Can the Pirates dethrone the Dogs ?

pirateville

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea berry and kral were matches last year when beery was hurt but CP's 189 is pretty good cp could take a win there and bump kral to heavy and get a fall.

If CP does this they might risk giving up a fall at 215.  Nickson had a nice showing at Mishawaka.  I do think Berry is physical enough to not get overpowered by Kral.

Why was Peppers and Costakis missing at the Al Smith ? Merrillville will need every  wrestler  at this match especially after Crown Point smoked Mishawaka at the Traicoff by 28 points and Merrillville finished behind Mishawaka at the Al Smith .

I don;t see any team--come closer than 23 points against Crown Point--and i mean any team in state. This applies this coming Wednsday against Pirates, and rest of year in state tournament. Barring a few injuries, these Bulldogs look even stronger than Mishawaka did last year. We are proud of our region teams, and we will get another state team champion in 2011. Good luck to both teams!!

There is nothing wrong with changing schools even though I think we all know wrestling played a part in those families decision to move to CP or M'ville. As long as it was done by the books, there should be no debate about it. CP hit the jack pot with Tsirtsis & Roach a few years ago with those two being the main reason they were able to get past Cathedral and PM at team state. Now you have the Fuqua brothers taking them from a good team to a great team. Personally, I would rather win with kids from my feeder program but that's just my opinion.

CP wins handily on Wednesday night...20+ points.

Why was Peppers and Costakis missing at the Al Smith ? Merrillville will need every  wrestler  at this match especially after Crown Point smoked Mishawaka at the Traicoff by 28 points and Merrillville finished behind Mishawaka at the Al Smith .

Costakis wrestled up a weight class

I think Mishawaka was a more dominant team last year, and I am from CP.  That

was the reason the crowd was down at Center Grove .  Everyone that knows wrestling 

knew Mishawaka was going to win  last year.  I think any of 3 or 4 teams  could win this year.

Just my opinion. 

What 3 or 4 teams you think have a chance to beat the Dogs this year? I agree about last year--that everyone knew Mishawaka was going to win it. I feel same way about Crown Point this year--time will tell--but i stand by my earlier statement--no one comes closer than 23 points against Bulldogs this year!!

The only team in the state that has a chance against the Crown Dogs is Perry Meridian , everyone else is at least a 25 plus underdog , thats saying if  all the Dogs stay healthy the rest of the year .

I'm not sure I would be counting out EMD just yet!!!

I'm not sure I would be counting out EMD just yet!!!

If you could read I wasn't counting Perry Meridian out , my comment pretty much states that those should be the last two teams standing at the end of the season . Where in my quote states I'm counting P.M. out they're a great team which I have n0thing but respect for .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.