Can the Pirates dethrone the Dogs ?

pirateville

There is going to be some great matches on Wednesday with the 103 lb class with Garza #11 and Fuqua #3 , 130 lb class of Halsted #6 and Padilla , and a possible match of 189 lb Berry #4 and 215lb Krol #5 , and some of the best unranked wrestlers in the state . It don't get much better than this for a Wednesday night in the REGION .

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could read I wasn't counting Perry Meridian out , my comment pretty much states that those should be the last two teams standing at the end of the season . Where in my quote states I'm counting P.M. out they're a great team which I have n0thing but respect for .

I think you need to read . He is talking about Evansville Mater Dei , not Perry . And yes , it sounds like you did count out Mater Dei , by saying all others are 25 point underdogs .

I think you need to read . He is talking about Evansville Mater Dei , not Perry . And yes , it sounds like you did count out Mater Dei , by saying all others are 25 point underdogs .

Give the guy a break , it looks like he's from the Portage School System . INDIANS .

Give the guy a break , it looks like he's from the Portage School System . INDIANS .

Could also be from Lake Cent. .

Crown Point would have a tough time with Perry Meridian with the match up , but would win the championship by + 10 points . On the other hand C.P. would destroy Mater Dei by at least + 20 points , they don't match up very good at all with the Dogs .

Crown Point would have a tough time with Perry Meridian with the match up , but would win the championship by + 10 points . On the other hand C.P. would destroy Mater Dei by at least + 20 points , they don't match up very good at all with the Dogs .

I would beg to differ... I worked the Mater Dei Holiday Tournament, and I think they and Crown Point match up very well. I'd think it would go 7-7  :)

I think merrilvlle will wrestle m.d. this weekend in St.Louis. We should get a better idea where m.d. will stand against cp after that. I know that it's all about match ups but at least we will get an idea.

Any suggestions from the locals on where to get a bite to eat before the meet tonight.  Papa's deli was my first choice.

Tilted Kilt by the Southlake Mall , the foods ok but the scenery is really good , theres a chance you could be late for the match if you go there .

C Barnett:    If you would officiate the Mater Deoi - Crown Point match it might

end 7-7, but if anyone else would officiate it the outcome would

probably be CP 10 Mater Dei 4.  lol  Mater Dei actually was one of the

3 or 4 teams that has a chance to beat them should they meet at team

state.  Actually CP is not a cinch to make team state, although we will

be able to tell more after tonight's battle with our bitter rival.

If Vibbert makes 103, that weight class would only be a slight favorite to CP (Fuqua).

Mater Dei would be favored at 112 (Goebel), 119 (Pierre), and 125 (Henderson)

130 (Halstead/Mangold) and 135 (Fuqua/Schroeder) are good match ups, with perhaps an edge to CP at both

140, 145 and 152 heavily favored to the dogs, especially if you flip flop Roach and Flamme, however, Lannert, Weinzapfel, and Raben have all both been ranked and don't tend to get pinned

160 (Sims), 171 (Brandenstein) and 189 (Boots) are all ranked and go to MD without question

215 (Kral) to CP

285 to MD

Just one mole's opinion  :o

C Barnett:     If you would officiate the Mater Deoi - Crown Point match it might

end 7-7, but if anyone else would officiate it the outcome would

probably be CP 10 Mater Dei 4.  lol   Mater Dei actually was one of the

3 or 4 teams that has a chance to beat them should they meet at team

state.  Actually CP is not a cinch to make team state, although we will

be able to tell more after tonight's battle with our bitter rival.

I think tonight will be a good measuring stick I still think the Bulldogs are goin to win

Maldonado did the bimping first.  Very disappointed not to see Roach wrestle.  They forfeited

145 and bumped Avolas to 152.  Don't worry about it, Kral will do fine when he meets stiffer competitition.

yeah but the match wasnt in question at 215... it would make sense if your doing it for a better chance of winning.... i would think as a coach you would want your wrestler to face the toughest competition he could to be ready for the state tourney.....

Berry is pretty stiff completion and he bumped away from the Franklin kid who was ranked 2nd, I don't know what your talking about when you say stiffer. Merrillville bumped to give the the best possible chance at a team victory, their bumps made sence but bumping kral up didn't.    103: CP won I think 14-4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.