Can the Pirates dethrone the Dogs ?

pirateville

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but for a 4th place team in the state its pretty sad that they are throwing in the towel that early in the match.

merrillville didn't throw the towl in the whole night. Their forfeits were at 119 and 145. Merrillvilles 119 is pretty solid and he didn't bump so maybe he hurt. He didn't wrestle at the Al smith either. Their other forfeit came at 145 where CP had a pretty tough kid, you might of heard of him his name is Eric roach... he's pretty tough and it was probably going to be the same 6 point outcome.  Merrillville bumped up top at the end of the duel in which they won 3 out of the 4 last weight classes. There was no towl even in the gym. It was a good hard fought duel in which CP showed their dominance

Dunefan,

Who wrestled at 135 for Crown Point? Fuqua or Blue?  Is Fuqua hurt?  What was the reasoning for the fft at 215?  I would have thought Kral and Berry would have been a great match.  Crown Point sounds like they already had the dual won why did they fft 215?  Kral has beaten Berry in the past.  Seemed like CP dominated the dual the only close matches by score went Merr way.  

merrillville didn't throw the towl in the whole night. Their forfeits were at 119 and 145. Merrillvilles 119 is pretty solid and he didn't bump so maybe he hurt. He didn't wrestle at the Al smith either. Their other forfeit came at 145 where CP had a pretty tough kid, you might of heard of him his name is Eric roach... he's pretty tough and it was probably going to be the same 6 point outcome.  Merrillville bumped up top at the end of the duel in which they won 3 out of the 4 last weight classes. There was no towl even in the gym. It was a good hard fought duel in which CP showed their dominance

They announced 14 guys at during introductions, they had about another 15 sitting on the JV bench.   Someone is hurt is just an excuse, if you are hurt don't weigh in.  The other guy is too tough?????????  Thats the most pathetic excuse ever!!!! IDK what you were watching but that was not a good hard fought duel at least from a coaching standpoint.

They announced 14 guys at during introductions, they had about another 15 sitting on the JV bench.   Someone is hurt is just an excuse, if you are hurt don't weigh in.  The other guy is too tough?????????  Thats the most pathetic excuse ever!!!! IDK what you were watching but that was not a good hard fought duel at least from a coaching standpoint.

CP has more horses right Now I thought it was a hard fought dual too I guess I wasn't watching from the coaches view ethier. Jacobs walked out at 125 he Aldo didn't wrestle al smith but I can see wrestle Tsirtsis and raise Harveys hand that makes sense

Who said Roach was to tuff to wrestle? Merrillville bumped their 52 up that gave them a chance to save points. I said it would probably have the same outcome if he wrestled or didn't point wise. As for 119 are you saying if you weigh in you should have to wrestle? I'm sure if merrillville had a guy they would of threw him out there.  If their 119lb. kid didn't wrestle I'm sure theirs a good reason behind it.  Merrillville made that duel as close as they probably could.  It wasn't a good hard fought duel? Are you saying that CP is not as tough as they look or merrillville didn't show heart and went out there and layed down? On the other hand I thought both teams wrestled good. I don't think CP even had a plain decision, they either got a tech, major, or fall. Merrillville did a bump that made the duel closer.  Maybe I didn't get to see it in a coaching standpoint because I paid $5 at the gate and had to sit in the bleechers. Maybe if your unsatisfied with the meet you can complain and get that 5 bucks back. I'm sure if you asked David he would say he's upset that they lost but thought they battled, and I'm sure Vlink would tell you that he's happy with the win and that his guys wrestled good

I tell you one thing, when you get a chance to see good matches. You want to see them. Did those guys really have a chance against tsirtis or roach? I was looking forward to the Berry and Kral match which never materialized. Does not matter who bumps who or why. Someone said to be the best you have to beat the best. Call it what you want, but one thing for sure this is killing the sport, where kids or should i say coaches don't want wrestlers to have a loss on the records for seeding  purposes. Eventually you have to face tough kids, why not see where you stand and work from there. Regular season means nothing, its all about the post-season.

Let's set the record straight....Berry has never been bumped to run from whoever this Franklin kid is...his coaches make those decisions and its not because he is lacking ability  #2 Last year when Berry and Kral wrestle, Berry was wrestling on, what was found out to be, a fracture pelvis and the score was 6-4.  You do the math...Both Kral and Berry are good wrestlers!  Why don't we just let the wrestling speak for itself.  Some people take this site a bit too serious.  As for Kourtney, FOOTBALL is the sport he most cares about...wrestling get's him shape for FOOTBALL, so imagine, if he chose to wrestle and compete all year around, no telling how far he could go in a sport that he gives limited attention.  Just think of how far he has come in a sport he only commits to for a few months.  I understand why the coaches do what they do, but they should let the kids wrestle!

Let's set the record straight....Berry has never been bumped to run from whoever this Franklin kid is...his coaches make those decisions and its not because he is lacking ability  #2 Last year when Berry and Kral wrestle, Berry was wrestling on, what was found out to be, a fracture pelvis and the score was 6-4.  You do the math...Both Kral and Berry are good wrestlers!  Why don't we just let the wrestling speak for itself.  Some people take this site a bit too serious.  As for Kourtney, FOOTBALL is the sport he most cares about...wrestling get's him shape for FOOTBALL, so imagine, if he chose to wrestle and compete all year around, no telling how far he could go in a sport that he gives limited attention.  Just think of how far he has come in a sport he only commits to for a few months.  I understand why the coaches do what they do, but they should let the kids wrestle!

easy guy, nobody said anything about berry running, kral was the one who ran and forfeited. we commend berry for chasing that rematch from last year against kral

everyone is saying they wanted to see Berry and Kral. When Cp and Franklin wrestled at the Traicoff Kral was bumped up away from  Keith Knura.

Let's enjoy it for what it was... the region's two premier teams and two of the top coaches around. It was nice to get to watch one of these from the bleachers for once. Any idea on attendance? Not as many as I would have thought, but then Wednesday is a busy night in the region with all of the other Duneland and NCC teams in action. Might have helped to move this one to a Tuesday or Thursday so that everybody could enjoy!

kral did not run, duck, hide, nor tell the coach that he did not want to wrestle berry.  it was not  krals decision,  if you were at the match you saw that kral was warmed up and ready to go.  a wrestler has do what the coach tells him, wether he likes it or not.  he did wrestle nickson #9 at 215 and won 9-1.  beter than "other" ranked 215 's did against him.  20-0 should speak for itself.  his time will come at semi state, we will see then.

I would beg to differ... I worked the Mater Dei Holiday Tournament, and I think they and Crown Point match up very well. I'd think it would go 7-7  :)

(cbarnett) Since you've seen both teams this year , which most  of us haven't how would you break down a possible match up of C.P. and E.M.D. ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.