year.

The way they run it is a great way for your top wrestlers to get good matches against top kids, while your average or below average wrestlers also get matches against kids at their level. 

Haven't  seen the seeds yet but the teams are: Huntington North, Logansport, Eastbrook, Ft. Wayne Snider, Woodlan, Columbia City, Noblesville, Marion, Southern Wells, West Noble.

Wrestlers are put into 2 pools and wrestle 4 matches in their pool follwed by a placement round between the 2 pools. It is a different way to run an individual tournament, but I have liked it in years past.

Thanks for the info. very interesting way to run it.

Yes I believe they seed at least four.  In the past Coach Eckert has sent me the pool draws, but I have yet to receive them this year.

The way they run it is a great way for your top wrestlers to get good matches against top kids, while your average or below average wrestlers also get matches against kids at their level.  

Similar to the Charger Invite at Elkhart Memorial?

Congrats to Noblesville who edged HN 279 - 269 to win the Weston Close Invitational at HN.  Logansport was 3rd followed by I think Snider.  Don't have all of the places  or team scores, but HN had 7 individual champs (Jolas - 112, Hiple - 125, Eckert -130, Downey - 135, Wygant - 160, Evans - 189 and Mason - HWT).  Cody Zink 140 from Woodlan was MOW.  Hopefully one of the coaches can post the weight class placement and final team scores.

Jackson wrestled 171.  I  believe the final score was 16 - 4 over Rupright from W. Noble.  Most if not all of Ruprights points came from Bratcher cutting him.

Jackson is a beast at 171 him Willis and Stein thats a toss up. Good luck the rest of the way Jackson!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.